Need a low fat, hearty night time snack :)

AmethystWitch

Hey everyone, sorry I havn't posted in a while! :rolleyes: my weight loss is going good still :D It's just slowed down alot at the mo :sigh: and I think it's because of my night time eating habits :rolleyes: I can have a portioned controlled, healthy breakfast and dinner perfectly fine and I won't be hungry but as soon as 4:00 hits the clock my stomach goes into overdrive!! :sigh: I get really hungry and feel like eating something big and heavy, I have my healthy portioned tea although I do make it something that will try and fill me up but not long after I get hungry again and I usually go for the bread as a filler :rolleyes: I have a bit of an addiction to it I think :eat: So....I really need to find something that's filling but healthy! I always have fruit in, that I eat as a snack but at night time I always feel like something heavy...bready, or cereal but then I feel like I'm eating another meal! :( It's just annoying me now :mad: I'd like something quick and simple to eat, and not too pricy either lol :D Any suggestions?? :) Oh and I'm a vegetarian! :D lol

If i was hungry at night id eat...a tin of tuna ;) 200 calories and the protein took away the hunger

For a vegetarian, im not so sure.. i take it munching on carrots etc wont help?. The calories are so low they wont make a difference (same with celery, in fact i recall reading that celery is so hard to digest that its a negative calorie food)

As someone mentioned theres soya (i love morrisons vegetarian beans and sausages) but thats about 490 calories a tin..

Also there are some fruit that are low in calories... despite being gorgeous to eat strawberries are surprisingly low calorie and are very good for you (providing you dont cover them in icecream or cream ;)

Do you eat eggs? A fast omelette with some mushrooms peppers and a salad? It's quite filling, very cheap and the protein hit should keep you going! If not then maybe try some low fat cottage cheese and crunchy veggies?

I often have a yoghurt in the evening if I'm hungry - Muller Lights are my favourites. I like to put them in the freezer for an hour or so (give them a stir every 20-30 mins to break up the ice crystals) so they're like eating ice cream - the vanilla one with chocolate sprinkles tastes so good like that!

breaking-free said:
I often have a yoghurt in the evening if I'm hungry - Muller Lights are my favourites. I like to put them in the freezer for an hour or so (give them a stir every 20-30 mins to break up the ice crystals) so they're like eating ice cream - the vanilla one with chocolate sprinkles tastes so good like that!

Ooh I love this idea, am gonna have to try it. Thanks!

If you like Snack a Jacks, try the cheese or BBQ ones or the Kallo cracked black pepper rice cakes with some no fat/low fat cottage cheese on. I have 2 and less than 100 calories and you do actually feel that you have eaten something!

thin sticks of carrot cucumber celery mixed with cottage cheese and a drop of sweet chilli sauce wrapped in a large lettuce leaf.

if i feel hungry at night time i always make sure ive got something to snack on in the fridge like a packet of cherry tomatoes! even if i eat the entire packet its not something to feel guilty over :)

Back