Need advice please

BlaizeMummy

Both me and my husband would love to do Slimming world. Due to price and time of groups (2 kids) its not convenient for us to go, so we are going to do it from home.

The advice needed is where do we start. Last time i looked at slimming world was 6 years ago and it was a simple green/red day or mixed, which i could never understand. Which one is easiest to follow, do and shop for. How many syns do you have, healthy extras A & B still and what are the free foods and super free foods. Also do we have to have a percentage of our plate a certain food. if there is a place on the forum im sorry i couldn't find it and will appreciate any advice.

thank you

BlaizeMummy

You really need to have the starter pack at the very least. That includes all the basic information about the plan and it'll be pretty impossible without it I'm afraid. There are a variety of options

- take advantage of one of the free membership voucher to go along to group, even if only for one week. You'll get the book, a consultant intro and access to online tools for a limited period during which you can gather any further info you need
- join online, again there are offers available at this time of year
- buy the starter pack directly from SW on ebay, but this will be more expensive than getting it from group

I agree with patchwork puss you definately need the books. Have done SW before but bought a set on ebay last year. Combined with this site I followed the new EE plan and lost 24 lb.
The new plan is my favourite with an odd green day when I want extra cheese but could not have done it without buying the books.
Found this plan fits easy into family meals aswell.
Good luck.

You can always buy the Slimming World magazine!! Its great for people wanting to try slimming world as it contains a week menu planner.

Couldn't one of you go along to the metting for a while until you get the hang of it. I'm not a fan of people going for one week just for the books, especially when the mbrship is free at the mo with the offers in mags. I also think you will gain a much better understanding of the plan if you go to the meetings a few times before going it alone.

Back