need filling up

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by paula 36, 19 August 2007 Social URL.

1. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Hi everyone,i have got a big appetite and other than no point soup have you got any examples of what you have when your starving.Especially if you havnt got many pointsxx:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi Paula,

Skimmed milk coffee is filling and 1/2 pint of skimmed milk is 1 point.

medium apple is only 1/2 point

mixed salad is 0 point

thin low fat sausage grilled 1/2 point

3 turkey rashers, grilled 1 point

3 tablespoons of baked beans 1 point

Poached mushrooms 0 points.

medium skinless chicken breast grilled 21/2 points

courgettes and cauliflower 0 points

mashed carrot and swede 0 points.

gravy, made from a teaspoon of granules 1/2 point

Small tub of 110g of diet cottage cheese with chives 1 1/2 points

60g wafer thin chicken 1 point

sugar free jelly 0 points

Zero Vegetable Chilli 0 points

4. Rosemary Shanahan

Rosemary Shanahan Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st11.4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers old points
    Afternoon! :) I have to agree with the zero point jelly, just been to buy some little pots of Rowntree's Raspberry Low Sugar jelly today. It's not exactly very filling, but I think it's the physical process of sitting down eating something with a spoon that tricks my body into thinking it's being naughty and eating when I haven't got points left.

A cup of hot vegemite/yeast extract seem to kill off the savoury hunger pangs (zero points). Or if I'm still hungry and no points left, I cut up a load of mushrooms and microwave them with some garlic and spritz of fry light so it sticks. Zero points and mmmmn :) Have been mostly living on Tesco BBQ Rice Cakes lately though (I'm addicted to them!) only half a point each.

Mini likes this.
  5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    One of my favourites just now is simply an apple chopped up with a WW yoghurt... only half a point and its a nice sized bowl youre getting. Sometimes its a psychological thing, just to be eating helps more than how much youre eating... if that makes sense.

I also like Melba toast with WW cheese triangles, you get 6 slices of melba toast & cheese for 1.5 points, again theyre not the biggest things in the world but the fact you get so many is great :)

Have a look at the favourites thread Paula, youll find loads of ideas there :)

6. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Thank you so much mini,starlight,and rosemary there are some fab tips there.Im gonna go and make some jellyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:thankyou:

7. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    When I was doing WW the jelly was a firm favourite with me.

Also the zero soup.:)

8. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Thanks mini ,what diet do you follow now?xx:)

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I have a big appetite too, I can easily out eat my OH! Some of my favourite and most filling meals are...

Chilli con carne made with quorn instead of mince - makes a really good portion for not many points. I tend to pack mine out with lots of onions and mushrooms too. I usually do that with rice and I get a really decent size meal for around 6-7 points! I make mine really spicy too, because it takes me longer to eat it - that fills me up more for some reason.

Bolognese, again with quorn - another really good portion size for not too many points! Again I pack it with onions and mushrooms and then serve it with pasta. Usually comes to around 6-7 points for the whole meal.

Another good one (which I haven't had for a while is stirfry). I make mine more like a chow mein - I use the straight to wok egg noodles (which I think are 3.5 points per pack) and I just do that with LOADS of beansprouts, onions and mushrooms (in case you hadn't noticed, I like onions and mushrooms, lol!!) and just flavour it with soy sauce (either that or a stirfry sauce which are usually only 1-2 points anyway) and that makes a huge portion for between 3.5-5 points!).

Those are my favourite low point most filling meals - hope that helps ;)

10. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Thanks marie,ive got some good ideas from that.Sometimes it helps to see what other people eat,as i know i tend to stick to the same xx:)

11. nails

nails *Quornstar*

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    After Starlight's recommendation I've been trying a few quorn dishes and highly recommend them.
    I bulk out most of my meals with loads of veg.
    McCain Rustic chips are lovely and fairly low, I'm such a chip person and accompany lots of meals with chips :D
    xx

12. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Thanks nails ,x

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Woo hoo another Quorn convert :party0049:

14. dreaming.of.a.slimmer.me

dreaming.of.a.slimmer.me Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If I fancy a snack i have WW sour cream and chive potato bakes with an individual pot of cream cheese and chive light philledelphia its one point for the potato bakes and 2 for the cream cheese.

15. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

oh yummyxx:)

16. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Not tried those potato bakes... do you get them at your class??

17. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Yeah i think there the ones at the class,i will av a look this morningxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.