Need To Sort Myself Out........

Dawnejoy

Gold Member
Here I go again...........

I used to have a diary on here a year ago and then my life became rather stressful and out the window went the low carbing and in came the high sugar, high fat foods I know I shouldn't eat and which don't suit me.........I don't feel good eating carbs and I know I feel soooooo much better if I eliminate them not to mention the health benefits of keeping my blood sugars under control.
I seem to be binge eating at the moment and unable to stop it........ So I thought if I came back on here, started a new diary in the hope that it will make me accountable.

Right.......day one - not weighing myself as don't want to get hung up again with the scales as I used to weigh myself many times a day and don't want to get caught up in tat again so am going to go by my clothes. This time last year I reckon I was over 2 stone lighter and all my "big" clothes had been put away and over the year they have steadily been brought out. I know what I was wearing this time last year and how good I felt, so that's where I am aiming for to start with. I reckon I need to eventually lose at least 4/5 stone.

So, porridge cooking, water drunk and I need to keep strong on my first day as there will be cakes in the kitchen at work as a colleague has a birthday. I am hoping that by writing in here it will keep me strong..............

Well so far today has gone well and I've stuck to plan.........wasn't easy as there were cakes in the kitchen, but I was able to resist. I think writing things down here is helping me coz if I cheat then I have to be honest and write it down.......if I don't then the only one I'm cheating is myself!

Had a salmon salad for lunch and not had anything for my evening meal yet as don't feel hungry........long may that continue :)

I do like THD as it really does help keep the hunger and cravings at bay, tho I'm sure other low carb diets work in the same way. I'm also not going to consider this a diet but more a new way of eating......I know I have to eat this way for ever coz if I don't then the sugar cravings take over and I binge eat.

So......on to tomorrow and day 2.

On day 4 now and so far its going well :)

Haven't had too many times of cravings or hunger so I'm pleased with that. Out for the day tomorrow and am going prepared and have made a salad to take with me.

For me the worst time is mid-morning as I have porridge for breakfast and find I get hungry mid-morning so drink water. If I could find a fat breakfast other than scrambled eggs and bacon daily I would be happier as fat keeps the hunger pangs at bay and works well for me.

Craving chocolate at the minute, but think that to do with boredom and thirst..............my body doesn't seem to know the difference between hunger and thirst sometimes I think!

Well day 5 and it started well, however I was at my sisters and had a few carbs, but I'm going to be philosophical about it and this is life, this not a diet but an eating plan to a fitter, healthier me and everyone has lapses now and again.......OK maybe not so soon on a new eating plan, but it happens. Tomorrow is a new day and I will start again. Today is just one day and even slim ppl eat more some days than others. I have given myself permission that on family days, celebration days etc I will probably have things I shouldn't, but this is to be a way of life not a diet so onwards to day 6.

Hi dawn how are you getting on?

I'm on day 8, however as was our anniversary today have had a cheat day. Feeling very sluggish and bloating, too many carbs! But looking forward to getting back on tomorrow!

Best of luck! X

Hi and thank you for saying hello :)

After my day off plan it took me until today to get back on plan again and I'm really struggling to stay focused. I feel so much better in myself for not eating sugar, not to mention the fact that I'm diabetic and shouldn't eat sugar at all........so why can't I stick to it at the moment? I'm out for lunch twice this week and got a family get together next weekend and I find eating out quite difficult.

I've been trying to get back on plan for many weeks now and I'm not doing well. I have several good days and then a week of being not very good......the sugar monster has got hold of me good and proper lol.

I always find the first 3 days the hardest- if I get through those I tend to be very settled in eating right! Don't get me wrong- I'm craving cake today but will resist! Going swimming Monday and don't want any extra weight!!

Three days down and so far my resolve is holding well tho in all this heat I have made the mistake of adding squash to my water so will have to cut that out as feeling hungry today - don't know if there is a connection but its a thought especially as THD says that sweeteners have the same effect on the body as sugar!

