Needing motivation!

cirsty89

I'm a newbie to here and was just looking at having some motivation...
Firstly i begin by saying that i need total motivation as have tried various diets started slimming world a few years ago with no success because i didnt actually stick to it!
i have all the relevant books - but am currently unemployed and dont have the money to actually go to meetings so was wondering would it be ideal for me to do SW from home?
Im 22 years old, 5"6 and a very curvacious 14 st 8lbs :wave_cry:... so some serious motivation is needed as im getting a bit under the weather about my weight! :cry:

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You.

Hi Cirsty

It's perfectly possibly to do SW from home, and if you can't afford a Group, lots of people find that Minimins is their perfect Groupless Group.
There's lots of support on here.
Find a group - maybe the "14 stones, want to get into 13 stones" group (look in the "Through the zones to your stone" area), get to know some people, and then (and this is the realy helpful bit) set up a food diary thread.
People will pop in to correct you if you're going wrong, keep you on the straight & narrow, and, as you get to know them, other people's food threads will give you some inspiring food (or non-food) ideas.

It's a great place to be, and well worth a try.

I've done ww and sw but never stick to them and I always found I started getting quite repetitive and constantly ate the same things :( calorie counting this time and I'm really not bored at all and feel like I can stick with it I jus limit myself to 1500 cals and basically eat tons of things there are millions of calorie counter apps for android or apple and even online and I'm finding this site so helpful and supportive and mostly good luck x

Hi Cirsty - I'm also unemployed, broke and doing sw from home with the help of my minimins friends! If you want to give sw another go, I would say preparation and being prepared to cook is the key hun. There are great recipes on here and a syns bit where you can shout if you need help with working out syns. Sw is perfectly doable on a shoestring budget if you shop smart. Have a look at some people's diaries and shout if you need any more help. xxx

Thanks for the support - i will hopefully be starting this on monday as this is the only time i get my money through... its just so hard doing it as i keep thinking that i dont have the motivation to carry on with it... ive been enaged to my fiancee for about 6 months and want to be a nice healthy size 10 when i get married im now size 14/16 and i keep thinking OMG look at my stomach its expanding every time i look at it, its quite depressing in all honestly...
beckyn22 could you possibly email me you seem to be the ideal person that id like to help motivate me... if its not too much trouble.
xx

I'll do my best sweetie - not sure I'm doing a great job myself at the mo with it being V.Day! I've created an email address especially for you :D [email protected]. In the meantime, keep posting sweetie as when you get to 50 posts you'll be able to do a lot more xxx

sent you an email. so do i have to actually post 50 posts or does it count when i reply to people etc? was wondering why it was so difficult to access my profile!
xx

Cirsty I too joined today :) and like you, finances dont allow for me to join a club but I am doing SW from home after digging out my books and blowing the dust off of them. I have been doing it for 3 weeks now and have lost 11 pounds in weight. I find my food bill has lowered, because of health issues I cant do much of the exercising but to make sure I wasnt tempted I threw out all that wasnt allowed or could be a temptation.This time hubby and daughter are doing it with me (daughter has just been diagnosed with PCOS) its great that I am not having to cook seperate meals :) My hubby works 12 hour shifts at awful hours and I get his pack lunch all made up, he even has a sw cake and crisps (baked) so he doesnt feel likes hes going without. Doing all the prep also mean I am more active than I was so I look upon that as a bonus. I wish you all the luck getting started and hope you can find the motivation to keep going :) I have so much more to lose (6 stone in all) but its lovely having this group as a support when you need it! Once your in the right mind set you will find it easier :)) xxx

Cirsty I too joined today :) I wasnt tempted I threw out all that wasnt allowed or could be a temptation.This time hubby and daughter are doing it with me (daughter has just been diagnosed with PCOS) its great that I am not having to cook seperate meals :)

i'm so glad you joined into my post as i have PCOS... and am currently trying to lose weight due to me feeling that i am overweight and am definately not as confident as i used to be... and me and the OH are trying to conceive too but i understand its harder for people with PCOS to conceive therefore this is another motivation i need to use to lose weight...
is there anyway you can email me seeing as you have just started SW maybe you can be my motivation too?! gosh i need all the support i can get because trust me im just not very motivated at all trying to do this on my own!! lol.
Thanks again for replying, x

