Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

need some advice please? sore throat, feeling yuk.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by grumbletumble, 3 August 2008 Social URL.

1. grumbletumble

grumbletumble Silver Member

Diet:
    SW- Green
    hiya :)

i am feeling really yukky today, i think i'm getting a cold. I have a really sore throat and the thought of having a shake makes me feel sick. i haven't managed to have a shake at all today, as i have slept alot.
    I just wanted to know will it matter if i miss 1 or 2 shakes because i'm ill?
    Thank you for reading xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

If you gargle some asprin it will help with the sore throat. When i was sick i missed a few shakes and i was ok, you should really try and have one hun. hope your feeling better soon xx

4. grumbletumble

grumbletumble Silver Member

Diet:
    SW- Green
    aww thank you becky for replying so quickly xx
    i will try the gargling...just took some paracetamol tho, so i'll try later.
    i just can't face the shakes as they are too milky if that makes sense?
    anyway i'm going to try and get at least 1 down me today if not 2. wish me luck!
    Thank you again for the advice
    xx

5. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

Hope you feel a bit better soon :)x

6. bridie

bridie Full Member

Start Weight:
    7st10lb
    Current Weight:
    7st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    6st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    just stick with it hun...when i was ill i went off the rails cos all i could keep down was bread..... my body loved that arghhh lol you will be fine :)
    xxxx

7. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Grumble:
    I've been having trouble with shakes anyways. I just discovered something that I think will help your htroat, depending on the flavors you have.

I mixed my vanilla shake in a blender with 2 cups of ice and about 20 oz. water. Added 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 of almond, and 1/2 of peppermint. The result is edible. It's overwhelmingly pepperminty. I can only taste peppermint. It is also so cold that it has completely numbed my throat - which might help your sore one. Feel better!

8. Elvira

Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Are people's sore throats due to the diet? Because I seem to have acquired one which only gets bad when I drink my shakes! What the hell?! I have also been getting some odd stomach aches when I'm lying down...:confused:

9. littlemissspendthrift

littlemissspendthrift impossible is nothing

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Xenical
    i dont get sore throat but i do get sore lips.. so i drink my shake through a straw. i know its the shakes as when i came off them my lips heeled, went back on them and it came back. but since i have been drinking with a straw if has cleared up again!!

maybe your throat is a bit sensitive to the shakes??

10. Elvira

Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    yeah maybe, i can't decide if it's our water or the shakes because when i drink water it seems to flare up too. feels like i am swallowing razorblades!!

oh well, small price to pay to be slim!

11. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Drink the shakes through a straw will help. I'm like above - my lips have gotten so dry and chapped.

Because of the water here, which is just bad, I have gotten a system that cuts down on bottled water cost. I will put water to boil in a kettle, like for tea. Then, I let it cool and pour it into a pitcher that I store in the refrigerator. From there, you have nice, cold water that has been boiled just in case to purify it, at no cost. =)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.