Need advice please

Hi. :) my pharmacist will be putting me on maintainence when I have a stone and a half left to lose as he said I will start to burn muscle and not fat and I've been on it too long. He said I will lose the remaining on maintainence. But I thought maintainence was to maintain the the weight lost. Will I lose the remaining on maintenance ?? And if so what's the weekly loss usually like? Thanks a million. I'll just be so close to my goal so I'm worried I won't get there if I've to go on maintainence .

As far as I'm aware some people do still keep losing small amounts on maintenance over time depending on how strictly they stick to it and for how long. I'd like to say that your pharmacist knows best, but this doesn't sound exactly right to me - a stone and a half is a fair bit to lose just on maintenance. Don't listen to me over your pharmacist, seriously - but I would advise though that you point out to your pharmacist that your current weight still falls into the overweight category for your height as opposed to the healthy weight category, and you would prefer to wait until you are either comfortably in the healthy weight range or within a few pounds of it before coming of TFR. See what your pharmacist says - they may still disagree, but it's worth enquiring.

Thank you very much for responding. He said whe. I am 10 and a half stone I must start maintainence . But my goal is to be 9 stone . So should I ask to stay on it until I am closer to it? His words were " you must start refeed and the maintainence when you are at 10 and a half stone, as your body will start to burn muscle instead of fat, and you can lose the rest on maintainence" I didn't know what to respond to this because I don't know anything about burning muscle or fat, but I do know that I'll never reach 9 stone at that rate? Thanks again , thank you

IrishGirl2012 said:
Thank you very much for responding. He said whe. I am 10 and a half stone I must start maintainence . But my goal is to be 9 stone . So should I ask to stay on it until I am closer to it? His words were " you must start refeed and the maintainence when you are at 10 and a half stone, as your body will start to burn muscle instead of fat, and you can lose the rest on maintainence" I didn't know what to respond to this because I don't know anything about burning muscle or fat, but I do know that I'll never reach 9 stone at that rate? Thanks again , thank you

I have known people to lose loads on maintence but from i know there is differnt levels of the maintence diet and it states this on the lipotrim website. You wont lose as much but you will still have a weightloss and im 11 stone also goal weight 9 stone and my pharmacy told me i could do lipotrim until i reach my goal weight or i could do maintence to loose the last few pounds. i will continue with TFR x p.s spelling bad due to new phone lol

IrishGirl2012 said:
Don't worry i was using my phone too. Thank you for the post. I did not know they were different levels of maintenance. I wish he would let me stay on it until i am closer to my goal weight, but i don't know what to say to my pharmacist?

This is weird as my pharmacy says differnt i can do it till 9 stone. Maybe ring lipotrim and ask them or change pharmacy. x

Back