Nettie's summer musings

Nettee

Silver Member
Now the children are on summer holidays I can't stay to group until at least 5th September. I thought I would try a minimins diary to stay motivated.

I have been on the plan for 11 weeks now and have lost a stone and 1/2 lb after having my third baby in March. 1 stone 9.5 lb to go.

Lots of day trips and visits away over the holidays so I have set myself a modest goal of 2.5 lb in 8 weeks to get my club 10. Stone and a half award would be fantastic but my losses have been a bit slow at the best of times not going to set myself up for disappointment.

Bit disappointed today to have only lost 1/2 lb having had a great week (imo) but trying to think of the positives. It have been lovely to change 11 to 10 on my stats today, I did have quite a big breakfast and didn't feed the baby just before weigh in as I usually do. Also a loss is a loss!

Have been trying red days which are very doable with 4 extra healthy extras due to the feeding but perhaps all the extras are slowing my losses which is probably a good thing really in term of milk supplies etc. a bit of patience required......

Last edited:
Contemplating my slow losses - I know I am losing so the plan is working but would like to be going a little faster

Possible reasons:
1. Not sticking to plan 100% of the time
most obvious and likely reason although my 100% week wasn't brilliant either

2. All the extra healthy extras with breastfeeding
possible but I don't think I should change this - don't want to jeopardise my feeding - only another 2 1/2 months till they are cut back in a big way anyway

3. Breast feeding itself?
Maybe my body is trying to keep hold of energy stores and also making me hungry. Can't do much about this and also it is supposed to be using up lots of calories.

4. Grazing on fruit
this ought to be ok on the plan but I wonder if the issue is that I am doing this when I am not hungry and it doesn't make me feel full anyway. I am probably eating around 6 apples a day and I got through a big bag of grapes in about 24 hours. Better than chocolate but still around 420 cals every day. I could limit myself to 1 or 2 apples a day and not buy any more grapes (not a super speed food). Need to find a way of stopping the needless grazing urges - Paul McKenna?

5. Nibbles on the children's leftovers. As for point 1 really but as I saw written somewhere else if it is that bad why am I feeding it to the children? Cook them healthier food!

Ah well a few things to work on. Onwards and upwards......

Or maybe it is fluid retention from my body magic regime! In which case it shouldn't last.......

Last edited:
Hooray I have got my bronze body magic award!
Start on silver next week - slightly more pressure but still very manageable.

Well done you!!

Good luck with your weight loss journey, I know it's harder when you have kids xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Mummymagic.

I am off for a long weekend tomorrow (back on Tuesday) with a wedding to go to on Saturday. Will be lovely but I need a damage limitation plan so here goes:

1. 100% on plan until I leave and 100% on plan the moment I return
2. Red day today
3. I do not need cooked breakfasts for 4 days in a row - cereal or whole meal toast and fruit are fine, possibly a boiled egg - maybe one treat breakfast if they have fish.
4. Will mainly drink water and tea - will have some other drinks at the wedding
5. Meals out - will do my best to make good choices - no batter, fruit salad for pudding, resist the bread basket.
6. Keep up the body magic - swimming, dancing, beaching and possibly mountain climbing!

Target weight for Wed - keep my stone award so only 1/2 pound gain at most......:fingerscrossed:

10 pm and I have two crazy children not going to sleep. Not a bad day food wise though despite Franki and Bennie's. Tiny bit of garlic bread, mozerella starter, low calorie pasta main, no pud and water to drink. Very few other syns today - maybe 4. Did some body magic before leaving home this afternoon.

Well as expected the wedding was not on plan and I probably ate more than I really needed to but a day off really. Today hasn't been too bad but I am slipping. Fruit cake and salmon on bread at afternoon tea time as well as reasonable lunch and dinner, small chocolates and ice cream for pudding - aagghhhh. Must try harder tomorrow.

Climbed a small mountain today though and walked to the beach and back. Also a bit of dancing at the wedding so that is all good.

A better night for sleeping children!

Oh dear yesterday was even worse for food but I am home now and today will be 100% having had branflakes for breakfast at the airport. More mountain climbing yesterday also which should help a bit. Haven't weighed yet at home but I dread to think!

