New but motivated!

beauty is...

Hi everyone! I've joined up to minimins after seeing links on other pages, so thought I'd try.
I am a mother of two littlies, aged 6 and 3 and am a part time night duty staff nurse. Desperate to lose xxxxx stone after piling on the pound post pregnancies! However, I'm recovering from an accident i had in October where I broke 2 bones in my leg, dislocated my knee and tore many ligaments. So exercise is out!! I'm focusing on eating well for the time being and have been following SW for the last wee while. I haven't weighed in at all yet because I know I will have piled on weight while being completely immobile! !
Any hints and tips gratefully welcomed!!

Hi and welcome! Wow, sounds like a nasty accident, hope your recovery is going well. There's lots of SW info on here under slimming clubs so I'm sure you'll find tips to keep you on track - good luck :)

Thank you! It's been a long road but can finally see the light...!
I've been trying to navigate my way round the page and stumbled upon a SW forum. Lots if useful information there!

Finally bit the bullet and weighed myself today! Not a pretty number but keen to get it shifting in the right direction!!

Hi, I'm new here too but I get the lack of exercise problem, I damaged my ankle badly in June and although I'm now discharged from physio (last month) I still have a long way to go before I am back to anything like full strength. My ankle hurts most of the time still so I am focusing on strengthening it but its so frustrating feeling stuck isn't it :) Don't worry about the number not being pretty they're going to get prettier!

Thank you! Yes, it's awful when you're feeling motivated to do something but can't act on it. The most I can manage is a ten minute slow walk. Very frustrating!!
However, I think if I reign in my eating, it's a good start! Good luck with your journey!

Thank you, and you, have you looked at Jessica smith tv on youtube? she does a few walking workouts and some seated ones, I went off searching for seated workouts and found quite a few on youtube that helped for a while :)

I haven't heard of her but will have a look. I did quite well doing callanetics a few years ago so had considered trying to apply some of the exercises, but so much of it is floor based and I'm not yet able to get down on the floor - let alone back up!!

Back