Need a rant!!

dfzb <3

Got a friend who's giving me a hard time for not going out for a night on the town tomorrow because 'I'm dieting'. Saying 'cambridge is the worst diet ever, ill pile all the weight back on straight after, should just pack it in'.

I feel like such a rubbish friend because I'm refusing to go. Its important to her cause shes juat gone through a break up and its been planned for a while but I'm almost at the end of my 2nd week and I don't want temptation to get the better of me. I have to do this for myself, she should understand. Shes been on weight watchers for a year. :'( shes saying I shouldn't of started the diet till after the night out. I've tried explaining there's always going to be a excuse, Christmas is next, should I wait till after then, oh but then it's new year, then my birthday.

Am I being selfish??

Got a friend who's giving me a hard time for not going out for a night on the town tomorrow because 'I'm dieting'. Saying 'cambridge is the worst diet ever, ill pile all the weight back on straight after, should just pack it in'.

I feel like such a rubbish friend because I'm refusing to go. Its important to her cause shes juat gone through a break up and its been planned for a while but I'm almost at the end of my 2nd week and I don't want temptation to get the better of me. I have to do this for myself, she should understand. Shes been on weight watchers for a year. :'( shes saying I shouldn't of started the diet till after the night out. I've tried explaining there's always going to be a excuse, Christmas is next, should I wait till after then, oh but then it's new year, then my birthday.

Am I being selfish??

Oh hard one!! Put urself in her situation? Y dont u go out and drive then surely she can't b angry with that compromise???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If she's been on weight watchers for a year and now your on this diet, maybe I'm wrong but I'd say she's probably jealous at the speedy results that makes Cambridge so appealing. Tell her she's gonna pile it back on after weight watchers... Same difference, both offer maintenance.

I don't know what to say about going out, personally I wouldn't now because of what she said about your choice in diet and how *****y and non supportive she was. I've had people saying "that can't be healthy etc.." I just wanna scream F OFF and mind ya own!

If you don't want to go, don't go to please her. If she was any sort of friend she would understand x

i have had this problem too and i suppose it depends on two things:

1. what does your night out on the town involve?? if its a meal thing then yeah i imagine you might not want to put all ur hard work down the drain!! if its just drinks and clubbing then i echo what others have said!! be the designated driver and dont drink!! i live on sparkling water when i am out!!

2. How strong is your own will power??

also, going out neednt be about food it should be about the time you spend with your friend and you mustnt feel the way that you do! by going you will shut her up temporarily but utlimately she will still go on at you about how bad cambridge is!!! let her!! in one ear out the other cuz when u lose all the weight you can turn around and say "this is why i'm doing it"

so here's what would be my plan of action if i was in the same place as you:

Check the menus where food is involved and stick to high protein foods such as chicken and fish only with a handful of salad leaves etc OR take a CD product with u!! Tetra Pack or Bar or something

Stick to sparkling water!! it keeps you fuller for longer!! Or drink diet coke, it isnt allowed but at the same time one night wont do heaps of damage! if you really fancy a drink have a vodka and diet coke!! again its what will do the least damage!

Agree a worst case scenario upper limit to a blow out!! thats where u will stop and not have anymore!! e.g i will have half a portion of chips and no more!!

The most important thing you need to remember is why you're going! its to be there for ur friend and you dont have to eat or indulge in other peoples habits to do that, its the company that matters the most.

i say go! but stay focused!!

Good Luck!!

Your not being selfish, your trying to avoid all temptations which is good!

saying that though, you could go. You could take a bar/tetra to dinner and drink fizzy water. I've done it before, and truthfully... I didn't enjoy myself lol but sometimes we make sacrifices for our friends right?

But what I don't think you should do is say 'oh I'll have one one drink' or 'ill have dinner so I'm not left out' cause its a slippery slope. Also it's dangerous to drink in ketosis. So you would have to eat carbs before hand... Do you really want that? The effort of getting back into ketosis when it was so hard the first time round? That's just me though :)

Good luck whatever you decide! X x

Firstly thanks to everyone for you advice.

The reason I'm worried about going is there will be about 20 girls (well ladies, we're all 26-30) literally clubbing and pub crawling all night. No food first, plan is alcohol and lots of it! Imagine a hen do and not being able to drink?? It's going to be the same type of thing, a 'who needs men' type I get together. There's only so much peer pressure one can stand and people disapproving of the diet, trying to get u to take a night off ect.

Shes on of my best friends and I feel so so bad that I'm considering not going and of course I totally understand how upset she is I won't be there, but on the other hand, she knows what it's like to struggle on a diet and need support. If I was doing slimming world/ww etc I would be there! I just feel its not that easy when doing CD! I also dislike sparkling water unless flavoured so I would be drinking bottled/tap water. I just think I'd be a complete miserable moo cause when you haven't got a few bevvys inside you, drunken antics by others really aren't funny :-S ...

I've tried the going out thing and not drinking due to dieting and all I've ever got from people is bad vibes asking me why I'm not drinking, calling me miserable then it's my fault that nobody is having fun. People can be so ignorant :( x

I've tried the going out thing and not drinking due to dieting and all I've ever got from people is bad vibes asking me why I'm not drinking, calling me miserable then it's my fault that nobody is having fun. People can be so ignorant :( x

Why don't you have a slimline tonic so people may think ur drinking. It's not ur problem if noone has a good time I'm presuming there's gonna be a lot of people there so if its anyone's fault there not having fun it's there own. If they can't support you when ur trying to loose weight to make you happy then they are very selfish x

One more thing, don't feel embarrassed about the fact that ur choosing a better way of life! Be proud!

I've lost near enough 7 stone in total on Cambridge, came off for 3 months & didn't put on so much as half a pound. In my eyes, this is the best decision and journey i've ever embarked on. If you want it bad enough you'll do whatever it takes & not put the weight back on.

In regards to not going out. I can relate.
My best friend is very large, probably the same size i was before i started Cambridge. She has 2 kids, always going out for food, always eating ****. I've stopped seeing her as much as i used to, partly because i work full time & i'm just so busy, but also because i don't want to go back to my old ways.

Be strong!! x x

I've lost near enough 7 stone in total on Cambridge, came off for 3 months & didn't put on so much as half a pound. In my eyes, this is the best decision and journey i've ever embarked on. If you want it bad enough you'll do whatever it takes & not put the weight back on.

In regards to not going out. I can relate.
My best friend is very large, probably the same size i was before i started Cambridge. She has 2 kids, always going out for food, always eating ****. I've stopped seeing her as much as i used to, partly because i work full time & i'm just so busy, but also because i don't want to go back to my old ways.

Be strong!! x x

Thank you. Just what I wanted to hear. I've decided not to go. I need to be able to make sacrifices on the CD or whether I'm maintaining.

Thanks for listening to me moaning everyone. Lol xx

Back