Need Fashion Advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peachy1982, 27 May 2008 Social URL.

1. peachy1982

peachy1982 Silver Member

Diet:
    common sense, everything in moderation
    Well,
    I have returned to work after my long weekend break and been told that I need to go out in Manchester on Friday night with some customers. Arghhhh fashion nightmare
    What am I going to wear? I never go out in town never mind a city?
    Looks like we are having pre-dinner drinks then a meal then cocktails and possibly clubbing. Please help me all you fashionistas out there.
    My details are I am 5'7" size 16 bottoms size 14/16 top - not bad boobs but need a bra so no spaghetti straps. I am age 26 so young and funky is always preferred.
    Please please please advise me
    clare
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    Clare

Black pants, a shimmery top or all black. Thinking no sleeves, not boob tube at all and not shoe string straps, vest style ( hope that makes sense ).

Heels, a coat and a really thin, long dressy scarf (silky). Hair up to flatter you cheek bones and bring focus to either you boobs, eyes and or lips.

Hope I haven't gone over the top here???
    Bren
    X

4. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Try "NEW LOOK".....you will be surprised. They have some lovely short-ish dresses in that you could wear alone or over trousers with wedges and a matching bag.

Definately NO "Primark", acrylic, plastic shoes, Very high heeled shoes as the streets are VERY uneven in Manchester.

Those scarves that Bren mentioned can be used to good effect and are available in every colour under the sun. Those with a bit of silver in are nice for the evening.

5. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    Clare
    Sorry I'm in Australia and we use metric.. cm is centimeter's:)

Bren
    X

6. monkeys bunny

monkeys bunny need 2get my head into it

Diet:
    slimming world
    i always find that the bigger cities are less 'glam' of you know what i mean. i would go for comfort as well as style. good fitting pair of jeans and a funky tunic top dressed with large handbag and necklace.
    have fun no matter what you wear

im also going out tonight in my home town of Bridlington to watch a live band at our local then round town, i havnt been out for ages and am running out of clothes that still fit (not a bad thing really)....but im dibating whether to go as 'me' or try and fit in....not sure if to wear my knee high New Rock boots, over knee socks, just above knee skirt and black top or whether to just wear my jeans and nice top? any thoughts?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.