Need advice please....

Shellylou

Hello,

I'm new and looking for a little bit of advice about vlcd.

I did weight watchers in 2006 and managed to lose 6 and a half stone for my wedding, 2 children later and I've put all but a stone back on :-(. Feel so angry with myself because since having the children (3 years old and 17 months old) I have struggled and struggled to lose weight and seem to be gaining it so easily.

Maybe it's because my body has changed since having the children, maybe it's because I have the contraceptive implant and that's supposed to make you gain weight. I've been back to weight watchers and hovered around the same weight, tried slimming world instead and battled to just lose a few measley pound. Then i did a detox for 9 days and lost 11lb and 15 inches. Felt wonderful. It is only a 9 day detox but it made me wonder if my body would respond better to a vlcd, I've researched slim fast, CD, and lipotrim. Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reading. Skinny dust to all xxx

Hi shellylou,

can't offer any advice on the vlcd but just want to say hi.
There is a lot of info on the site and someone is always able to help

No worries xx than you for the reply. Will have a nosy round the forum and see what people are saying.

Thanks again for replying xx

Hello,

I'm new and looking for a little bit of advice about vlcd.

I did weight watchers in 2006 and managed to lose 6 and a half stone for my wedding, 2 children later and I've put all but a stone back on :-(. Feel so angry with myself because since having the children (3 years old and 17 months old) I have struggled and struggled to lose weight and seem to be gaining it so easily.

Maybe it's because my body has changed since having the children, maybe it's because I have the contraceptive implant and that's supposed to make you gain weight. I've been back to weight watchers and hovered around the same weight, tried slimming world instead and battled to just lose a few measley pound. Then i did a detox for 9 days and lost 11lb and 15 inches. Felt wonderful. It is only a 9 day detox but it made me wonder if my body would respond better to a vlcd, I've researched slim fast, CD, and lipotrim. Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reading. Skinny dust to all xxx

Hiya Shelley,
Like you I shed 6 and a half stone, but did it with SW not WW. I have put it all back on over the last 3-4 years for one reason or another. I have tried for 12 months to lose it but have failed, so am starting my first day on the cambridge vlcd tomorrow and am hoping to lose at least half a stone in my first week. I know it's extreme, but I just feel like I need a break from food for a couple if months as I can't be trusted to be good ATM!! Could be an option for you too maybe??
Xx

Hiya Shelley,
Like you I shed 6 and a half stone, but did it with SW not WW. I have put it all back on over the last 3-4 years for one reason or another. I have tried for 12 months to lose it but have failed, so am starting my first day on the cambridge vlcd tomorrow and am hoping to lose at least half a stone in my first week. I know it's extreme, but I just feel like I need a break from food for a couple if months as I can't be trusted to be good ATM!! Could be an option for you too maybe??
Xx
It's absolutely gutting isn't it. Sorry to hear you're in the same boat as me. It's comforting to know I'm not alone!
Yes, the cd quite possibly could work for me. Do you eat at all on CD? For me I need the results but I also need to be weighed by someone else! I can't do it alone. I try to stick below 1200 calories a day, I know what I need to do to lose weight because I did it before. It just doesn't go anywhere! I have 2 little boys so I'm fairly active. Do vibraplate sessions too. It's so frustrating that the weight isn't budging. My body reacted well to the detox and that's what's bought me here. Any idea the cost of Cambridge? Thanks for your reply xxx and lots of luck xxx

I've just written a lengthy reply but not sure where it's gone! Ha, sorry xx

Thanks for your reply x I'm sorry you're in the same position as me! It blows big time but I am comforted that I'm not alone.

Yeahhh, have stumbled cross CD during my searching. Do you eat anything or just shakes? Any ideas how much it is roughly? I just need to see some results now and after my detox was so successful, I quite fancy a vlcd. The strictness of he detox made me feel in control. I know what I need to do to lose weight, I try to to under 1200 calories per day and I'm fairly successful. I have 2 young kids, so I'm fairly active and do vibraplate sessions too. I've done this since jus after my littl-it's baby was born (17 months ago) and I am the same weight. I drop a pound or 2 then put it back on. I need some results before I stuff my face and make the problem bigger!!

Thanks for replying, keep me posted on how you're doing and thank you for ur reply xxxxx

Hiya xx im sorry to hear youre in the same position as me! It's vile and im so frustrated with myself!! Anyways....onwards and upwards. It is comforting to know im not alone and someone else had put the weight on.

Cambridge Diet is a possibility, although I don't know much about it. I'll do some research. Do you eat on it or is it TFR.

I like the thought of a strict approach tbh. I loved the feeling of control I got when I did the detox and that was very strict.

Im going away on march 15th so would plan to diet up until then. Im going to go and see the pharmacist today about lipotrim and learn a bit more and maybe even speak to a Cambridge counsellor and then decide which way to go.

Thanks for your reply and good luck with ur weight loss xxx

Ohhhh im soooo disappointed!!! Just been to the pharmacy on my town (they are listed on the lipotrim website). The assistant has told me that she doesn't think they offer lipotrim any longer and have optislim instead? Anybody know anything about it? Shes told me to go back on Thursday and she will talk to the person from head office who deals with it all when they are in on weds. Feel so disappointed because I am raring to go. wondering whether to try a local Cambridge counsellor instead? X

why not Exante, its the same as CD and lipotrim but they cut out the middle man (like a pharmacist or counsellor etc) which means it's a little bit cheaper, Also atm they have 50% on their website. You order online for next day delivery. Just an idea hehe :) xxx

Im so impatient!!! It's only a few days but im so psyched up!! Hmmm, im not sure about exante hun, I don't think id be very successful without being weighed by someone else each week. That was the part that I thought would keep me motivated. Knowing that each week I would have to be accountable for my actions.

