New attitude - New me

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
Well here I am again. Like many here I've been overweight for most my life, and have spent years trying (and failing) to lose the weight. I've done slimming world numerous times before, and found it good, but always fallen off the wagon for one reason or another. Then my attitude changed. I don't know what it was exactly but something just 'clicked'.

In June 2015 I joined crossfit. Now this was a very unusual thing for me. I hated exercise. It was like my archnemesis. But I realised I really did need to do something. Crossfit was something I'd been considering for a while after seeing friends rave about it on facebook, but never actually got round to doing. I was incredibly unfit and surrounded by ironman triathletes and superfit people. You might think this would be super intimidating to someone who was really overweight and unfit, but I have never been in such a supportive environment. I was encouraged and supported, having the workouts scaled or changed to suit me, and watching the other members made me want to get better and improve myself. I quickly improved but found my cardiovascular fitness was holding me back and I realised I wanted to do more.

Now as I said exercise and me were not friends. I'd been a member of numerous gyms over the years but found them boring and usually just ended up paying for a membership I'd use once in a blue moon. However, suddenly I wanted to join a gym. I wanted to improve my fitness so I could get better, and go further, at crossfit. This lead me to decide to make 2 changes in late December 2015. The first was to join the local leisure center so I could access the gym and the various classes they run. And the second was to start dieting.
The diet I first chose was a very low calorie diet. It was something I'd done before and had lost a good amount of weight on, and I'd kept it off, so I knew it would work for me. I started this on 30th Dec 2015 and continued until late Feb 2016. I lost 2st 7lb, but, for the first time I found it difficult to stick to. I was hardly having any calories so I had to be very careful how many I used up, and I was desperate I start working harder at the gym. I decided to have a week off at the start of March, when I would be visiting family, and use this time to decide whether to continue or move to SW. I chose SW.

In Jan 2016 I joined the local leisure center. After hearing a colleague talk about the body pump classes I decided to give them a go and loved it. I combined this with some short exercise in the gym but was frustrated at being able to do so little. When I came off the vlcd I started to ramp it up. I still attended crossfit and body pump classes but increased my times at the gym with regular sessions of up to 2 hours (and 1000 calories). Sometimes doing all 3 in 1 day!

During my weeks off from dieting I'd tried to count my calories, but with various events, and the knowledge that I would soon be returning to slimming world, I kept slipping up eating the junk food I knew I'd soon be unable to have.

On 16th March 2016 I returned to slimming world. I'd put half a stone back on, taking my overall loss to 2st, but I was determined to get back on track, and back to losing. I've never been one to plan my meals but on my first day I spent hours planning what I was going to eat the first week, and then ordering everything from Tesco's same day click and collect. I'm now going to be trying to avoid entering the supermarket as there's far too much temptation!

This time is going to be different from my last attempts. For once I'm being organised, I've never planned before, and this time just feels different. I have a new attitude, and I know it's time for a new me.

So to keep myself on track I'm going to try recording all my food and body magic on here.

Yesterday was my first day on plan. Food wise I had:
Breakfast-
Weetabix chocolate (HxB)
Skimmed milk (HxA)
Lunch -
200g Heinz beans and pork sausages (3.5)
Dinner -
Fruit salad (0) apples, grapes, strawberries, from age fraud
Snacks -
80g twister ice lolly (4)
16g Quavers (4.5)
Cheshire cheese (1.5)
Apples (0)
Total syns - 13.5

I'll be honest. I took a baked potato and baked beans to have for lunch which when it came to it I didn't want. Because I was at work and didn't have much available I started snacking on what I did have (apples, quavers, ice lolly). In the end I ate lunch at around 3pm. When I checked the potato at home turned out it had gone off anyway! When if comes to meal times I need to eat the meal I have rather than just start snacking as I just end up grazing on food instead of eating properly.

Body magic wise I did:
Recumbent bike: 15 mins, 130 cals, 5.19km
Treadmill: 15 mins, 167 cals, 1.48km
Balance board: 15 mins

Well done Cherry.. It's great that you've finally managed to get into the swing of things and long may it last!
The grazing problem is very often what gets in the way of my weight loss.. as you say once things go that way the appetite is affected with the result proper meals are skipped and it becomes the thin edge of the wedge to gaining the weight again.

GO YOU!

Day 2 food:
Breakfast:
Fruit salad (0) apple, grapes, strawberries, fromage frais
Lunch:
Weight watchers whole meal bread (HxB)
Flora light (2)
Cheshire cheese (4.5)
Tomato ketchup (1)
Birds eye waffle (2.5)
Dinner:
Heinz spaghetti bolognese (1.5)
Toffee muller light (0)
Snacks:
Apple (0)
Skimmed milk (HxA)

Body magic:
15 mins balance board
1 hour with personal trainer

Not finding it too bad so far. Can't make it to my normal class next week so will have to find a different one. Made a spaghetti bolognese today which went quite well considering I can't cook! It was ok but not as nice as the one I usually make. I think because I usually use dolmio sauce which probably adds a bit more flavouring etc.
My main concern so far has been how few calories I'm consuming. Day 1 I only had 909 and day 2 1,168 which isn't much.

Did my week 1 weigh in this morning, 2 days early. I've lost 8lb! Considering I've only been doing it 4 full days I'm pretty dang pleased. Staying 100% and hopefully another good loss next week.

Back