need advice please

Hi I have just been given a months supply of xenical from doctor but no advice apart from I will need to wear a pad at all times ???is this true and does she mean an incontenence pad ,Also any examples of a days meals anyone can give please ..Thanks

Hi I have just been given a months supply of xenical from doctor but no advice apart from I will need to wear a pad at all times ???is this true and does she mean an incontenence pad ,Also any examples of a days meals anyone can give please ..Thanks

Hi

You don't need to wear a pad unless you plan on eating a lot of fat. You need to make sure all foods are under 5g of fat per 100gs i have a diary posted which shows what i eat i generally have cereal for Brekfast soup or baled potato with salad for munch (and sometimes the same for dinner. and for dinner either quorn with wedges (hm ones)/curry etc you can also have certain ready meals. Snackwise you can have snack a jacks and mullerlights etc just make sure wit is under 5g per 100g.

Good Luck

I also eat Ryvita as i don't eat bread. If you feel more comfortable wear a sanitary towel but as long as you stick to the rules you won't get any of those side effects. You can't have cheese (i eat cottage cheese as that is within the rules)

Hi if you stick to the rules !!!! Nothing will happen side effects wise but the moment you eat deep fried foods/ takeaways / cook with too much oil / eat foods with high fat content - expect the worst!!! Rules : check all packets for nutritional info look in the 100g column, not the per portion column!!! If the item is 5g of total fat or less per 100g - you can eat it! Anything over - your likely to expect really bad side effects!! In a day 45g total fat per day, aprox 15g fat per meal - but not in one item! Take tablets with food, 3 x day - main meals Sample breakfast: turkey bacon rashers/ or lean bacon no fat - sainsbury and tesco do these. With baked beans. Omelette with sliced tomatoes cooked using fry light cooking spray - or in microwave ?? Wheatbix with fruit and skimmed milk Lunch: lean meats (chicken no skin, lean lamb & beef) loads salad - low fat mayo - dressing etc Dinner: lean meats, loads veges, baked potatoes with low fat yogurt on top.. Most of the supermarkets to low fat ready meals - WW meals are ok - too including their pizza etc - just check labels and remember your portion sizes !! Myfitnesspal.com or phone app is fantastic for tracking your cals and fat content of recipes It about being aware of how much fat you are eating per item - remember fruit and veg are low fat and very good for you!! Beware low fat - high sugar items - can stall weight loss!! Plus also create blood sugar highs and lows, which can cause you to feel more hungry as your craving your next sugar high!! Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi if you stick to the rules !!!! Nothing will happen side effects wise but the moment you eat deep fried foods/ takeaways / cook with too much oil / eat foods with high fat content - expect the worst!!! Rules : check all packets for nutritional info look in the 100g column, not the per portion column!!! If the item is 5g of total fat or less per 100g - you can eat it! Anything over - your likely to expect really bad side effects!! In a day 45g total fat per day, aprox 15g fat per meal - but not in one item! Take tablets with food, 3 x day - main meals Sample breakfast: turkey bacon rashers/ or lean bacon no fat - sainsbury and tesco do these. With baked beans. Omelette with sliced tomatoes cooked using fry light cooking spray - or in microwave ?? Wheatbix with fruit and skimmed milk Lunch: lean meats (chicken no skin, lean lamb & beef) loads salad - low fat mayo - dressing etc Dinner: lean meats, loads veges, baked potatoes with low fat yogurt on top.. Most of the supermarkets to low fat ready meals - WW meals are ok - too including their pizza etc - just check labels and remember your portion sizes !! Myfitnesspal.com or phone app is fantastic for tracking your cals and fat content of recipes It about being aware of how much fat you are eating per item - remember fruit and veg are low fat and very good for you!! Beware low fat - high sugar items - can stall weight loss!! Plus also create blood sugar highs and lows, which can cause you to feel more hungry as your craving your next sugar high!! Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Why can't you have the 15g of fat in the item??? Thanx xxx

Hi if you are talking about a ready meal - which is made up of different foods - yes you can have 15g fat per portion - as long as the per 100g is equal to or less than 5g

If your talking about 15g fat per 100g that is way too much and you will get side effects!!

It has to be 5g or less per 100g of total fat!

15g or less per meal is fine - but it has to be spread over a range of items - meat, veggies, potatoes, pasta , sauces etc

Hi if you are talking about a ready meal - which is made up of different foods - yes you can have 15g fat per portion - as long as the per 100g is equal to or less than 5g

If your talking about 15g fat per 100g that is way too much and you will get side effects!!

It has to be 5g or less per 100g of total fat!

15g or less per meal is fine - but it has to be spread over a range of items - meat, veggies, potatoes, pasta , sauces etc

If I just wanted to have one item that weighs 200g and has 7g of fat per 100g even though the total would be 14g which is till under the 15g allowance, would this be allowed???? Thanx xxx

If I just wanted to have one item that weighs 200g and has 7g of fat per 100g even though the total would be 14g which is till under the 15g allowance, would this be allowed???? Thanx xxx

No it's not within the rules - if you do you are risking side effects ..

What is the item?

CeeCee786 said:

In that example, the fat level would be 7%, so even though the total would only be 14g, the proportion of fat to other ingredients is outside the 5% guideline, so would be a no-no (technically). :) xx

Back