Going to do some more research this afternoon and decide whether to wait til Thursday or speak with a local CD counsellor.

Nobody seems to have heard about optislim, doesn't bode well. Xx

Yeah I understand about the weighing in part, that's why im seeking a buddy on here around the same weight as me to lose. Also my mother is weighing me in each week and my old CD which lives 400 miles away wants to know my weight each week lol so no escaping lol xxx

Forget all these fad diets. Just come up with a sensible weight loss plan yourself. The advice I would give; Change your eating habits, commit to change, count your calories, weigh your food to assist in portion control, cut your daily calorie intake by 800 (so 1200 for a female), include plenty of fibre in your breakfast,excercise, a big no, no to snacking in between and finally don't give up in your quest.
I'm back on the wagon after the festive period, but after first starting in June 2012 I have lost 33 Lbs. I know all of the above is as easy said than done, but try it for 2 weeks initially and see for yourself the positive results. Over the past 7 days I cut out all bread, rice and pasta and lost 6 Lbs.

It doesn't work for me. I lost 6 and a half stone in 2006 on ww over the course of about 18 months to 2 years, I've put every pound back on. For the last 17 months (since having my 2nd baby) I eat 1200 cals per day....log everything I eat on my fitness pal. Granted some days are nearer 1350 bit never over 1350. I do vibra plate sessions, zumba twice a week and due to doing the school run, walk with the pushchair for about an hour a day. My body just doesn't want to lose weight. After 17 months of trying so hard, I need to see some results. I cant do it anymore and not see the scales budge.

I do have the contraceptive implant now (I didn't when I lost 6 and a half stone on ww) and I've had 2 babies too. Maybe these things are interferring with my weight loss?

I know the things I have to do to lose but unfortunately my body isn't responding anymore!! Wish it would, it"d be so much cheaper than doing a plan!

Im glad that the healthy eating and exercise is working for you though xxx thanks for posting xxx

Azzy that's fantastic you have done amazing... for me personally a VLCD is not a ''fad diet'' and a lot of people are successful on the plan. I like the idea of being taken away from food for personal reasons so find this diet perfect for the time being. Once I get into a healthy weight range I will be attending slimming world to maintain. Everyone is different and has there own opinion hehe. Good luck with your weight loss your doing great :) xxx

Hello Shelley!

Sorry, still getting to grips with this forum, I don't know if there's an easy way to check if someone has replied?!
There are different steps on cambridge, I am doing the lowest one as I want the fastest results - I had porridge, tomato soup and a choc bar today, all of which you buy from your consultant once a week when you get weighed and measured on your own not in a group. The products cost around £2 each. On my step I can have a small meal if I want to - mainly protein and green veg/ salad, but I am trying to go without in the week and have them at weekends. There are other steps too where you have just one or two cambridge products a day and more real food, but results are slower that way. Have a look on the website, if you type in your postcode it will give you a list of consultants close by.
Good luck xxx

Hi fraufrau....well quite by fluke (or maybe fate), I logged onto Facebook this afternoon and the first thing in my newsfeed was a few friends commenting on a status from a cambridge counsellor. She had put a post on with her before and after pics and I saw it as a bit of a sign! Like a hallelujah moment haha. Sooo I messaged her and have a consultation on weds morning. Nervous and worried cos I have such a looooong way to go (about 7 stone). Excited though to have a plan and looking forward to being in control again.

How you doin anyway? Thanks or the reply and I'll be picking your brain when I start for hints and tips xxx thank u xx

Yippee!! Really glad you managed to get sorted! So far so good for me, I am aiming to be 3 stone lighter by Easter and my consultant thinks it is an achievable target! After that I might start introducing a bit more food, as I should be able to fit into my size 16s then and will be feeling a bit better. Have a wardrobe with clothes from a 12 to a 20 and just need to get a grip!! If you start wed/ thurs we should be pretty in sync! Xxx

That's brill fraufrau xx haha, I can totally relate to that. I have 12's right the way up to 22!! Appointment in the morning at quarter to 10. Excited but nervous. We're taking the kids to Disneyland Paris on 15march. I plan to do tfr til then and then see where im at (think its about 8 or 9 weeks). Maybe I"ll carry on with the tfr after my holiday or go onto the 2nd stage where u introduce a small meal.

Im soooo excited, bit nervous too.

Anyways, I'll let ya know how it goes.

Lotsa love xxx

Hi I haven't read all the replies but I noticed you said your on the implant, I to went onto this because all health advisers, midwives really raved about it. I found it made me put on 3 stone, made me very very stroppy and down and also gave me high blood pressure and headaches. As soon a I had it taken out all the symptoms disappeared. I'm not saying its completely rubbish for everyone but if you don't think it's right for you have it removed. :)

How did it go today ShelleyLou? Hope you got on well and have come back feeling positive! I am helping out on a trip to Geneva on march 14th for a few days, so like you will be altering what I do, but hopefully should be a lot lighter by then! Xxx

Back