never weigh? or once a month'ers?

lady24

Silver Member
I just wondered if anyone doing this diet is actually not weighing themselfs and sort of just going with the flow? or possibly weighs once a month instead of weekly? If so how do you get on with doing so? ... I have been thinking of doing one of the above thats all.

I know weekly weigh ins are a really great boost for the next week etc, especially if a good loss, but I am getting to the point now where I don't look forward to being weighed and it is sort of making me feel really de motivated, hense why I am thinking of changing it.

One time that I did exante before I decided not to weigh for a few months and tbh it was a reeeeeally bad idea because I found myself cheating and thinking that as I wasn't weighing for ages I'd have plenty of time to lose the weight and cheating wouldn't matter.....but I just went off the rails!

For me a weekly weigh in is a must whether what shows on the scales is good or bad.
It keeps me on track.

I would love to have the power not to weigh for a month, I think it might make me feel good if everytime I jump on the scales to see that I had lost a stone.

Its hard to see a 2 lb loss sometimes after a week of a VLCD even though we know its going to even itself out.

I am terrible for weighing every morning!

I would love to have the power not to weigh for a month, I think it might make me feel good if everytime I jump on the scales to see that I had lost a stone.

Its hard to see a 2 lb loss sometimes after a week of a VLCD even though we know its going to even itself out.

I am terrible for weighing every morning!

I also wish I had the willpower to weigh once a month. I WI every Thursday morning and am often disappointed with 1lb, 1.5lb. I don't lose a stone a month, except the first month, so it is disheartening to get on the scales and lose very little. Maybe once a month and see a bigger loss would be better. Wish I was one of those who can lose 7lb in a week :(

I also wish I had the willpower to weigh once a month. I WI every Thursday morning and am often disappointed with 1lb, 1.5lb. I don't lose a stone a month, except the first month, so it is disheartening to get on the scales and lose very little. Maybe once a month and see a bigger loss would be better. Wish I was one of those who can lose 7lb in a week :(

I feel your pain Mia :(

I stick to TS religiously and don't lose a stone a month either.

Age, hormones, height.......who knows really :)

Still, I am losing which is the main thing. I feel in control and am strongly motivated.

Stick with it and we can do this together :D

Glad someone knows how I feel :( Most of the people on here have fab losses. People may be looking at my tracker and thinking I've only been on it for 5 weeks so how do I know? Well, this is the ????th time I've done these diets, both CD and Exatne so I do know.

I will stick to it, I can't afford not to but if I need to lose 3 stone, I have to put, say, 5 months aside to do it, not 3 like most people. P****s me off to be honest, but good luck to those who are good losers :)

Glad someone knows how I feel :( Most of the people on here have fab losses. People may be looking at my tracker and thinking I've only been on it for 5 weeks so how do I know? Well, this is the ????th time I've done these diets, both CD and Exatne so I do know.

I will stick to it, I can't afford not to but if I need to lose 3 stone, I have to put, say, 5 months aside to do it, not 3 like most people. P****s me off to be honest, but good luck to those who are good losers :)

Mia, how tall are you?

I think you might want to update your statistics - I'm pretty sure you've made a mistake there :D

Try not to compare yourself with others - not a good road to go down.

We are all unique, and therefore lose weight in a unique way.

Feel proud that you are doing something to address the problem. So what if it takes a bit longer?

Stick with it and it will work! :D

One time that I did exante before I decided not to weigh for a few months and tbh it was a reeeeeally bad idea because I found myself cheating and thinking that as I wasn't weighing for ages I'd have plenty of time to lose the weight and cheating wouldn't matter.....but I just went off the rails!

For me a weekly weigh in is a must whether what shows on the scales is good or bad.
It keeps me on track.

Thats exactly why I faffed around so much and gained so much. 'Ill just have this tonight but tomorrow back on track Ive still got X days til weigh in'

I personally need the the discipline of a weekly weigh in Id fall off the wagon with a resounding whack if I didnt. Plus my curiousity would get the better of me, I like to know how Im doing and convince myself this is worth it.

Mia, how tall are you?

I think you might want to update your statistics - I'm pretty sure you've made a mistake there :D

Errrr, what on earth do you mean? Of course I don't need to change my statistics - I REALLY am 13' 9" :D:D:D PMSL . God, what a numpty I am :wave_cry:

thankyou for the replys everyone.... think i will weigh in weekely just for the next couple of weeks and then see how I feel. :) x

Back