Need to increase motivation

ChrisPoole

Majorly Motivated Mofo
As my title says I am going to try something new this week to boost my motivation.

I am still doing just as much exercise as I usually would and still losing weight however I feel like I'm slowly but surely getting lazier when it comes to cooking meals etc. I've found that last week I had the same meals on most days because I was being a bit lazy and didn't feel like trying something new.

So my aim this week (starting from tonight) is to cook a different new meal that I haven't tried yet each night. I'm hoping the change in taste and feelings of accomplishment will kick start me back into a motivated mind set.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Yeah I did 2 weeks ago I got lazy and wasn't eating as much so I've added in 3 red days and now doing more as there's to many recipes I want to try that are perfect Red days.

Also I noticed I started picking at very small odd bits from my sons plate or bag of crisps only like 1 or 2 but still I've stopped that and lost 2.2lb this week and back to very motivated.

It's very easy to get into the habit of having the same meals, and especially the same HE's. I never used to do any of the recipes from the magazine,but I've done a few this past couple of months and the cowboy hotpot and creamy chicken tagliatelle have definitely been a hit. I was having a clear out yesterday and came on a stash of old magazines so I shall trawl thro them and see if there's anything different to cook.

Yeah I definitely think I should start making the most of my syns and jazzing up my meals a bit.

I know what you mean about picking at small odd bits, I seem to be doing it more and more which doesn't seem like much but they will add up eventually! I still managed to lose 4lbs but that's nothing if my eating habits don't sort themselves out because ultimately I'll start eating rubbish again.

Think it's good to change it up and have different focus. I love setting myself little challenges and getting through them.

My latest is more red days 5 a week and I've got 3months on trx at gym to get my teeth into.

I tend to stick to what I know and it definitely gets a bit boring. I often look at recipes and think 'I'd love to try that' but then I can't be bothered! You've inspired me. I am going to start actually cooking some of the recipes I drool over! :D

Back