new - anyone doing this with a medical problem?

FatGirlSlim81

hiya, im helen, started last week with a few stone to shift!
is anyone else doing this with a medical problem? I have whats called a prolactinoma which is a benign brain tumour and a pain in the bottom to put it politely!:mad:
it makes weight loss hard but i am dtermined.I have done slimming world on and off between wedding and pregnancys and i love it! so here we go again this time a bit heavier and with a few extra barriers!

hi Helen i dont have a medical problem but just wanted to welcome you back to slimming world, sorry to hear about your medical condition it does sound a bit like a nightmare so big hugs to you ((hugs)) im sure you will do really well on the plan and remember the slower it comes off the longer its stays off.....well thats what i keep telling myself anyway lol xx

Hi Helen :) All the best people are called Helen ;)

You certainly won't be alone in doing this with a medical problem! I have epilepsy, polycystic ovarian syndrome, fibromyalgia and a prolapsed disc in my back, so it's all fun :)

Time doesn't allow me to post here as much as I'd like to, but this is a wonderful, wonderful board with some truly fantastic people - I've yet to find a better place online for SW support.

Anyway - welcome and good luck!

Hello Helen. I also have a benign brain tumour, mine is an acoustic neuroma. I am unsure what side effects yours has, mine affects balance & hearing mostly, but causes quite a few other symptoms intermittantly. That said, I lost my target of 2 1/2 stone last year, & have maintained since then. My tumour only became apparent a couple of months after I hit target. I am due surgery before Christmas to remove the tumour. How about you? xx

I have Type 2 Diabetes and through that have lost a fair amount of sight in my left eye - my Diabetes is being treated with Metformin tabs and following SW Extra Easy plan.

i also had diabetes which was treated by metformin also pcos and high colestrol
the diabetes has gone the colestrol is well under control and dont get any probs from the pcos
so sw has worked for me :)

Hi helen, I have manic deppression (form of bipolar), PCOS, fybroids, endemetriosis, trigeminal neuralgia so no your not the only one with health issues so dont feel alone!

gl on your journey

I have severe osteoarthritis in my feet and knees and a hip impingement syndrome (thats why I put scooter in my username as I am unable to walk more than a few steps)so hope to lose weight with xenical and slimming world.

Heya Helen! I have PCOS, sciatica, and a dodgy gallbladder (I'm only in my 20s!), also my grandparents both had diabetes and I know I'm definately borderline. Health is my main reason for joining Slimming World, these are supposed to be the best years of my life and I've got ailments which should only really be affecting much older people :(

Hi Helen! :)

I don't have a medical problem either but just wanted to say I think it's great that you've joined and are trying to lose the weight! I've found the forum really supportive so far and I'm sure everyone here can give you all the advice and help you need along the way!

Good luck with your journey x

I have ME, which means I can't do much exercise (I can usually manage 5 - 10 minutes of wii fit every other day), so am hoping diet alone can do it for me this time.

I have problems stemming from having my gallbladder removed. Basically within 5 minutes of eating ANYTHING, I have the urgent need to go to the toilet (number 2).

I am currently on medication and am still finding the right dose for myself. What it means is sometimes if I am travelling with work, I won't eat all day and then stuff my face when I get home

:sigh:
Hello Helen. I also have a benign brain tumour, mine is an acoustic neuroma. I am unsure what side effects yours has, mine affects balance & hearing mostly, but causes quite a few other symptoms intermittantly. That said, I lost my target of 2 1/2 stone last year, & have maintained since then. My tumour only became apparent a couple of months after I hit target. I am due surgery before Christmas to remove the tumour. How about you? xx

hiya so mine is a prolactinoma, its just inside my pituitary and secretes the hormone prolactin this causes me to leak breast milk at any time :yuk: it has also stopped me periods and makes me whack on weight easy!! it has renderred me temporarily infertile :sigh: but im now on medication to suppress the tumour and hope to get things back to normal again :D

Hi Helen,

I have type 2 diabetes from gestational diabetes, I have a leaking kidney (complication from diabetes even though only had a few months :cry:) and gallstones (complication from pregnancy I was told??) I am being treated with metformin, a fab injection medicine called byetta and some blood pressure meds for my kidney! My gp was very depressing about the whole thing but my consultant is much more positive, so my aim is to get rid of everything or reduce as much as possible :D (unfortunately the gallstones have to be removed eek!)

Wishing you all the best with your weight loss and just want to say wow what a bunch of fab people making the choice to do something about their health :clap:

xxxx

PCOS - don't know if I still have it right now, was told it will come and go... just makes my periods really horrible and painful, plus the excess body hair... I'm in the mentality that once I get to my ideal weight, I will take a lot better care of myself and the way I look so I will keep up with my waxing! While I'm still a bit of a chunky monkey, I don't see any point in treating myself special...

Best of luck with your weight loss xxxxxxxxx

Back