Never binge again

Anna24_bel

Hello everyone,

I am 12 stone 5, having been 10 stone 10 in December- poo! so I re-started my diet on Monday (I have also re-started every Monday since March!) but I have now stuck pretty much to my diet plan for three and a half days (yay!), which is pretty good going and I've decided to record my plan and food intake each day.

I'm reading a book 'Never Binge Again', which is great and basically tells you to write a concrete meal/food plan and stick to it (you can include exceptions for occasions). If you slip up you get straight back on plan. You can change your food plan after careful consideration but only if it's a reasonable change and you have considered it when you are well-fed and in a good state of mind.

Sooo!

Today's weight: 12.5
Today's food: Breakfast: Toast with peanut butter
Lunch: Fruit salad and a jam half sandwich
Snack: cereal bar

Good luck with it Anna :) I know how hard bingeing can be, I was in a full blown binge eating disorder a few years ago, it was really scary. It took a very long time to fix and still resurfaces every now and then... the important thing to remember is it takes small steps, small changes every day/every week. There is no real miracle cure for it, it will happen every once in a while, but with some work it will happen less and less severely.

Thanks Minerva! It is really difficult to manage B.E.D isn't it? This time last year I was 10st 7 and felt I'd finally got control of my eating but lots has happened since then. I want to get a hang of it good!

How is your eating now?

It is a difficult thing to control... It can be a bit crazy. I found that dieting can actually make it worse/come out more. So while I'm on a diet again I am struggling with it more than before. Then again it does depend on how strict the diet is. Probably with something like WW or SW (which I've never tried before) it wouldn't be as bad.
If it's any comfort - any weight loss journey is a bit like a rollercoaster, it will go up and down, but in the end it will level out. The extremes will become less pronounced and you'll be able to manage them. You WILL get better, because you are trying. Even if you had a bad day, pick yourself up when you feel ready and keep trying. :)

x

Hi Littlemisspiggy and Minerva,

Are you still on this forum? I am Anna24_bel, unfortunately I have put on another two stone in the last 9 months so I am starting my diet again :( I don't know how to get control of the binge-eating, it's a really big problem!

How are you both?

Hey, I'm, still around Anna / (Bella?), try not to let the gains get to you too much. The negative spiral and guilt are usually what makes binge eating worse (at least for me), so I've had to learn how to let binge days go emotionally. I gain and lose every month, still staying within the same sort of weight bracket, it's frustrating. Can't seem to get myself together for long enough lately!
Binge eating is a response to something, a coping mechanism for a deeper issue... Is there some way you can explore what those issues are? What is triggering the episode? Because 'wanting food' isn't the reason... It's a way to disassociate from unpleasant feelings or situations. Would maybe some therapy help? I started some recently to start dealing with my own demons, but we'll see how that goes :)

Back