NEED to do this!!!

Spolly

Hey all!!

So I'm starting my Exante adventure on Tuesday. It's the second time I've done this, though the first was a pretty half hearted attempt. Though I have successfully done Cambridge before ( I say successfully, obv not as 5 years on and I'm back on the dieting train, but you know what I mean!). I feel very determined this time.
I'm a mum of three gorgeous boys (5,2 and 18 weeks) and I run my own business. I have an adorable husband that loves me and fancies the pants off me regardless of what size I am.. Basically life is wonderful!!! I've always struggled with my weight, and 10 years ago loosing weight was about wanting to feel beautiful and confident. Now however, I'm so over that and for me it's about being healthy, active and able to keep up with the demands of my busy lifestyle.
Im going to use this thread as my diary to record my feelings and experiences.. The good, the bad and the ugly. Also, it would be wonderful to get to know others going through the same experiences as myself.

One thing I do want to ask.....

Since my last attempt, there have been a lot more products introduced, rather than just shakes/soups/bars - something that appealed when deciding to give it another try. So my question is; what is yum, and what is advised to swerve? Obv it comes down to personal taste, but I just want to see what the general view is. Many thanks in advance!! Xx

So ordered a load of food off the exante website. I had already got a bunch from a friend who had some left over to see me through this week, but I figure no harm in stocking up, and the pressure of having paid out for the diet may be motivation to go on!! ? I have ordered the chocolate and the strawberry shakes and choc Orange bars as I know I like these. I've also ordered carbonara, shepherds pie, sweet and sour noodles, honeycomb shake, coconut, cheese and egg, salted caramel and gooey choc pudding.... Fingers crossed it's all nice!!! Xx

Good luck with the restart, Spolly!

i tend to like most of the stuff I've bought from Exante, with the exception of the toffee caramel shakes.

i haven't tried the puddings or pancakes, but it really like the sweet and sour noodles, and the coconut shake is magic - just like a Bounty bar :D

the honeycomb one is nice too ;)

Thank you Scanbran. I think I have some Honeycomb so I'll def give that a try.

I'm going to choose what meals I want tomorrow and PPP to waitrose for green tea, sparkling & still water so I'm all prepared.

One more question- what is the thought on sweetners? I'm a tea kind of girl (like up to 20 cups a day!!) but obv I will have to leave that as i can't drink black tea ?. I do like black coffee, but I take it with 1 sugar (I need some caffeine to make it through my busy days!!!! ?) so thought maybe sweetners would be better, but I remember something about aspartame being a Nono??? Xx

Well, there are many many negative reports online about the effect aspartame and other sweetners can have. The NHS stance is that it is safe to use/consume, so from that viewpoint, it's very much a personal choice.

I believe it can be used while on Exante, but I've never bothered - the other problem it may cause is the ongoing craving for sweetness/sugar, that diet soft drinks can perpetuate, so that's something to bear in mind.
It's present in Coke Zero, and that's an 'approved' drink on Exante, so from that I'd say use it if you have to.

I take my coffee (and tea) without sugar or sweetener, but I do use milk. I have done for the past eight weeks on Exante, and it's worked ok for me - YMMV ;)

Back