Need Help With a Veggie Diet

flareth

Hi my name is Robbie

I am going on a low calorie diet around 1000-1200 :sigh: i have been reading up a lot on the 300-400 calorie diet which was my original plan but i have changed my mind (luck really from what i read) i have 2 weeks before myself and my girlfriend start travelling again i can't however find a good diet. it really needs to focus on 2 main factors
1) i am veggie so NO meat or fish
2) i like to snack some very low calorie snack advice would be great :D

i don't intend to do this diet after the 2 weeks ( unless it is possible which i doubt)

anyone care to advise i need something simple that i can stick to i will be back on tomorrow morning to put up a starting weight and every morning after that to update how it all goes

Last edited:
Hi, its very dangerous to eat such a little amount, if you eat under 1200 cals your body goes into starvation mode and you won't be losing weight like you think you will dramatically reducing you calories to so little, your body will be holding on to everything it can because your not eating enough, you will feel lousy too as you won't be eating anywhere near what you would burn just doing day to day things, so i would seriously advise against such a low cal diet.

i am in the south of france atm so can't get hold of them sadly i used to use them all the time in england really great stuff for the mince though a slightly cheaper version ( but just as good ) is soya mince

spudnik said:
Hi, its very dangerous to eat such a little amount, if you eat under 1200 cals your body goes into starvation mode and you won't be losing weight like you think you will dramatically reducing you calories to so little, your body will be holding on to everything it can because your not eating enough, you will feel lousy too as you won't be eating anywhere near what you would burn just doing day to day things, so i would seriously advise against such a low cal diet.

Absolutely, and it's 1,500 minimum for a man, so even less advisable unless on a proper VLCD. :) xx

i am still going 1200 cal as best i can sadly no weight lost but nothing gained which is a win in my book

flareth said:
i am still going 1200 cal as best i can sadly no weight lost but nothing gained which is a win in my book

The lack of a loss could be because you're not eating enough calories, as that is what happens. Just take care. :)

really? i have never come across this before less calorie lose weight right?

flareth said:
really? i have never come across this before less calorie lose weight right?

No, it's a common reaction for your body to go into "starvation mode" if you eat too few calories, and you don't lose weight. Most people who encounter it get better losses when they increae their intake. There are various threads on here dedicated to it. You shouldn't eat below your basal metabolic rate (BMR), which you can easily calculate on-line. :)

lost 7lbs so far this week :) really looking forward to paris :)

Back