Nettee's six week summer slim

Nettee

Silver Member
Hello - I am a recovering Slimming World member who had lost the plot a bit after reaching target. I have gained 8.5 lb since then and it is creeping on up. I have decided to post in the main section and try to move away from thinking about setting targets and what weight I think I should be and focus instead on healthy eating and exercise.

I do intend to continue to monitor my weight though and I hope it will start going down again.

So the plan for the next 6 weeks is:

• 5 x per week 30 day shred
  • No refined carbohydrates
  • Measured portions of potato, brown rice, brown bread and wholemeal cereal at meal times and one snack (equivalent of 4 hexbs daily)
  • Measured portions of cheese (1 hexa) (see the SW in me hasn't left completely!)
  • grazing on celery and tomatoes
  • Fruit for puddings
  • Vegetarian lunches and breakfasts
  • No Aspartame
  • Alcohol only on evenings out (and not loads even then)
  • Keep posting on here with a Saturday morning weigh in

Goodness that does sound harsh - on the bright side I will be eating small amounts of full fat meat, fruit, nuts with meals and I am sure I will feel better for it!

I do wonder if this is sustainable even for 6 weeks. I imagine I will not do it perfectly but the thing is to get back onto the wagon and also not to go completely crazy on 6th July when my 6 week push is over.

Starting statistics: weight 9st 13.5lb
waist circumference: 36"

day one level one of the 30 day shred done! Also have put on some new potatoes for lunch - think I will go for an omelette :)

A pretty good start - enjoyed my lunch time omelette and then I had blueberries and cream for pudding.

thai green curry for supper with brown rice and no naan bread or mango chutney.

I had crisps for my afternoon snack - not sure if that is ok on my plan or not but resisted the ice cream that was also on offer.

no wine tonight - that was becoming a bit of a habit so it is a good one to break.

Still going strong here and have seen the scales go down a little as well :D

Probably should not be have had gravy with my roast last night but I did. I have discovered wholemeal bagels which are a bit too big but very nice - I tend to have smaller portions of potatoes and am trying not be be too rigid. I am struggling to keep the apples that I bought to puddings only - probably will have to stop buying them again. berries don't seem to be the same problem.

Another thing is the crisps issue - probably better than cake and biscuits but obviously not brilliant. I seem to have eaten a fair number so far so will have to watch that.

Biggest struggle is the motivation to do my DVD - what with one thing and another over the bank holiday weekend I have still only done it once. Work to day which doesn't help. I need to get back into it.

Hoping for a half decent loss for Saturday.....

Seems like you're pretty motivated so far - good luck with this! :)

Thank you scan bran. Got my 30 day shred done today and I have stuck to the eating plan - all on a working day too :)

Jacket potato, salad and left over roast chicken for supper tonight.

Another good food day on the whole (except for my afternoon snack of crisps but then I did resist ice cream). I had carbonara for lunch with wholemeal pasta and a chicken stew with potatoes for supper. All very tasty. No 30ds today although I did walk quite a long way.

Last night I was peer pressured into two glasses of wine by my husband which I was bit annoyed about. I should have just said no. Never mind - the scales were looking good this morning.

A reasonable day today. I have done my 3rd 30ds and feeling good on it. Lunch wasn't vegetarian but it was fish pie so not way off plan. Supper is going to be chilli and I am having kidney beans as my carbs. I was a bit grazy this afternoon and ate a few too many cashew nuts i think but haven't yielded to white flour or sugar yet.

I have been reading about the sugar busters diet which is quite similar to what i am doing. Main differences i have spotted so far are that Red wine is allowed :party0036:and Potatoes and crisps are banned. No surprises on the crisps front but I am surprised by the high glycemic index of potatoes.

Long day at work yesterday and I didn't eat much but had a special occasion cream cake and a white rice low cal ready meal for supper plus a few glasses of wine. Was a bit nervous about weigh in this morning but actually had a big weight drop since yesterday. The official weigh in the morning showed a 5lb loss! Can't ask for more than that :D.

Week 1: 3 x 30ds........6 days mostly on plan...........5lb off

Have been ticking along nicely - (although not doing my DVD but the plan is to do that this afternoon) - until yesterday evening when I had an Alpen bar binge (not unknown that for me) Frustrating in the extreme but I am back on it today and have got some bbq ingrediants for tonight to fit in with the plan. I think I was tired and hungry - I need to make sure I eat enough in the day time. Also probably pre menstrual which is always a tricky time both for sticking to an eating plan and for losing any weight!

another 30ds done :)

I have been reading up on carb cravings and pms and am wondering whether to change my diet for one week a month. I read somewhere (on the internet so it must be true!) that going low fat and higher carb can be a good thing to do. So I am thinking of cutting out butter, cream and fat on meat and having another 2 carb portions a day which could even be white carbs or sugar. see if that prevents the binges.

hmm well still working on getting the balance right. Any excuse and I am off! I won't tell you all I have been allowing myself over the last few days but let my official weigh in this morning speak for itself. I am not too upset but what looks like a big gain as last Saturday's weight was a freak low result after a day of not eating that much and today's weight is really only 1 pound over what it has been and it is the totm after all. Will have to reign in my carb consumption somehow though!

Only 2 shreds this week which is a bit few to say the least. Another one due this morning.

Heya Nettee, sounds like you're really in the right frame of mind to do this! Keep it up and you're gonna see great results.

Also, I feel your pain with carbs! I am a massive carb fan so I find it difficult to reduce them. I usually allow myself one portion of carbs per day, whether that pasta, rice potatoes ect, so not going overboard and I don't seem to have too many cravings. x

Thanks tweeked girl - it is so hard when I let myself off just a little not to go overboard.

Shred 6 done this morning so that is good.

still shredding at least. Need to do something about the eating plan!

Back on the wagon of no sugar and no refined carbs with limited whole wheat, brown rice and potatoes. Just had a nice toast and banana tea time snack. Need to think about supper..... ? chilli

another shred done today too so only 2 more left on level 1. It is getting easier. I think I have settled down to 3 a week which is fine.

two good days in a row - another long day at work combined with some good willpower yesterday and I am 2.5lb down on last week! This could be another freak low result like two weeks ago but even so it is good to see.

week 3 - 2 days on plan, 3 thirty day shreds, 2.5 lb lost

30ds level 1 day 9 done! definately getting easier. one more to go before the dreaded level 2!

Back