Need Help??? Need to axe Gym membership

Lauratheloop

Silver Member
Guys I need help..... Me and hubby are going through our finances and I honestly feel that the £40 a month I pay on gym membership could really come in handy however I NEED to lose weight and love my Gym workouts....

That said most important to me is that I do some form of exercise but preferably something I'm not paying for seeing as we are saving....

Any ideas?? Other then running? At 208lbs running is a little challenging for me

Oh also I'm going to Try to either cut down or completely cut out my smoking - although to be fair not smoking doesn't bother me so not really a big deal lol

Any suggestions welcome.... I live in the country so plenty of open fields an trails to follow and I do have a bike ... Help help

Sounds like you know the answer :p

Bike, Walk, YouTube for excercise rountines, follow a C25K programme.

I have gym membership but only ever go to use the swimming pool, I just got a personal trainer and we havent been in the gym yet (3 sessions down).

He puts a heart rate monitor on me, and then we exercise to get my hr upto 120 to 140 beats per minute, and then maintain it at that level for 30mins to an hour, be that walking, stepping, boxing. You can pick heart rate monitors up from argos for like £20.

I have one but it broke so I'm going to take it back and get it replaced!! Perfect idea so what's the optimal heart rate? Is there a site that tells me what I should keep my HR at to burn more??

Never thought of the HRM wicked idea

Xx

Hey Laura, do you have a games console of any sort? The investment in eg zumba wii or other games might be better than monthly payments for a gym. I actually have a favorite playlist of youtube zumba tracks set up so i can do my own class but still have a teacher to follow - that's free:D

Making the most of the countryside sounds like a good plan too. Good luck!

Back