New ... and old

Redlady323

Hi everyone,

So I've joined this forum after a couple of years of losing weight and gaining weight (and repeat). I've read these forums for years but never posted.
First I do want to say how inspirational it is to read the stories of people's successes and tips and to see that lots of people are just like me on this long long journey to try and be the best possible version of themselves.

I'm following weight watchers pro points ( it was the program when I first joined ) for the third time. I've never reached goal weight (130 lbs , I'm 5'3) as I've always stopped where I am now (145 ish ) as everyone whose around me says I look great and I feel good enough. But that's just it, I don't want good enough anymore. I still don't feel confident putting on shorts or a bikini and I feel I'm sabotaging myself before I get there.
So any advice from people who have felt similar would be gratefully received as I feel myself letting go of the motivation.

Hi everyone,

So I've joined this forum after a couple of years of losing weight and gaining weight (and repeat). I've read these forums for years but never posted.
First I do want to say how inspirational it is to read the stories of people's successes and tips and to see that lots of people are just like me on this long long journey to try and be the best possible version of themselves.

I'm following weight watchers pro points ( it was the program when I first joined ) for the third time. I've never reached goal weight (130 lbs , I'm 5'3) as I've always stopped where I am now (145 ish ) as everyone whose around me says I look great and I feel good enough. But that's just it, I don't want good enough anymore. I still don't feel confident putting on shorts or a bikini and I feel I'm sabotaging myself before I get there.
So any advice from people who have felt similar would be gratefully received as I feel myself letting go of the motivation.

Hello you sound just like me. I am a yoyo dieter but next July going on a big family holiday and dreading it already. I would like to loss ideally about 4 stone but that sounds so big and daunting. Good luck on your journey xx

Back