NEED to do this

Spolly

Hiya! I'm Anna, 31 and have just horrified myself at getting on the scales and seeing a whopping 19 st 1 lb!!!

I've got 2 children, gorgeous boys aged 3 and 10 weeks. I'm currently on maternity leave and have done exactly what I swore I wouldn't do and gained 1.7 stone since having my little one.

I'm so down about my weight and I'm feeling so uncomfortable. I was this weight after having my first and lost 4 stone on the Cambridge diet. I'd gained about half back before getting pregnant, but kept saying "I'll start dieting Monday". Next thing, I'm pregnant again. I followed healthy eating plan and didn't gain much during pregnancy. I also run my own business so am very active and on the go. So I've gained the rest since having little Dexter, I've also been diagnosed with PND, which probably doesn't help with feeling so crappy. Also, as I am usually so busy, being on mat leave and watching far too much daytime telly has added to me piling on the pounds... Bloody Jezza!!!!! ;-)

Anyway, i've tried every diet possible, I really don't think I can do another food replacement diet yet until I get my head in the right place, so today I have started a low fat, low carb eating plan. I don't think I could put myself through this any more. My hubby is wonderful, but he just doesn't get why I get so upset about my weight.

Does anyone have any tips on Keeping motivated? know it sounds daft, but I really need to do something now, otherwise I'm going to end up even more down and that isn't going to be good for me or my beautiful boys!! :(
Apologies for the essay, I get a bit carried away when I write. :) xx

So today's menu-

Breakfast- apple

Snack- celery sticks

Lunch- seafood mix with green salad, wholegrain mustard and balsamic dressing

Snack - carrot

Tea- steamed chicken and veg

4 cups of tea and about 3litres water

All adds to 618 cals
39 carbs

I took the baby out for 30 min walk so burned 147 cals

So today's menu-

Breakfast- apple

Snack- celery sticks

Lunch- seafood mix with green salad, wholegrain mustard and balsamic dressing

Snack - carrot

Tea- steamed chicken and veg

4 cups of tea and about 3litres water

All adds to 618 cals
39 carbs

I took the baby out for 30 min walk so burned 147 cals

Your calories are very low, I don't think it's good to go below about 1200 a day. No expert but think it has something to do with keeping your metabolism going. Those on an Atkins style low carb would tell you to add more far and that fruit has sugars but I haven't cut out fruit and have lost a stone so far doing my version of low carb, see how you get on but if your hungry prob need to add a few more calories :)

Hiya, yeah I know it's too low.. I just wanted to give myself a couple of days being really strict as i have really struggled since having my lil one with eating the wrong foods and portion sizes. I know if I stick to this calorie intake I'm going to get very tired, and I can't afford to do that with having 2 lil ones to chase around after!! :)

Thanks so much for your advise :D xx

Why don't you have a look at the primal blue print. Google marks daily apple / is a low to mod carb plan with good fats - also works well with the 5:2 fasting diet plan - which is on 2 days of the week non consecutive keeping to 500 cals for woman.

Are you breastfeeding ?

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Thanks I will do. I've been looking at the fasting diet. Reading on here it seems to be a good option for me.
I'm not breastfeeding any more. I gave up a couple of weeks ago.

Today's menu-

Breakfast-
2 poached eggs and asparagus.

Lunch-
Tuna salad

Tea-
Chilli, ginger and garlic chicken with stirfry veg.

I've had just over 3 litres of water and 5 cups of tea.

The weekend is going to be the biggest test for me. When I'm home with hubby and boys, it'll be easy to slip into bad eating habits.. Fingers crossed I can stay strong. :) xx

Back