Thanks ShrinkingMum

well i managed to lose half a pound despite everything. I suppose I did have a three honk week and was more careful than I might have been when away but I am sure I didn't really deserve it! I think I put it down to a catch up on the week before when I was really good and only lost half a pound.

got my actual bronze body magic at class today as well. It is very shiny :)

No weigh in for a fortnight now - I am away on a self catering holiday next week so might manage to keep reasonably on plan and have the odd ice cream.

Have tweaked a red day today by having an extra easy day with red sized portions (ie 120 Kcal of white rice or couscous). So essentially it is extra easy (I am not having any extra real healthy extras) but with more limited carbs. see if I have as much success doing that as with the whole meal pasta and potatoes.

1 week into silver body magic now - Had a go with my more advanced toning dvd this evening - glutes and whole body were ok but arms was mental and my shoulders are aching now and it doesn't feel like a good sort of ache. Never mind, back to the beginners dvd for me for arms - don't think I will try advanced abs for a while either!

Have re befriended my home scales having been good and not weighing myself for a while. trying to limit myself to once a day but then I know I lose 2lb over night so quite like to get a sneak preview the night before as well. There is a good 2lb between my morning weight and official weigh in as well which makes me more comfortable about my target. 2lb below target at group will have me at 9 stone exactly at home first thing in the morning standing on one leg in my birthday suit. Don't feel I need to weigh any less than that really. Also 3lb above the official target is 9st 7lb at group and I think that is a good upper limit for me. Just have to get there now........

Thank you

Don't think I can quite honk today as I finished off my daughter's fish pie with an unmeasured amount of cheese ( counted as 1 hexa) and no superfree involved. not far off though! The rest of the day was all good.

No body magic today but a day off is allowed. Had a nice afternoon out with a friend and some sunshine.

Feeling a bit uninspired this evening.

well not a terrible day yesterday but not perfect

20 minutes walking - intended to do some toning but it didn't happen

1 1/2 syns in the morning then pizza hut <500 cal pizza for supper plus 2 mouthfuls of chocolate milkshake and 2 mouthfuls of ice cream. Lots of salad, apples and grapes for pudding, water to drink. Small glass of wine when I got home. could have been much worse - did not polish off the children's left overs!!!!!

Off to day for my self catering holiday - packing lots of sw friendly food - considering packing the scales to keep me more motivated - not sure about that.

Lots of packing and tidying to do before we go as someone is house and farm sitting for us......

Back home again today after a lovely holiday in the glorious British sunshine. Sw not at the forefront of my mind last week although the scales don't look too bad this afternoon.

Need to do two good half hour body magic sessions today and tomorrow to be on track for week two of the silver.

Also plan to order a sw friendly shop to arrive tomorrow morning.

It is so easy to lose interest in this whole thing once I am not staying to group.

I have a friend staying next week too which will be lovely but hard to keep focused.

Weekend plan - body magic Week 2 and a honk for Sunday. Fridge full of free and super free food for next week.

wow - my diary has reached p 2.

Silver body magic on track :)
good shop done :)
so far so good on my 100% day today :D

Mind you Tesco delivered 400g granary instead of hovis nimble. Was thinking of tweaking it with a syn a slice (84 cal) but counted all the syns this afternoon instead as I am aiming for my honk. It was yummy to be honest but a bit frustrating that the Tesco pickers can't substitute another HexB choice ;)

Yay - a 100 % day. And a successful weekend. :D

Becoming more motivated as I am lurking here a bit more.

So plan for the first half of next week (visiting friend):
30 min exercise tomorrow morning
On plan when eating at home
weigh in on Thursday
Back to 100% on Friday

Nettee said:
Yay - a 100 % day. And a successful weekend. :D

Becoming more motivated as I am lurking here a bit more.

So plan for the first half of next week (visiting friend):
30 min exercise tomorrow morning
On plan when eating at home
weigh in on Thursday
Back to 100% on Friday

Yay go u :)
They r realistic goals to have and be able to stick to.
All the best for WI on thurs

thanks Sunnyrae. Fed my friend on slimming world curry last night and she seemed to like it so even managed an on plan day yesterday. Think we will be out and about today so may be harder but she knows about the sw now so might encourage me to be careful.......

managed day one of the silver body magic week 3 too - so on track for that for now.

Back