Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

need filling up

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by paula 36, 19 August 2007 Social URL.

1. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Hi everyone,i have got a big appetite and other than no point soup have you got any examples of what you have when your starving.Especially if you havnt got many pointsxx:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi Paula,

Skimmed milk coffee is filling and 1/2 pint of skimmed milk is 1 point.

medium apple is only 1/2 point

mixed salad is 0 point

thin low fat sausage grilled 1/2 point

3 turkey rashers, grilled 1 point

3 tablespoons of baked beans 1 point

Poached mushrooms 0 points.

medium skinless chicken breast grilled 21/2 points

courgettes and cauliflower 0 points

mashed carrot and swede 0 points.

gravy, made from a teaspoon of granules 1/2 point

Small tub of 110g of diet cottage cheese with chives 1 1/2 points

60g wafer thin chicken 1 point

sugar free jelly 0 points

Zero Vegetable Chilli 0 points

4. Rosemary Shanahan

Rosemary Shanahan Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st11.4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers old points
    Afternoon! :) I have to agree with the zero point jelly, just been to buy some little pots of Rowntree's Raspberry Low Sugar jelly today. It's not exactly very filling, but I think it's the physical process of sitting down eating something with a spoon that tricks my body into thinking it's being naughty and eating when I haven't got points left.

A cup of hot vegemite/yeast extract seem to kill off the savoury hunger pangs (zero points). Or if I'm still hungry and no points left, I cut up a load of mushrooms and microwave them with some garlic and spritz of fry light so it sticks. Zero points and mmmmn :) Have been mostly living on Tesco BBQ Rice Cakes lately though (I'm addicted to them!) only half a point each.

Mini likes this.
  5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    One of my favourites just now is simply an apple chopped up with a WW yoghurt... only half a point and its a nice sized bowl youre getting. Sometimes its a psychological thing, just to be eating helps more than how much youre eating... if that makes sense.

I also like Melba toast with WW cheese triangles, you get 6 slices of melba toast & cheese for 1.5 points, again theyre not the biggest things in the world but the fact you get so many is great :)

Have a look at the favourites thread Paula, youll find loads of ideas there :)

6. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Thank you so much mini,starlight,and rosemary there are some fab tips there.Im gonna go and make some jellyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:thankyou:

7. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    When I was doing WW the jelly was a firm favourite with me.

Also the zero soup.:)

8. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Thanks mini ,what diet do you follow now?xx:)

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I have a big appetite too, I can easily out eat my OH! Some of my favourite and most filling meals are...

Chilli con carne made with quorn instead of mince - makes a really good portion for not many points. I tend to pack mine out with lots of onions and mushrooms too. I usually do that with rice and I get a really decent size meal for around 6-7 points! I make mine really spicy too, because it takes me longer to eat it - that fills me up more for some reason.

Bolognese, again with quorn - another really good portion size for not too many points! Again I pack it with onions and mushrooms and then serve it with pasta. Usually comes to around 6-7 points for the whole meal.

Another good one (which I haven't had for a while is stirfry). I make mine more like a chow mein - I use the straight to wok egg noodles (which I think are 3.5 points per pack) and I just do that with LOADS of beansprouts, onions and mushrooms (in case you hadn't noticed, I like onions and mushrooms, lol!!) and just flavour it with soy sauce (either that or a stirfry sauce which are usually only 1-2 points anyway) and that makes a huge portion for between 3.5-5 points!).

Those are my favourite low point most filling meals - hope that helps ;)

10. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Thanks marie,ive got some good ideas from that.Sometimes it helps to see what other people eat,as i know i tend to stick to the same xx:)

11. nails

nails *Quornstar*

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    After Starlight's recommendation I've been trying a few quorn dishes and highly recommend them.
    I bulk out most of my meals with loads of veg.
    McCain Rustic chips are lovely and fairly low, I'm such a chip person and accompany lots of meals with chips :D
    xx

12. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Thanks nails ,x

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Woo hoo another Quorn convert :party0049:

14. dreaming.of.a.slimmer.me

dreaming.of.a.slimmer.me Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If I fancy a snack i have WW sour cream and chive potato bakes with an individual pot of cream cheese and chive light philledelphia its one point for the potato bakes and 2 for the cream cheese.

15. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

oh yummyxx:)

16. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Not tried those potato bakes... do you get them at your class??

17. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Yeah i think there the ones at the class,i will av a look this morningxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.