Nettee's five focused weeks - to Target and beyond!

Nettee

Silver Member
A new thread for a new phase of the plan. Christmas is behind me and I am 4lb from target.

I have 4 weeks left on my count down and I am not going to pay for any more groups!

In 5 weeks time I have my last weigh in before I go on holiday and I would like to be 2lb under target by then to allow for a small gain.

so 1lb and week plus 1lb - should be very possible :)

The plan:
Stick to plan!!!!! always a tricky one but as long as I jump back on after any slip ups it will be fine.
Add 2 red days per week - I am sure this helps
Keep up my gold standard body magic - walking and toning at present
Attend group and keep posting here.
Avoid routine consumption of refined carbohydrates - this is the tough one.

I am experimenting with avoiding completely (or nearly completely) couscous, white bread, white pasta, white rice, anything sweet, hifi bars, gravy, condiments etc :eek: Not like me at all but I want to see if it makes a difference to my waist measurement which is unhealthy despite my new healthy BMI. I will still have syns but will use them for nuts, cheese, chicken skin, wholemeal bread, fruit puree and possibly the odd crisp. I will also avoid aspartame so no muller lights or squash.:eek: :eek:

I will remeasure on 13th Feb when I will also be 9st 2lb and if the results are dramatic I will have a think about continuing.

I fell off pretty much at the first hurdle yesterday and had a hifi bar when i was hungry - but only one - and a slightly off plan supper. so far so good today. a fried egg just now to stave off the hunger. need to think up some good supper now - a bit late in the day.

had a good day at work - first proper day in the job :)

no exercise as yet........

red day tomorrow and monday this week. now there is a challenge for me.

:woohoo:woo hoo - stuck to slimming world and my own restrictions today. Despite temptation!

10 minutes of toning done - cardio still possibly in the pipeline

a red day today :)

lots of syns in dinner including some sugar in the red cabbage but all within the 15 so I get my honk.

I did get tired and grumpy this afternoon but not sure if that was due to lack of carbs on the red day or just my horrible school run plus horse riding.

I have done a 25 min walk today - 10 minutes yesterday in the end. Just need to do my glutes toning this evening now.

Exercise ahead of schedule for the week

Food wise the day was mainly great - then we had friends round this evening so I had a non routine dinner of naan bread and baked camenbert with cashew nuts and mango chutney. Around 28 syns in total and plenty of refined carbs. Still it was contained to that meal so not the end of the world.

Just found this! Popping in to subscribe!

Waves to Squishy :thankyou:

well i have had a bit of a dodgy day which is continuing to go down hill. out for lunch - soup and bread and butter and a few crisps. I have started on the wine this evening and had a hifi and an alpen bar. Must stop buying these things. Supper is not going to be completely on plan either although the salad and the slimming world wedges will be ok - having pork and marsala sauce. Never mind, tomorrow is another day and tomorrow will be a red day for me.

No exercise today - is that a "yet" I hear in the distant reaches of my mind?

I have had my second red day of the week and done it 100% :party0011:
syns have been spent on fruit puree, nuts and sausages so no refined carbs today :) :) although I am sure someone might come along and tell me that pureed fruit is refined fructose and sausages are full of ?? rusk ?? which is as bad.

I am at work tomorrow and really need to think about packing some lunch. I think I might do a microwave jacket potato and cheese with salad.

Have also started my exercise week with a 20 minute walk and a 10 min target toning (abs).

a 100% extra easy day :) I did spend 5 syns on most of an alpen bar left over by my daughter so not perfect on my own low sugar plan but not a disaster either. I did 25 minutes exercise in total which is good for a busy day.

I had the jacket potato and cheese for lunch with salad and snacked on some hovis nimble and cheese. A bit of a cheese theme today - wholemeal pasta carbonara for supper which was quite yummy.

weigh in day tomorrow - I am feeling quite optimistic but no idea as I haven't had any sneeky peaks this week. a five honk week with two red days though so fingers crossed for some sort of loss.

