1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

New belvita breakfast biscuits

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by scraggyanna, 14 April 2010 Social URL.

1. scraggyanna

scraggyanna Full Member

Hello,

Has anyone else seen these in shops/advertised on TV? Thought they looked interesting...has anyone tried them/know what they're like nutritionally?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

I've seen something about these lately but can't for the life of me remember what it is or where I saw it! However, I saw them on sale today at my local swimming pool cafe. I was tempted to try them but then thought I'd better swat up on them first.

4. Smokes

Smokes Full Member

I had half a biscuit yesterday! A friend had them and said to try them so I did! It was nice but not sure what it was like nutritionally!

5. Minimunchkins

Just checked the Syns On-Line and the Fruit & Fibre are 2.5 syns each and the Milk & Cereal are 3 syns each.

6. Minimunchkins

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: per biscuit Amount per ServingCalories 56Calories from Fat 17% Daily Value *Total Fat 1.9g3% Saturated Fat 0g0%Sodium 0.05mg0%Total Carbohydrate 8.6g3% Dietary Fiber 0.5g2% Sugars 2.4gProtein 1.1g2%Iron21%Thiamin (B1)86%Niacin (B3)25%Folic Acid (Folate)34%Magnesium26%
    Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 30.5% Carbs 61.4% Protein 7.9%

7. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

these are on offer for a pound in asda but the shelves were bare :(

quite high in syns though as i think they come wrapped in little portions of 4 biscuits so that could be as much as 12syns!

X

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

They're quite nice :) Bit like a malted milk biscuit, but crisper.

Pretty handy I would have thought for people who are in a desperate rush for work in the mornings, yet want some brekkie.

9. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

does anyone know if they would be a HEX?

10. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

i would be surprised if they are. Going by the nutritional info above they are high in fat and low in fibre - in other words they are biscuits! To be honest I think it's just a marketing ploy by Nestle trying to brand them as a healthy breakfast option.

11. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

no they won't be a healthy extra b...

my only thought when i saw the advert was - that for breakfast!! i'd be stravin marvin!

12. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Looking at the info I think I'll stick with Weetabix and porridge or Alpen Lights if I'm in a hurry! :D

13. whoopidoo

whoopidoo Full Member

Just bought a fruity pack of these in Tescos because they were half price - was hoping they would be lower in syns. Ah well, one might be nice with a yoghurt later. Definitely not enough for a breakfast though!

14. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Biscuits are my downfall, I wouldn't be able to just eat one of these - I'd have the entire box gone with a cup of tea. Think of the people who will actually do that though, convinced it's a "healthy" breakfast.

15. whoopidoo

whoopidoo Full Member

It's definitely sold as that on the box. High in fibre and all that. Grr, glad I just paid the discounted price for them - am sure OH and the kids will scoff a fair few ;)

16. eternity

eternity Gold Member

I just saw these in Tesco, they were on offer and someone had opened a box so I had a look and they looked nice but small ( that might just be me) in little packs of 4. I looked at the nutritional info and 1 biccy was over 50 cals and so the pack of 4 would be over 200 cals and so I put them back.
    I'd rather have a fibre plus bar if I didn't have time for brekky.

17. whoopidoo

whoopidoo Full Member

I haven't been able to get hold of the Fibre Plus bars - that's what I was in Tescos looking for :p Are they with the normal cereal bars? I think our Tesco may just be rubbish!

18. jen3

jen3 Silver Member

My mate got some in Tesco the other day (the milk and cereal ones). So I had one to try. Nice, like a cross between a malted milk and a sports biscuit but I wouldnt waste syns, calories, points or whatever else your counting on one!