Need some help.

Iwillbeslimmer

I have been taking orlistat for about 6 weeks now and I have only managed to lose 8lbs which my doctor is not impressed by and said if no mprovement of weight loss by next prescription then I will not be allowed them any more. :(

i am following slimming world whilst taking the tablets as I am totally useless and don't know how to follow any other diet. I keep away from fatty foods and have only really had a few bad days on the toilet. (I'm sure u know what I mean)

my typical diet is

2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast or porridge made with water and sweetner
large fruit salad that I pick at until lunch

lunch is then usually some ham and salad
savory rice or pasta, or omelette

tea is then a cooked slimming world meal like mushy pea curry, diet coke chicken, roast dinner type meal.

i don't drink a lot of tap water but do drink coffee, tea and sparkling waters , fizzy diet pops. I don't have sugar in my hot drinks and use semi skimmed... Don't like skimmed.

Any advice would be great.

Mmmmm well it all looks ok to me but one question would be had you lost weight before the GP prescribed xen? I wonder if your body was already slowing down in your losses. May be worth getting the myfitnesspal app & seeing how it works out cal wise, its really simple to use. We have a fair few members of the forum who sw & xen who may be able to help x

Not really doing anything diet wise before so not sure... Spoke to a friend who has been doing weight watchers whilst taking xen and has gained 9lbs in one week.

I have just started taking xenical but my dietitian warned that we would put on weight if we didn't watch portion control of carbs cos xenical would have no effect over carbs in the diet. Could that be why there was a weight gain? Although 9lbs seems a lot on one week!

Missclarabo said:
I have just started taking xenical but my dietitian warned that we would put on weight if we didn't watch portion control of carbs cos xenical would have no effect over carbs in the diet. Could that be why there was a weight gain? Although 9lbs seems a lot on one week!

It would certainly have to be one hell of a carbfest, lol. :) The main thing is to strictly count your calories/points/syns etc. in conjunction with eating low fat, same as on any weight loss plan - the drug doesn't do the work for you, just helps you stay on the straight and narrow. :) xx

I found that if I ate the low fat, high sugar carb based snacks - my weight loss stalled or went up!

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Not really doing anything diet wise before so not sure... Spoke to a friend who has been doing weight watchers whilst taking xen and has gained 9lbs in one week.

In 2011 the doctor put me on xenical and refered me to weight watchers too. I must admit (this was before they apparently changed the plans this year???) that they wanted me to eat FAR more than I normally do/could manage because of the points and I almost always had double figures left over points wise every DAY, not least because I had to watch the fat content too because of the pills - the woman running the meetings wasn't very happy with me each week (!!!!) :mad:

Unfortunately I didn't find that it worked at all for me, your friend and you op with SW could be one of those people too, perhaps?

For my own personal experience, I'm on Xenical but up until recently I was going it alone. However, I've now managed to get a free 12 prescription to WW so I'm halfway through that currently and it's going really well and has speeded my losses up. I'd reccomend the new WW plan to anyone who is similar to me (likes to diet most of the week but likes to have a treat on a Saturday night) as it's very flexible due to the extra weekly points you get. I would never get on well with slimming world as I have issues with portion sizes and like someone has already said, Xenical doesn't help with stuff like Carbs. I don't think slimming world would address my mammoth portion sizes problems as much as WW is. I think 8lbs is a reasonable loss though for 6 weeks where you'd expect to get a loss of anything between 6 and 12lbs, true you haven't had that huge first week loss most people get but it's a steady, healthy loss IMO xx

Back