Need some advice..

JJR93

Hi guys coming to the end of my 2nd day!

Not going to lie really finding it hard today. Been looking through some threads and people have put all the weight back on after doing LLT?

Due to money issues after i finish lighterlife in 10 weeks I cannot start the maintenance thingy.

So im really scared all the weight I loose will go straight back on? Now im thinking is it worth going through all this?

Thanks

To be brutally honest, the route to management is that most needed part of the plan. It's easy to loose the weight, anyone can if the eat the packs & stick to it. It's learning to manage your weight that the hard part. It's the knowledge & tools that you get from the weekly classes at lighterlife that helps you build a plan of action to place for when you go back to the world of real food.

I am one of the people who have regained weight once I gave up LLT as I went back to eating 'normally' afterwards. If you go back to eating the way you always have, your obviously going to gain back the weight! That's why management is the most essential part of the programme, helping to get back to normal food etc.....so at the risk of sounding harsh, yes, it's probably a waste of time & you'll more than likely regain the weight. I am saying this from experience. The diet does work, no doubts about that, it's us that have to change & without the tools that LL give us I'd find it impossible xx

Hi Jenm, Thanks for your reply.

Last time you did LLT how long did you do it for and how much weight did you loose? Also how much weight did you regain and what amount of time did you gain the weight in?

Thanks.

One thing I've noticed is that the vast majority of returners I've spoken to have told me that they didn't do route to maintenance. I decided early on that I would definitely need to do it. It is difficult if you can't find the funds though. Make sure you pay a lot of attention to the counselling and do your weekly work at home too. That's what makes the difference - how much attention you pay to the bit which is about changing your relationship with food. You could also look at buying a TA or CBT book to do with weight loss and use that to help yourself. I've just started a TA one - don't know how good it is yet!

One thing I've noticed is that the vast majority of returners I've spoken to have told me that they didn't do route to maintenance. I decided early on that I would definitely need to do it. It is difficult if you can't find the funds though. Make sure you pay a lot of attention to the counselling and do your weekly work at home too. That's what makes the difference - how much attention you pay to the bit which is about changing your relationship with food. You could also look at buying a TA or CBT book to do with weight loss and use that to help yourself. I've just started a TA one - don't know how good it is yet!

Thanks.

I lost 5stone over about 9 months, lapsed a few times as found it quite hard to stick to although when I did, the weight just fell off. I gave up before I got to my goal weight so never did management :( I have tried a couple of times to go back over the past couple of years but my heads never really been in it 100%. I've gained about 4st back but after having seen recent pictures of myself I really am desperate this time to get it off & keep it off. Good luck in whatever you decide xx

I think that starting off this journey with the attitude that it will fail is the wrong way to look at it. it will mean that you may not take any positive steps at all. Doing the ten weeks has to be an improvement on doing nothing at all and I would never suggest that you just ignore the problem you have.

But you need to be proactive about what will happen after that ten weeks is up. Remember that once the plan is over you will need to buy conventional food which might cost around £30-£40 for you. For that you could still be going to maintainence but not getting as many packs.

I would be upfront with your counsellor from the start and ask what your options are and what you will be able to afford. Remember that maintenance is a sliding scale of cost. After a couple of weeks it will be costing you less than normal. and within a month or so you could be paying half what you started out paying.Your counsellor may also allow you to continue attending the classes at a reduced cost.

Maybe you could set aside £10 a week now to help you to get a few more weeks out of the program.

it is all a question of what is going to be your priority. I know money can be a huge issue (it is for us!) but where there is a will there is a way. You could even sell off all those clothes which will become too big for you!

You have ten weeks to explore all your options. it is worth the extra effort, isn't it?

Back