Best of luck tomorrow! Will be checking in to see your fab loss ;) Ooh I love carbonara...!

Well fancy that - 4 lb off this week :eek: :eek:

There must be something to be said for wholemeal carbohydrates after all!

So I am a target member :) :D :)

Now the real challenge begins........

I would like to lose another 2 lb by 13th February before my holiday but I have 4 weeks to do it. I think I will aim to stick to my low refined carb system for the moment and see what it does to my waist line. I expect the loss will slow down anyway as it was probably the change in diet that did it but I will up my hex bs to 2 per day (hooray!) and maybe sometimes go for some more cheese too. Having said that I would do 2 red days a week I don't think that is such a good idea for maintenence so will aim for an extra easy week and see what happens.

I will keep going to group at least until then to see how I get on but I do wonder if I might start going fortnightly to grab some more time in the week.

Fantastic loss you! Well done! Bet you're delighted. 2lb in 4 weeks will be a breeze, just keep doing what you're doing. X

Thank you Squishy, :wavey:,I am indeed delighted. I have had a lovely time announcing my achievement on face book and updating my stats and signature here. all is great. Look at all the lovely blue below. The only problem is that I now keep thinking oh well now I am at target maybe I can have a chineseat the weekend and lets get this yummy looking ready meal for tomorrow night and I know I will eat 3 cereal bars and a kit kat for my syns today.......... I think I am serious danger of a target induced melt down binge fest.

I think i might be able to remotivate by rememberingmy low refined carb waist measurement experiment. 4 weeks to go on that one and I do want to know the results.......

It is partly I think a self sabotage thing where if I gain some weight this week I will know what i have to do next week. At the moment I feel like I don't know what to do at all :confused:

It is never easy this weight loss lark

Aarrggghhh!!!! Well 4 days of madness now and I have gained 3 lb by my own scales. Any more and I will be out of range on my first week.

I need to refocus and salvage what I can from this week. Today I am going to a child's birthday party over lunch time which is a nemesis of mine. But I have been very good at such events before. Perhaps I could pack a Hex b sandwhich. And do my usual 5 syns of party bag cake after ( the children don't like it ). We are planning a roast for supper which can be done within plan.

Monday and Tuesday I should be able to go back to my waist line busting low refined carb plan.

Also planning 60 min exercise today as a bit of catchup.

Followed most of my plan for the day :)

60 minutes exercise done :checkmark:
Only 5 syns of birthday cake from the party plus my hexb sandwich:checkmark:
On plan roast for supper :checkmark:

I did have one alpen bar this afternoon and altogether I am 3.5 syns over my 15 which isn't at all bad in comparison the the last 4 days. We ran out of alpen bars yesterday and my husband got grumpy as he has them for quick breakfasts - maybe we should keep the box in his car out of my temptation's way?

So two more days till weigh in again. Planning on getting two honks - possibly a red day on Tuesday for best results - although that is a work day.......

Oh dear the best laid plans eh! lots of chocolate on Monday and Tuesday but by some miracle I stayed the same. It would almost have been better to gain so that I would have something to work for next week. The lady doing the weighing did warn me about delayed weight gain though which is probably what I most needed to hear.

waist size has gone up an inch though so I am here to refocus on my low refined carb plan.

I will not weigh myself at home this week
I will avoid sugar
I will have 2 hexbs each day
I will get going with my body magic again

Hopefully back here this evening for a honk!

didn't check in yesterday evening but did get my honk :)

Used 6 syns on a sugar laden Alpen bar but just the one this time! Perhaps I could have a 5 - 7 syn limit on sugary syns for each day instead of going for complete abstenence........

Also did some walking but need to get my toning dvd back out of retirement

a spot on day today! enjoying butter in my jacket potatoes.

5 syns exactly and 2 of each hex

I also did 40 minutes of exercise including a bit of abs toning.

I have realised that it is this week I am out for dinner the night before weigh in but feeling strangely unfazed which is good I think......

another good day :)

Back