need advice asap had too much veg

tanya12

hiy
so i allways have 4 packs a day and my veg but today i had 3 packs and a steamed chicken breast with a bit of cucumber,onion, cellery,lettuce n rocket leaves only problem now is im feeling really guilty for having extra salad as i prob had 400g instead of 200g, will this bring me out of ketosis?

i been doing so well this week and really just need to know if i have messed it up for myself :confused:

tanya12 said:
hiy
so i allways have 4 packs a day and my veg but today i had 3 packs and a steamed chicken breast with a bit of cucumber,onion, cellery,lettuce n rocket leaves only problem now is im feeling really guilty for having extra salad as i prob had 400g instead of 200g, will this bring me out of ketosis?

i been doing so well this week and really just need to know if i have messed it up for myself :confused:

It seems unlikely that you had 200g. Raw salad stuff is a huge volume for 200g. Even if you had extra cucumber, lettuce or rocket you should be fine. If you had a huge amount of onion it could be a slight issue. You should be fine - if anything it may make your calories a bit higher for today - but there aren't many calories in green veggies anyway.

thanks weasey, i didnt have much onion at all i only has 3 slices so about 1/4 of a small onion lol
maybe it sjust looked alot more then it weighed but the cucumber,onion and cellery all bring the weight up quiet alot

Cucumber is largely water so weighs a lot but doesn't have many calories.

Yeah, I shouldn't worry too much. If you'd had 400g of olives then I'd say it was something to worry about :)

I am not an expert on the amount of carbs in veg, but if anything's going to knock you out of ketosis it's going over your daily carb limit, not going over the calorie limit... not that I am recommending people do that! lol
I did atkins and loved the fact I could eat lots of calories but had to keep my carbs low, it's just a shame it worked out so expensive otherwise I would probably be doing it now.

So I think you'll be fine, especially seeing as you swapped a meal pack for chicken. The chicken is basically 0 carbs + the veg, instead of about 13g (depends what pack you would have had) from the pack you swapped it for + the veg.

Back