Need some motivational help please...

docmurphy

I have been doing sw ee since the beginning of Jan, and have now lost 20lb. However, I feel like I am maybe doing something wrong, as most people seem to lose ~2lb or more per week. I am sticking to 8-12 syns per day, any more and I gain. I am a very impatient person, and would love to shift my weight more quickly....would mixing red, green and ee days maybe help. I tend to stick to ee as I have three kids to feed and it fits in with their likes and dislikes quite well.

Any advice would be much appreciated, as I really don't want to lose heart when I am already half way to my goal...

I've just posted this on another thread where someone was disappointed with their losses:

Do you eat a third superfree with each meal?
Do you snack on superfree before free foods?
Do you weigh and measure all healthy extras including milk?
Do you have a treat/cheat night?
Do you check all syns before eating?

Not eating more than 12 syns shouldn't make you gain, if you went up to 15 syns that would be 60 extra cals a day, it's not going to make you gain.

Also, big mistake comparing yourself to "most people", we are all different and lose at different rates.

How long did it take you to put on 20lb? You probably didn't put it on in a flash so can't expect to lose it quickly either. The slower and steadier the better. 1lb a week is FAB.

Hi hun it sounds like youre doing everything right youre losing weight in a way that fits in around your life.

I think you answered your own question really, you realise you could swap plans around but have said this would make it harder to fit in around your lifestyle. Only you can decide if it is worth compromising to lose weight quicker. Personally I dont think it is. I believe its better to eat in a way you can maintain for life and ate therefore more likely to stick with it and maintain your weight loss

Yeah, I think you are doing well - you are losing about half a stone a month which is great.

We would all like to lose it overnight but unfortunatley it doesnt happen like that. It took me 43 years to get to my heaviest and 15 months on and I still have just over a stone to lose but I am healthier and happier.

Thanks for your replies.

I have just had a weekend "off-plan" to try and recharge my batteries so to speak, and I have gained nearly 2lb! It has definitely prompted me to give it another shot as I was doing ok. I am no good when allowed to choose whatever I want to eat, as most of what I like is calorie-laden!!

Jaylou - I almost always have 1/3 superfree, I do try to snack on superfree, but often end up using my syns for snacks only. I measure my hexa and hexb, although I sometimes guesstimate if I am rushed for time, so maybe an accumulation of over-estimating things like cheese and milk might be a problem.

I am hoping that starting over on my diet might give things a kick start. Oh and the size 12 top I just bought myself is certainly an incentive to keep going!!

Thanks for your replies.

I have just had a weekend "off-plan" to try and recharge my batteries so to speak, and I have gained nearly 2lb! It has definitely prompted me to give it another shot as I was doing ok. I am no good when allowed to choose whatever I want to eat, as most of what I like is calorie-laden!!

Jaylou - I almost always have 1/3 superfree, I do try to snack on superfree, but often end up using my syns for snacks only. I measure my hexa and hexb, although I sometimes guesstimate if I am rushed for time, so maybe an accumulation of over-estimating things like cheese and milk might be a problem.

I am hoping that starting over on my diet might give things a kick start. Oh and the size 12 top I just bought myself is certainly an incentive to keep going!!

I'm not even sure where to begin with this one.....

You have been lossing consistently on a healthy eating plan which fits into your lifestyle and so far are 20lbs lighter than you were at the beginning of January.

So first off, I'm not really sure why you would be disappointed with that as a loss. Its perfectly fine and over a year would equate to a 80lb loss.

Second, what made you think going off plan would kick start your weight loss? That 2lbs you gained over the weekend is water retention as result of over processed food, too much salt and probably booze as well if you are anything like me. You would need ot have eaten an EXTRA 7000 calories over the 2 days for that to be avctual weight gain, so don't worry about it. Thats before i even get to the reason why sneaking peaking before weigh in is a bad idea nad not a true reflection!!!

Its really very simple

Stick to plan. All the time. You will loose weight. You will loose weight at sensible rate which will allow you to keep it off. Stay away from your scales during the week.

Now if only I could take my advice...

Not everyone loses that much. look at my weight loss for example. 20lb is great, thats over a 1lb a week average, and you are suppose to lose 1-2lb a week average. Some people lose big, a lot don't.

That's me told ;) !

I know I sound like a whinging old bag, but i think a bit of PMT got the better of me and I started to feel a bit miserable that the weight wasn't all gone already!! I wasn't actually aiming to kick start my weight loss going off plan, I just realised after my bingy weekend that I am better off carrying on than gaining it all back! So it kick started my motivation! All that horrid junk I ate made me realise how much better I feel eating home cooked meals and not processed gloop.

I am very sorry if I sounded miserable, and I know I am not the only one losing at this rate. I am quite rightly told off, and will try not to wobble again :rolleyes:

Well done for getting back on it, you have done brilliantly! Maybe you are losing slower as you don't have all that much to lose now? Your body will slow down as you have less to lose, nothing wrong with that! I find I have a few slower weeks then a really good week. Throw in a few red days if you don't already as that has really boosted my losses!

Good luck, and you can do it! x
'

Thanks for your reply. I feel far more positive about things today, but am a little wary of Easter weekend and three kids (4 including hubby) munching their way through a dozen easter eggs right in front of me!!

Red days and green days seem to baffle me for some reason, but I thought I'd give it a go today...well, to be honest I forgot I had already had my hexb today and had another! So I tried to tailor the rest of the day into a red day. Am about to post a query about whether this fits or not as I have no clue when it comes to red and green! We'll see if this works for me too!

Back