Need advice please!

leslabelle

Sorry about the content of this thread but...........

I know there is lots of talk on here about using psyllium husks etc to keep things moving but what do people use when already constipated. I'm having major problems and have been popping the dulco-ease like sweets (not literally lol) but no 'movement' and i'm in so much pain & discomfort :(
Never used to have this problem when i was an eating person (in fact usually the opposite..............sorry , too much info)

Dunno what to do. Any advice gratefully accepted :confused:

Hi Lesley I've been having the same problems :( I take psyllium husks but they don't do anything for me so have been taking dulcolax when I get bunged up :p It is very powerful stuff though and usually it's explosive :eek: sorry for tmi but even taking one tablet gets things moving fast so be careful :p I bought dulcoease by mistake and it didn't have any effect on me. Hope this helps and good luck :p
Hazel
x

Thanks Hazel,
That's the kind of info i was wanting to hear from someone. Think i'll nip along to the chemist asap as i can't bear this. Hopefully i have as much success as you!

Glad to have been of help. Just one word of caution - be patient. The first time I used them I took 2 immediately (not before bed) then when nothing had happened after a few hours I took another one - we nearly had to evacuate the house :eek:.
x

Ducolax (or Bisocodyl 5mg if you buy own brand which is the same thing) are excellent. Dulco-ease is just a softener. If you want a really good result (and you have the next day off ;)) take 2 tabs before you go to bed but if you want a moderate result take 1. Either way they will work better than Dulco-ease or senna.
I buy Tesco Bisocodyl 5mg which is cheaper and just as good.

Thanks folks. I managed to 'deal with it' myself after a lot of trying (sorry..too much info again) but i'll get some Dulcolax/bisocodyl in for the next time :-0

Back