I do find that the longer I'm on plan then the better my resolve, just have to weather my birthday get together next and I'm not sure I will be able to hold-out .........tho suppose your birthday together with Christmas could be "allowed"..........what do you think?

I would say birthday means you are definitely allowed a day off- but go careful that it doesn't make you feel abit tender, as can happen! I'm setting myself small little targets at the moment at 7lbs each so hopefully it will keep me motivated and committed!
Trying to be abit more creative with my meals but not a big salad water so finding it difficult!

What kind of meals are you having?

Breakfast is my most difficult meal as porridge makes me feel hungry mid-morning and I get fed up of eggs and bacon very quickly so often go without breakfast other than a glass of water or a cup of fruit tea.

Lunch I try to take left overs from the night before as I can only eat so many salads. I eat mince, fried with onions and grated carrot and serve it with cabbage mashed with butter and black pepper. I make home made curry with all the different spices and add natural yoghurt to give it a creamy flavour and serve that with cauliflower rice ( not my favourite way to eat cauliflower but it makes a change) usually tho I eat curry with cabbage which probably sounds gross but if you "mash" it with butter and black pepper it's lovely. I use the hard whit cabbage, boil it, drain it well and "mash" it with a knife, basically chopping it very very small then add butter and pepper and I use this as a basis for a lot of my meals. Belly pork slow roasted is great, stuffed peppers with a bolognaise sauce, minus mushrooms of course, chicken wrapped in bacon. Any meat served with veg is great. If you boil cauliflower, drain it, pressing out as much water as you can and then mash it with butter, once on phase 2 you can add cream, which takes it all to a whole new level :)

Hope that helps - I'm not hugely adventurous and tbh cook much the same as I did as I have to feed the rest and just cut out the carbs for me.

What do you eat?

Oh dear, have had four days of being on plan only to ruin it with 2, yes 2 bars of chocolate!

I think in the back of my mind with my birthday coming up I've unconsciously thought that its not worth sticking to plan until after the weekend! I'm struggling to stick to this again. This time last year I was at least 2 stone lighter and was cross with myself that I didn't reach my goal of size 14 in time for my 50th now I'm size 18/20.

Tomorrow is another day so will aim to be on plan

This heat is really hard to stick to dieting in! All I want is an ice cream lol! Been on plan now for 16 days and have lost 14lbs. Results are starting to show, for example my "two pack" or second boobs have gone now which I'm soo happy about lol! I lost 3st last time round but due to unhappy at work I put a stone back on. I am now at my lowest harcombe weight so anything past this is a bonus!

Try to stick with it, so that when you go out for birthday you know you've earnt the night off!!

Right - I have given myself a stern talking to and am back on tract - again (yes, I know!!!!! lol)

I have until 23rd October to lose the weight I have gained back plus an extra 5kgs which is what my consultant said I had to lose before he saw me again. Trying not to look at it as pressure as I need to do this for my own health and the fact that cutting out carbs and sugar make me feel so much better with loads more energy which is a win win situation.

Trouble is for me sugar is the devil and comes calling with temptation and resistance is futile for me - most of the time. I know if I give THD a good go then staying on track becomes easier, but once I fall off getting back on is a nightmare as the sugar cravings kick in again and it takes a while to get back to basics.

Today is day one and I have ham and boiled eggs for lunch.
Will let you know what tea is - need to do some shopping and planning as like everything else planning is key :)

Had an omelette for tea with a couple of glasses of water - so far OK

Long way to go but this is not a diet but a way of life and once it becomes habit it should be downhill all the way :)

I started with good intentions today, but so much running around after everyone that before I knew it, it was 6pm and I hadn't eaten all day! Unfortunately that meant that KFC called me big time!!

Made a beef madras at some point today (god knows where I found time!!!) so will be good tomorrow 100%!!!
Kick my ass if not lol!! :)

Got all the food out ready for a big cook up!! I will not cave today! Even though the BBQ Pringles are looking at me!!

Back