Ive just added you to my contacts cirsty. We will help each other :) try to not get stressed out Look upon it as a change in lifestyle as opposed to a diet, a diet makes it sound like your going without but on SW there is no need, just changing the way we cook and what we use is a massive way to weight loss and with that comes the kick start in motivation too :)) Ive had one bad week and my self esteem and positivity flew out the window in seconds, turned out that the wii fit board wasnt level in the end and not such a massive gain as I had thought so went and bought a set of second hand scales and it was well worth it :eek:)
Feel for you on the PCOS hun but things will happen, one of my friends also suffers with it, she lost 4 stone and caught straight off (one child and another just 7 months later!) and so hoping you will do the same chin up and think positive :))) Mine have been small steps but at least they are all in the right direction :))) sending big hubs and positivity your way :) xx

Feel for you on the PCOS hun but things will happen, one of my friends also suffers with it, she lost 4 stone and caught straight off (one child and another just 7 months later!) sending big hubs and positivity your way :) xx
You have made me think about how easy it would be to conceive when i lose the weight - i have been thinking about it for a while and want to actually do something about it... im not very confident now which is desheartening to say the least i miss being how i used to be curvy but also confident in the same respect - much appreciated you adding me as a friend as i feel now between the feedback i have had i can now get motivated - not going to start until monday (which i know is near enough a whole week ago) but can't afford anything much until then just watch what i eat i suppose...
xx

I know you can do it hun! :) you have nothing to prove except to yourself, if you want it enough it will happen. Focus on a goal, they dont have to be big ones, even if your goal each week is to maintain, that way anything off is a bonus :)

Your not the only one doing because of PCOS. That is why i am doing it too :) I lost 3 stone doing slimming world on my own a year or so ago, but had to give in cos i just didn't have time to stick to it (lame excuse), but now i'm back on but signed up online now I can afford it. But yes its perfectly possible to do it yourself. I only signed up because the thought of spending £65 for nothing gives me that little bit more motivation, though nothing can give me more motivation than the thought of getting of the damn pill I have to take for the PCOS. If I can lose 3 stone on my own (while being jobless) you can too :D

Thanks guys much appreciated - i needed some positivity and true stories to motivate me! i can do it... & will do it!! Monday onwards i'm going to stock up on FREE foods and plan my meals ahead =) this week will be watching what i eat :)
Thanks guys.
xx

Thanks guys much appreciated - i needed some positivity and true stories to motivate me! i can do it... & will do it!! Monday onwards i'm going to stock up on FREE foods and plan my meals ahead =) this week will be watching what i eat :)
Thanks guys.
xx

Just a few thoughts Cirsty to help you plan whilst on a low income. I'm vegetarian, so do green days which most people say are cheaper. My partner eats meat and we get his meat from our local market - they have a meat for the week deal for £10. We also get fruit and veg. there (although you have to get there early if you want to get the best quality fruit and veg). We shop at Tesco and get pretty much everything from their budget range (Tesco's Own/Market Value) but other supermarkets will have their own range stuff too. We got a massive bag of potatoes for £5 from a wholesalers we recently discovered - much cheaper than Tesco's or the market. SW can be done on a tight budget - so don't be put off. I've read the odd post on minimins from people saying they can't afford to do sw - but if we can anyone can!! All the best for Monday xxx

unfortunatley my local fruit&veg stall has closed down so thats not good... and im quite fussy too dont like many veg lol.. but im going to try and introduce some to my meals hidden in cottage pies etc!! lol. definately going to look at the value ranges - im quite a food snob but my friends told me that they are quite tasty so shall give it a go! Thanks guys for the support its much needed! i shall be doing online diaries etc and hopefully will be on the right road to a slimmer me & i may be inclined to add before&after photos if all goes well!! :) xx

Ooh yes - piccies would be great xxx

we shall c how confident i am :)

Just to let u know that if u go to your doctors and ask him to refer u to slimming world you get 12 weeks free only catch is u hav to attend one ov the nhs exercise class but its only 45 mins and its usually were the sw class is or not far ( mine in a morning is in the same place as the sw class and at night its across the road in a church hall) xxxx

Back