New Atkins cook book a tad annoying!

Geetwo

Ok so I excitedly went down to get my new Atkins new you cookbook today that I ordered online and I have to say I am a little disappointed!

Firstly, don't get me wrong it has loads of great simple recipes for all phases but I have 2 issues with it !

1 it's SO DULL - it's like just a book, no colour no pictures and blandly written! I can't believe it their official cookbook! not like their short of cash now :) but it does contain useful info and great recipes

2. Feels like its been slapped together and surely it would of been better to have the meals in acceptable phases order! But noooo lol they are all over the place! In getting a headache skimming all over the place ha ha why! Just why!

Rant over lol ! I'd still recommend it though and I got it for only £8

Get the Kindle app (for computer, tablet or phone) and you can find loads of free low carb recipe books - although you need to be vigilant, I looked at one today which had oats as its first ingredient!

Wow it's the worst book ever lol have you seen it !? I fall asleep 5 mins in! I will do I found the Atkins site to be useful for recipes tbh and on here of course! :)

Yep I have seen it. A lot of low carb books just completely irritate me because they're written for an American market - or because they assume we don't know how to make basic brekkie stuff like bacon and eggs, or an omelette!

Have a good look through the Just Recipes sticky, there are loads of tried and tested recipes there. A good website is Linda's Low Carb Recipes -Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home and here's her induction menus - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Induction Menus

Also do a google for low carb blogs - including Low Carb Katie Lowcarb Kat1e - Home (she was on this forum for a couple of years), the Lighter Side Your Lighter Side | Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Low-Carb, Atkins, Diabetic, Ketogenic Healthy Eating (love her recipes - that's where the courgette hash browns came from).

Back