Leigh's SW journey at home :-)

leigh1877

Silver Member
Hello, thank you for passing by, click on watch thread and I promise you that you will be super motivated by the time you have caught up and will want to pop in every day just to check if I'm sticking to plan haha.

I'm Leigh, I'm a single part-time working mummy of two children, Shayne is 10.5 and Angel is 7, we have a little chihuahua called Honey and she will be 3 in June.

I'm one of those people that stick to a plan when I'm on it, if I slip up, its small, not huge and I won't carry on. I have had a really awful divorce and a few really bad little relationships since splitting from my husband, so I am now focusing on myself and my children and I am slowly getting there. I feel much more content alone, there are obviously occasions where I get a little lonely but it doesn't last long! As the kids grow and become more and more independent then I have plans to go to the gym, start running again and really enjoy life!

So this brings me here, I did SW when I had my daughter and did really well, I kept the weight off for some time and then the separation and divorce came along and stress leads to just enjoying bad food. I'm now enjoying good food, LOVING it in fact and I can't see myself slipping this time. I can see myself getting to my initial target of 10 stones which will bring me just into my healthy BMI! I can also see myself getting closer to the lower half of my healthy BMI, but not entirely sure how long it will take, that is besides the point, I am doing a healthy plan, not on a short term diet and I'm now here to stay.

As a single mummy, I can't afford to be spending an extra £20-25 on going to a group sadly, not long term anyway, so I want to see how I get on alone for the time being. It really helps to read other peoples motivational stories on here and other social media sites, but I'm thinking I may start to plateau when I get closer to my initial goal, so I'll think about joining for a boost when I'm around 11 stones, we'll see.

So, if you are here for motivation, then you are in the right place!

I'm also using my Wii as I have a personal trainer game on it that is great and I'm slowly easing myself into it, I have had a few colds this winter probably due to being in a new job so combined with a slightly raised stress level and air-conditioning, didn't help, but I now aim to do my exercise every morning for 15 mins, this means getting up early!

Look forward to getting to know you and enjoying our journey to target!!!

Leigh :)

This was my first recipe back on SW!

16112688_10155133074207150_1228085844729819389_o.png
15975007_10155133074382150_745009132630836874_o.png
Ingredients:

3x Eggs beaten
cherry tomatoes
garlic
ham
cook for 20 minutes in warm oven

Last edited:
15975248_10155130532447150_626783587049486749_o.png
My wonderful evening desert

Ingredients:
low fat yoghurt
x2 blackberries
x4 raspberries
x8 blueberries
x8 red currents
x1 clementine
x1 small apple

I have banana and clementine with yoghurt with my lunch.

Last edited:
WP_20170114_18_04_40_Pro.jpg
chicken breast,
frozen roast spuds 100grams 10 syns
Yorkshire pudding 2.5 syns
gravy x3 tbs 0.5 syns
cauliflower
broccoli
green beans

Last edited:
WP_20170115_17_30_07_Pro.jpg
x3 eggs
mushrooms
spring onion
seasoning

beetroot
lettuce
tomatoes
cucumber
French dressing synned

Last edited:
Hi Leigh,

Have you thought about starting your own instagram page?

I have one just for my SW journey posts. Some great support on there and some great ideas too!

WP_20170116_16_42_22_Pro.jpg
Was hungry today, so piled my plate high.

I didn't realise my frozen roast veg mix from Sainsbury's had vegetable oil on it, so ended up having to syn it, it wasn't even nice as wasn't cooked through long enough, never mind. I used HexA for cheese on jacket potato, however ended up having a little more that I should have, I also had hot dogs on side as kids had hot dogs in buns for dinner, very strong taste, don't think I'll buy again.

Last edited:
WP_20170119_17_36_11_Pro (2).jpg
chicken and veg curry

chicken breast
cauliflower
carrots
green beans
passatta
tomatoe puree
curry powder
rice

Last edited:
x3 eggs
mushrooms
tomatoes
garlic
seasoning
whisked a few times in between microwaving
quick, easy, delish, satisfying

spinach for speed!!
WP_20170121_10_48_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20170121_13_07_52_Pro.jpg
snack time

treated myself to a 50p single pot of Muller light, black current &liquorice flavour, to try!!

big bowl of fruit salad, water melon, pear & my last banana for a little while as been having them daily, but realised they aren't speed, so will enjoy

Back