• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Nervous Newbie saying hello!

Hi All. I have been yo-yoing for years on SW & WW diets (all high-carb/low-fat) and have had enough. I decided I had to try something radical so bought the 'New Atkins New You' book. I've always believed Atkins to be really unhealthy but so much in the book made sense. I have also had a good read of these boards and you all seem really encouraging and knowledgable so today I am taking the plunge and giving it a go! This way of eating does go against everything I have ever believed to be the right way to lose weight so I am very nervous but I also love a challenge so am trying to ignore the voice telling me 'fat is bad!' I'm also worried about feeling poorly but I work in a college and have another week before I go back so I thought the worst might be over then (?!) Finally even joining this forum is quite a challenge for me - I feel a bit exposed but I believe it helps to be accountable so I shall check in at least once a week and let you know how I'm doing! If I do half as well as so many of you have, I shall be one very happy bunny!
Debi x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi Debi and welcome love

This way of eating does go against everything I have ever believed to be the right way to lose weight so I am very nervous but I also love a challenge so am trying to ignore the voice telling me 'fat is bad!'
Yes, that is a huge physcological step, we've all had that love. Good luck, and feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Alyssa

Welcome!

I'm new to Atkins too having followed a VLCD torture diet and then ww's for a long time.

If you stick rigidly to the rules ... it works!

xx

Bad Jar

Every ounce is bounce
Hi and welcome! Good luck with it and it'll be good to see your posts. Although once a week? This forum is fab and slightly addictive, so we might be seeing you more often than that! :D
The menu sticky is fab as is the 'what are we eating today' one if you ever need help or inspiration!

Thank you for your warm greetings! I've just really enjoyed my first Atkins breakfast - 2-egg omelette with strong cheddar, herbs, mushrooms and a little soy sauce (plus only a tiny sprinkling of guilt! :cool: It was lush and actually tasted great without bread! Sorry - I won't bore you with EVERY meal I eat but Im a bit excited about trying something new - how sad am I!

LVLLM

Gold Member
Hi Debi and welcome - its ok we bore each other with every meal we eat - its called the what are we eating today thread :D and I wouldnt say bore - more like it gives you ideas :D