New and nervous-excited

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Lardass!, 13 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Lardass!

Lardass! Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hello all,

I am just about to start Cambridge diet and quite looking forward to it, I have my first info meeting on Friday.

Just wondered if anyone had any tips on what I could do in next couple of days to make it easier come Friday, should I be cutting out carbs now?

Any advice greatfully received

Thanks
    :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey ..
    Just wanted to wish you luck for your cd journey.. Its a fab diet and you see results quickly which make you feel good..

I didn't do anything before hand to prepare me but I know that alot of people do... I think if you can cut down on carbs that would be good and drink water as that really helps.. They advice to drink at least 4 pints a day I tend to have 3 to 4 litres... I guess if you start trying to do it before it will help you!

Good luck and if you have any questions just shout as there are always people around to advice esepecially alot of cdc's..

4. Enough

Enough Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    SW
    The CD website says:

Getting Ready

Use the Preparation phase to reduce food intake gradually, especially if you will be using ‘Sole Source’ or ‘Sole Source Plus’ to lose weight. Reduce the levels of carbohydrate, fats and sugar before you start.
    Begin one or two steps above your weight loss programme. For example, if Step 2 (810 kcal) were going to be used for weight loss, start on Step 4 (1200 kcal) for three days, then move down to Step 3 (1000 kcal) for four days before starting the weight loss proper.
    Gradually increase the amount of water you drink - especially important for those who have a history of constipation. This kind of structured preparation is far better that the common scenario of starting a diet at 7am on a Monday morning – after one last massive fling over the weekend! This is just about the worse thing anyone could do, because decreasing carbohydrate intake so sharply could lead to withdrawal symptoms, including headaches and can increase tiredness and hunger. It is also very unhelpful because it will load glycogen stores and delay real weight loss.

I like what 'mini' said:

5. emma237

emma237 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    309lb
    Current Weight:
    175lb
    Goal Weight:
    159lb
    Lost(%):
    134lb(43.37%)
    Hi, just wanted to say good luck for Friday and your weightloss x

6. Lardass!

Lardass! Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thank you all for your replies, I really do feel like I can do this and reading all of the posts on here make me feel I can really do it. Will let you know how I get on.
    Thanks again

7. Gracey

Gracey Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.07%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet - Sole Source
    Hey good luck with it L-A (I can't call you your profile name!) I am on day 5 and it just gets easier. I don't feel the need for food at all yet, and wasn't interested in the cakes my colleague had baked and brought into the office today. It's like being on CD, a switch is just turned off. Food isn't an option, so nothing to think about.

Hope your first day goes well!

8. Lardass!

Lardass! Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Gracey,
    Thank you for your reply, I really cant get over how supportive people on these posts are. I really want to make this work, have lost 4 stone on weight watchers but have just stopped losing and cant stick to it anymore. Think taking away my food options will help.
    Good luck with your weigh in hope it goes well!

9. alexmummy07

alexmummy07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.47%)
    Diet:
    CD/SW
    Well done for your loss on Weightwatchers so far that's great!!

I would really suggest cutting down on carbs and upping water, that's what I did when I started in January, and it really did help getting into Ketosis quicker (where you wont feel hungry and will have a burst of energy etc) I still had a couple of headaches, but the withdrawal wasn't half as bad as it could have been if I had been as high on carbs etc.

Keep posting on here hun, we're all behind you all the way.

Good Luck for Friday

Claire x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.