negative comment!

daisydoll

Gold Member
hi
i haven't told many people i'm doing LL. One girl at work knows - she's had a band fitted and is a great support.

a couple of weeks ago i decided to tell another work mate, who i knew would be the opposite (- this was a deliberate move as i want to experience the 'negative' comments!)

anyway, true to form, today she said 'oh i heard you didn't lose anything last week - what a shame all that hard work for nothing!' (said in a sickly sweet way)

i just smiled and agreed and said 'i know, what a shame'

she walked off smirking

i walked off smirking too - just waiting now for the 'oh you are looking ill/ don't you think you've gone far enough' etc comments to start so i can tick them off on my 'list of *****y comments!'
think they will start when i get smaller than her, which won't be too long!

tee hee - well, keeps me amused anyway!

daisy x

ooo - they have **** out my use of the word b***hy in my post above!

That lady needs a bloody slap. What the hell? She obviously has issues.
Good on you for not taking them to heart, you are obviously a far stronger person emotionally than she is.

LOL Daisy!!! I thought that said something to do with the stuff that comes from your 'blocked pipes', if you know what I mean!! Ha ha!! It would have been better to leave your word in properly instead!

As for the comments, you did great to just let them roll off you! I'm much better at that and actually enjoy the negative comments now! Oh, and I'm also much better at handling compliments, something that I've NEVER been able to do. Now when someone says I look good, or I've lost loads I just reply "thanks, I've worked really hard so I deserve to!" I still am shocked at the fact that those words come out of my mouth!!

:D Daisy that did make me giggle. I know the sort. I would love to be a fly on the wall the day she realises you are alot slimmer than her. Go for it, the negative comments always spurred me on.

so you're playing boardroom bingo with her-brilliant. i do with my mum, she is the most negative person i know. since i've stopped going to ww and gone it alone she keeps asking me how my weight is going and is opennly disappointed when i say ok. think she was confident i would pile it back on, of course then she could have a go about that!!

B*tches work everywhere....I have not been able to tell my work mates because to having had a bypass because I know there reaction. I worry it will come out one day and they call me a liar for the time leading up to them finding out but I will be read with a remark to them about how so not understanding they are....you will have the last laugh...xx

Thats the perfect way to treat comments such as these, its simply people that secretly have a grudging admiration for what you're doing while knowing deep down that they could never have the dedication to do it themselves.

What a superb way of dealing with that type of person, because we all know that secretly these negative people are normally jealous of the fact you are doing something to make a change for the better, whereas their lives will probably never change too much.

I work with a woman who had lost weight before christmas by restricting what she ate and a few people thought she had gone too far...she was under 10 stone but when I lost two stone from 17 stone she told me not to loose too much I was ok as I was! It just goes to show they dont like anyone to do what they do and now despite losing three and a half stone they dont pass any comments....these people feel intimidated by us...xx

hi
i haven't told many people i'm doing LL. One girl at work knows - she's had a band fitted and is a great support.

a couple of weeks ago i decided to tell another work mate, who i knew would be the opposite (- this was a deliberate move as i want to experience the 'negative' comments!)

anyway, true to form, today she said 'oh i heard you didn't lose anything last week - what a shame all that hard work for nothing!' (said in a sickly sweet way)

i just smiled and agreed and said 'i know, what a shame'

she walked off smirking

i walked off smirking too - just waiting now for the 'oh you are looking ill/ don't you think you've gone far enough' etc comments to start so i can tick them off on my 'list of *****y comments!'
think they will start when i get smaller than her, which won't be too long!

tee hee - well, keeps me amused anyway!

daisy x

Some. People. Are. Really. Sick!

Gerrowww Daisy! I'll lend you my nail file!!:cool::D

Ignore them

Your doing ace
Cheers

James

Way to go Daisy, made me smile

Yay Daisy

You can play mind games too.
You'll win. Keep the Faith.
:)

People are so funny.

I returned to where I used to work yesterday morning to say hello as I was in the area.

I could FEEL the leering eyes, scrutinising me to see if I had put the weight, or any of it back on. Particularly from one of my managers who was doing WW, off and on, while I was dissappearing on LL - I could tell she was always jealous....though she would deny it.

When she saw me, the sheer look of dissappointment that I was still slim was written all over her face,a dn I coudl tell it pained her to smile and say I looked well.

WHy do others get so jealous and hateful cause someone else succeeeds? It made me giggle inside.

While I had nothing but support from most people, you could tell there were plenty of cynics in the bunch, just HOPING to see it fail.

I got the last laugh as I strutted out in my pencil skirt and boots. :D

People are strange. Don;t try figuring them out - you never will!

xx

Why do others get so jealous and hateful cause someone else succeeeds? It made me giggle inside.

Because it's human nature. Especially if they've tried for so long to do something and someone else does it in one go... Maybe she's just worse at hiding such a feeling, but I have to admit, we all feel that sort of jealousy at one point or another in our lives. She obviously feels inadequate in herself and has taken it out on herself for so long that she takes it out on others too to displace some of the negativity she constantly berates herself with.
Don't take it to heart, the main thing for you to be is strong in these situations.. It's great that you can have a little giggle to yourself and just laugh it off.

LS - is her reasoning for it not having enough calories based on her cousin not being able to go with it? Her cousin may not have been in the right place mentally to do such a drastic diet, or it's just not the one for her. We're all different, and some people just don't get on with LL.
However, I beg to differ with her nurse expertise! It may be a very low calorie daily in-take however thousands of women are just fine doing this, losing weight and quite a fair few keeping it off. The diet (and CD before it) has been extensively researched by doctors, nutritionalists and the like to make sure that it is SAFE. The main aspect that I feel LL has that is wonderful is the counselling. It really DOES stick if you're on the diet for a long time like myself and quite a few others around on MiniMins.
I'm just happy to have something that has worked for me... I do feel as if LL has saved me from certain doom. :)

I've heard a lot of people say that people on LL put it back on - as if it's the diet's fault.

Luckily all the doctord and nurses I've spoken to have been hugely supportive.

People are generally happy when people fail. We (in general) often measure ourselves against others and where we don't measure up, we blame the other, and where they don't measure up, we blame the other. (and gloat). Especially when something goes against what we've been told is conventional wisdom.

I work for Northern Rock - and have for a couple of years put up with a lot of ignorant sneering - because the papers have fed only one side of the story and deliberately reported mistruths and misrepresentations. And it's given me a real insight into human behaviour, Other banks, and their staff had a field day with us. Sniggering, badmouthing, etc. Until it turned out that most of them were in a far worse position. I don't much go in for schadenfraude, but I certainly do think some poetic justice was handed out.

Our programme is equally misrepresented in the media.

But I always remember that human beings have huge potential for unpleasantness, and self-indulgence. Hopefully it is helping me to be a better person, because I can see how easily it is to judge people - most of those who will us to fail, are simply nice people who have forgotten to actually be nice.

Back