New and unsure

Juro

Hi i'm not new to the forum but i've just started LCing after spending many months calorie counting and trying to do Slimming world bymyself.
The diets would have worked i think if i could actually stick to them but i felt like i was starving all the time! I was kind of avoiding low carb
because i thought it was too hard but after spending a whole month (that's a long time for me) on 1500 calories and exercising my but off
to no avail i decided to give it a go. I also have pcos and didn't think the unlimited amount of carbs you can eat on slimming world was a
good idea for me.

I'm on day three and it's going well but i'm not following any particular plan but theres so much conflicting info on the net about what is
low carb and what isn't i was wondering which of the low carb plans is easiest to follow, I'm used to eating a lot of fruit and veg. Or if
you don't follow a plan how do you know what's safe to eat?

Juro said:
Hi i'm not new to the forum but i've just started LCing after spending many months calorie counting and trying to do Slimming world bymyself.
The diets would have worked i think if i could actually stick to them but i felt like i was starving all the time! I was kind of avoiding low carb
because i thought it was too hard but after spending a whole month (that's a long time for me) on 1500 calories and exercising my but off
to no avail i decided to give it a go. I also have pcos and didn't think the unlimited amount of carbs you can eat on slimming world was a
good idea for me.

I'm on day three and it's going well but i'm not following any particular plan but theres so much conflicting info on the net about what is
low carb and what isn't i was wondering which of the low carb plans is easiest to follow, I'm used to eating a lot of fruit and veg. Or if
you don't follow a plan how do you know what's safe to eat?

Hi another style of low carb/ mod carb diet is south beach and reading one of the latest versions it's been said that it's good for POCS

I like to eat mod carbs rather than low low carb as I find it fits better with my life style. I also like bob harpers (biggest looser) new book " the skinny rules"

I like to have some food doctor porridge with seeds and nuts for breakfast with skimmed milk or an omelette with Brocoli and baked cherry tomatoes

Lunch some fruit, boiled eggs, chicken/ham some yogurt, nuts just a collection of bits

Dinner meat with veg

Snacks: nuts, low GI muesli bars like coca loco nakd bars, some dark choc with coconut,

I avoid potatoes, pasta, most bread, altho I do like the genius type of brown gluten free sliced bread. Maybe have once a week.. I also cook pancakes with wholemeal spelt flour which is low GI and my kids like it too

I also eat chickpeas, lentils and squash, sweet potatoes, coconut milk and try to cook low fat too

I think really it's about what suites your life style and family situations and your habits :)

diembroadhurst said:
I use My Fitness Pal to log my food and it gives me a carb count of the foods I am choosing. As a rule I try to keep carbs to around 30g per day - but maximum is 40g. I eat moderate protein and get most of my calories from fats (saturated and the good kinds like in good quality oils, nuts, fish, coconut and avacado)

Cereals, pulses and flours will contain the largest amounts of carbs, as do starchy veg like potatoes and sweetcorn/peas etc and high sugar fruits like apples and banana's.

I tend to get my carbs from green veg first, then coloured veg (not starchy ones) and then berries. Some nuts and dairy as well. I don't eat any low fat products - loaded with sugar in replacement of fat. When I shop for products I choose the lowest carb count product if I have a choice. I bake using coconut flour, almond flour rather than normal flour products - there are stacks of low carb blogs on the net with some great recipes.

do enjoy my low car lifestyle to give you an idea of todays menu:

B: 2 egg omlette with goats cheese and serrano ham with some kale.
S: 50g of red bell pepper with crunchy peanut butter
L: Prawn Red Thai curry with cauliflower rice
D: Cauliflower crust pizza topped with various meats and cheese, with a side of home made coleslaw

My carb count for all that is around 19g - so later this evening i'll have a treat of coconut sponge cake with jelly, strawberries and cream.

I drink lots of water, black coffee and green tea.

I love my low carb lifestyle - I love cooking low carb and I really enjoy eating in this way. I feel cleaner and more satiated from what I eat. I don't crave any of the foods I used to eat and can't see myself ever returning to eating carbs again. I eat better this way.

How much do you lose a week roughly?? I have been doing Atkins but only got to day 5 and became I'll with a virus (thought it was Atkins fku to begin with then my husband became ill toox) so think I'll up my vegetables a bit xxx

Back