New challenge. New Start....... Burn/Earn 50,000 Calories By 31/08/13

RavenMoon

Gold Member
So after a few months of struggling and really going round and round in circles i figured it time to be honest and completly open about this so here goes.

1. I am an inspiration to others for myprevious weightloss BUT i am also human and need help and advice myself at times.
2. I need to be around people who i can relate with , and use this forum more as i used to.
3. Set better goals that keep me interested
4. I need to log things i do and really stick to them not give up.
5. I need to STOP and look at where i have been , what i have done and where i want to be.
6. Give my all and be who i am without worrying about being a figure others can look up to all the time and admit when i struggle.
7. I will never tell anyone that a desk job is easy to fit into a healthy lifestyle (it can be done but it is NOT easy)

So.... i have realised that after loosing 17 stone and setting half hearted goals and targets that its old and boring and i just havent got the willpower to keep doing this loose/gain ect, I loose and gain the same 1 stone all the time and well, i have also taken a desk job which im coming upto being at for nearly 10 months and in this time i have found my willpower the worst. Now i love my job , but i love my fitness and being who i want to be soooo its up to me to come up with a new plan/formula that will work and allow me to keep my job and also be happy with myself?.

I have also realised i am a natural born sales person by trade and by spirit, I love targets/goals and i fight hard to make sure i hit all targets given in both work and personal life, I am always hungry for sucess , So this is why i cant believe i have not thought of this before? I will base my new formula on my sales skills. I will create a new foruma that WILL not fail because for me competive targets work. This i believe is the perfect Sales person's Weightloss formula =]

I needed a goal that was do-able but also big enough of a target to actually excite enough for me to push for it so here it is...

THE FORMULA

The formula is one i made from my own sales target formula at work. I will set myself a monthly target that will be broken down into weekly ones to ensure i am on track and i will know if im low on calories one day/week then i will make it up the next week as long as the monthly target gets met. As below.

I want to loose 1 stone (3500 cals need to be burnt to loose 1lb of fat) 14lbs x3500 = 50,000 cals saved from food or burned
I will round this up to 50,000 just because im an idiot ;)
I will give myself a nine week target finishing on 31/08/13 and starting Now
I will break this overall into a weekly target of 5,556cals needing to be burned or saved from food allowance each day.
I will give myself a half way treat & a final treat (these are not decided).

I will log each day in the following format

DATE-ACTIVITY-SAVED FROM FOOD-TOTAL-LEFT TO BURN

The difference that is highlighted compared to others i have tried is this is impossible to fail at, If i stick to healthy food choices and be honest about the numbers at all times. I also will not weigh myself which is a big thing as i usually get obsessed with scales. I will purely just enjoy my formula and give it my all without the scales dictating my day as in the past.

I will be here daily and log and i look forward to this one, im so excited. sad huh?.
New starts and new goals... this one is going to work!!

Feel free to post and keep me company.

:)

Kii
xxx

30th June 2013- Burned 768 - Food allowance= -43 Total = 725 Left = 49,275 cals
30th June 2013- Burned 127 extra on bike- Total = 852 LEFT = 49,148 cals

Last edited:
Wow!
What an inspiration.
17 stone lost is incredible.
You're almost 1/3 of the weight you were.
Congratulations on your weight loss.
You seem to have worked extremely hard and you deserve it.

I like the sound of your challenge (not quite for myself - I don't think I've got the will power to burn 50,000 calories), and look forward to seeing how you get on.

Just a question - something I don't understand and hope you don't mind me asking and clarifying for me, but I don't really understand how you're working out where you've saved calories.

I understand the burning calories through exercise, simple enough, but how are you saving calories on food?!

The way I see it, is I'm saving thousands of calories each day just by choosing not to have takeaways etc.

So is there a number of calories you're aiming for (like the recommended daily allowance of 2000) and any that you don't eat from them is counted as saved?
Sorry if this post sounds dim, I'd just like to understand your technique so I can properly follow your journey =)

Good luck with your challenge.
I greatly enjoy challenges myself, I'm much more productive having something to work towards.

How are you working out how many you've burned? That might sound a bit stupid. Are you only measuring what you're burning while on an exercise bike which tracks it?

Hi , sorry first question about food ? I have a 1500 cal target and usually have a few ( around 50-100 that I don't manage to eat on some days , So I count those . If I'm not training heavy ill stick to 1200 cals which is fine for my 5ft1 height.

Second ques , I count exercise cals with my heart rate monitor , and I log everything on myfitnesspal to keep track , calculating this weeks results on Sunday and posting first weeks results then .

:) hope this makes sence . X

Hi , sorry first question about food ? I have a 1500 cal target and usually have a few ( around 50-100 that I don't manage to eat on some days , So I count those . If I'm not training heavy ill stick to 1200 cals which is fine for my 5ft1 height.

Second ques , I count exercise cals with my heart rate monitor , and I log everything on myfitnesspal to keep track , calculating this weeks results on Sunday and posting first weeks results then .

:) hope this makes sence . X

Yep, makes perfect sense.
Thanks for a answering my question

Back