New Chocolate and Porridge coming your way

slimceagirl62

Two of the favourite foodpack flavours are getting an update this summer - Chocolate and Porridge.

LighterLife are starting trials this month with several counsellors.

This is always a tricky subject as there are always people who like them just the way they are now!

By far, Chocolate and Porridge out-sell all other flavours.

What do you think? Do they need an update?

Has anyone compared LL chocolate/porridge flavours with the competition and have views on that?

A previous poster said that LL foodpacks are the same as Cambridge. This used to be true a few years back, however LL now use six different suppliers for their packs and most come from France for example.

I like the chocolate with sweeteners added
I still buy the porridge although I'm over 2 years into maintenance.
I have it most mornings with fruit and fat free yogurt.
They are my 2 favourites.
I think it's a good idea for a re-vamp now and then.

Feed-back I've had from people on LLT now is that they'd like more
sweet flavours and maybe some more spicy savoury ones like
curry or stronger Thai seasoning.

I thought a leek and potato soup flavour would be lovely over winter.

I found the porridge incredibly sweet when I first tasted it. I'm used to it now, but I'm a bit weird, in that I dont put anything in porridge when I cook it. No sugar and no salt, much to the horror of my paents lol. Just water and then milk for serving.

I like the chocolate one as it is.

Another couple of soups would be good.

The porridge pack has been a lifeline for me during Total. Kind of glad to be in RTM now, as I find that the pack 'upgrades' can sometimes go either way & I would be sad if I didn't like the new one.

e.g. even though I love both versions of the nut fudge bar, I find the older recipe to be slightly better.

I second the leek&potato idea; that would make for a great winter-y soup.

What about a mac&cheese pack? hehe wishful thinking :p

Just on the nutfudge bar sometimes I get it and it's really soft and chewy then it is alot harder and tougher to chew does any one else find this

I'm currently not overly fond of the chocolate packs, so will try the new version when it comes out. I like the porridge the way it is, but who's to say I won't still like it when it's changed... :)

I would like to add my voice to the suggestions for Leek & Potato soup and a Choc Mint bar. In terms of milkshakes, perhaps a Butterscotch flavour?

For you guys that like CHoc-Mint and Choc-orange flavours, while its not a bar - one of my favourite 'meals' is Choc-mint or Choc-orange ice cream or mousee.... just add 1 tsp Sunshine Orange flavour to a choc pack with a few sweetners; and mix with choccolate with strong peppermint tea and a few sweetners...blend with ice or make mousse. Yummmmmm! :)

I just started LLT and I really like the way the chocolate one tastes now - it's exactly like a qwix/nesquik chocolate milk shake, with the milk flavour. The porridge is fine too, though I find it has a bit of a "vegetable" flavour (unsurprisingly!) that sometimes sneaks through when you're not expecting it!

I'd like to see them working on new flavours rather than revamping old ones. Loving quite a few of the packs just now, but I can see them becoming boring as the weeks go on and would be good to have something new to eat!

I heard they've got rid of a few packs in the last year or two - why have they done that? Are they just not popular enough?

I think they just like to mix it up a bit. They got rid of Thai Chili in the last few months and it was very popular so who knows....?

Hmmm, that sounds nice. Shame it was taken away.

I think they just like to mix it up a bit. They got rid of Thai Chili in the last few months and it was very popular so who knows....?

Really? Huh, that's weird! I only started two weeks ago and they've had a new delivery of Thai Chili at my group since since I joined. I even had some for tea tonight!

Hi guys thought I would add my 2 penith worth! I was looking forward to both chocolate and porridge when I started LL, however both were extremely disappointing and therefore have neither now! I tend to stick to what I know with the packs so shakes it is all the way for me with a toffee bar thrown in for good measure! Xx

Really? Huh, that's weird! I only started two weeks ago and they've had a new delivery of Thai Chili at my group since since I joined. I even had some for tea tonight!

Yeah, it was recently cancelled, so maybe there is still be stock in your area being sent out? Dunnoi?

Awww, nooo. :( Thai chili is one of my favourite! Did they replace it with anything?

Back