• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Need to lose 6st

Jean88

S: 17st1lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st3lb BMI: 35.2 Loss: 1st0lb(5.86%)
So. I have been struggling with trying to lose weight ever since Christmas (well actually my whole life but let's not go there) and was thinking about starting a diary to try and keep me focused. I have 6 stone to lose. I really want to have this gone by my 30th next summer. I think it's doable if I just stick to it.

So, I've been trying to get back on to slimming world since Christmas finished but I just can't stick to the plan. I know it works but I'm just really struggling with it. So today I'm going to attempt the 5:2 diet. I've tried this diet before but never managed to last a whole fast day. :-/ But I'm hoping keeping this diary will keep me focused.

It's my sister's birthday meal tomorrow and I'm wearing a body con dress (with a brilliant pair of spanx!) So want to feel positive about myself as I have no time to pick out a new dress now!
So here goes... day 1 of Fasting. Wish me luck!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Jean88

I did it! 1st fast done. It really wasn't that bad either, I drank loads of water and green tea which helped keep the hunger pangs away and I kept myself busy. I didn't exactly eat healthy when I did eat my 500 calories, I had 2 portions of weetabix with sunflower seeds and loads of sweetener, but I am just going to concentrate on fasting and think about nutrition later.

So today I can eat normally, I've already had breakfast and I'm going for a meal later where I will pick a healthy main (but I will have to have dessert and a drink, I'm not that strong!) but that's all I'll eat today so still fewer calories than I was eating before I started. I'm going to fast again on Monday and my weigh in days are Tuesdays. Feeling optimistic for the first time in ages!

solange

Silver Member
S: 12st12lb C: 10st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23 Loss: 2st5lb(18.33%)
Hi, good luck with 5:2! I have been doing it for over a year and have managed to lose 14 lbs. I find it easier in the summer when the weather is warmer!! So good to find a fellow fast dieter.
Shall be excited to see how you get on and this has inspired me to get on with fast days again. I always did Mondays and Thursdays fasting so shall have to get back to it. If only it was a bit warmer......lol :rolleyes:

Jean88

I know what you mean. Yesterday I did plan to go out with my 2 year old mainly to take my mind off food but it was so bitterly cold I just couldn't be bothered so stayed in except for the school run. 14lb in a year is amazing! That's really given me hope that the fast diet works. I'm actually looking forward to fasting on Monday now that I know I can stick to it if I stay focused.

solange

Silver Member
Hi Jean, I will join you on Monday if you don't mind. Do you have the book? I have it and the blood sugar diet which I did for just over a week. Now that is a killer! It got rid of my Christmas/New Year gain though. So back to 5:2 it is.
Ooh lets see how we both get on. :D

Jean88

Yes definitely, we can do this! :)
I don't have any of the books, it was a spur of the moment idea on thursday night when I had just devoured a whole box of cupcakes to myself! :-/
I felt so good waking up this morning just from 1 day of Fasting and I feel I can actually enjoy my weekend now as I know Monday I will fast.
What is your weigh in day?

solange

Silver Member
Weigh in used to be Tuesday but on the Jan/Feb/March challenge I changed it to Wednesday as I seem to get a bit out of control at the weekends! So I better leave it at Wednesday......just had 2 buttered (just a smear) crumpets. Oh yum and I reckon no more than 220 cals. Sod the carbs!!! :D:D

Jean88

Lol I went way over my calories today, but had a fab day so worth it. Will stick to normal eating tomorrow and look forward to Monday!

Jean88

So here goes my 2nd day fasting. I'm feeling really positive about today and know I can fast again. I'm dreading my weigh in tomorrow though as I didn't count my calories all weekend and am worried I'll have a gain. Guess we'll soon find out.

solange

Silver Member
Right along with you. I ended up having yet more crumpets, sausage casserole, cauliflower cheese.......lol Anyway I am ready as I'll ever be today despite it being freezing and foggy. Yuk! Have a treadmill behind OH's sofa but I've got a bad left leg so can't really get in any exercise........just gonna have a second cup of coffee. Good luck!! :D

Jean88

I've just been for a walk and it is soooo cold, other than that I can't be bothered to do any exercise today (well any day lol). Good luck too, we can do this!

Jean88

I sort of messed up the fasting yesterday and ended up having 1000 calories! Never mind, I'm fasting again Friday and today am going to count calories to make sure I don't go over 2000.
I weighed in this morning and have lost 4lb which I am surprised about as I didn't think it would work, especially as I messed up yesterday.

solange

Silver Member
Well done Jean, magnificent!! I too went over cals yesterday and weigh in is tomorrow so I am gritting my teeth. Hope you are still enjoying 5:2. I t sure does work doen't it? Onwards and downwards! :D

Jean88

Day 3 of Fasting. I'm really excited about fasting today. I am full of cold so it's not going to be easy but I so need to fast today. I struggle to stick to 2000 calories on a non fast day and undo all my hard work, I'm thinking about doing slimming world on my non fast days as I know it is low calorie and I shouldn't undo all my hard work.

solange

Silver Member
Morning, Went over a bit yesterday on FD but not too bad. NFD's are not a problem strangely. I think my appetite has just shrunk so much! SW principles are good. I too mix and match. The weather is supposed to be getting warmer here so can get out a bit more walking. :D