new cookies & cream shake???

LaurenLouise89

hey past few times ive been for my weigh in ive seen a leaflet on my consultants desk advertising that theres a new shake flavour coming out 'cookies & cream' but all it says is coming soon, i keep forgetting to ask her if she knows anymore about it...does anyone know when it will be available?? ive just moved on to having tetras instead of having to make the shakes up myself as its easier and i think they taste nicer but id be willing to try this just as it sounds yummy :)

I want to try this one too! I ask my consultant every week ha ha! She's like, you'll be the first to know when I get it. But now I think I've built it up too much. It will probably just have a malty-milky taste.

I'm picking mine up tonight, can't weight to try it to. Will let you know what I think x

It's fab - my favourite shake so far!

ooooo lovely hopefully she will have some in when i see her tuesday then :)

I finally got to try it today! I was a bit disappointed because it tastes VERY much like the toffee & walnut shake, and the maple pecan porridge. Its like a nutty-vanilla shake. At first I thought my consultant had brought me the wrong shake (it was in a plain sample packet) and I had to double check it wasn't toffee-walnut. Its nice to try new things, and I might order a few. But nothing is beating chocolate mint for me so far!

hi,
im new here, today is my first day. I had maple porridge for breakfast, had to leave it as i gagged with every mouthful. then i had cookies and cream shake which i thought just tasted of powder and eurgh! I had to chase it with water as i couldnt stand it so much. Im so worried i wont like any of the products, fingers crossed i just happened to try the ones i dont like.
xx

Hi SkinnyBean2b! Welcome! Do you have an electric hand-blender/whisk? They really help make sure you blend all the powder properly. I made the porridge wrong at first because I just stirred it with water before putting in the microwave, and it wasn't very nice. Then I tried using the electric whisk before microwaving and it came out like proper porridge in texture, and tasted sweet instead of salty. I always use 10 fl oz water for shakes and 15 fl oz for soups, and blend them really well before drinking. I think you just have to try everything before you know which ones you like. I pretty much stick the same ones each week now. Chocolate Mint is my fave, really nice! And the ready made shakes are so nice, especially chocolate velvet (especially frozen!).

hi dollybeth, I do have one at home which im going to try out. I was using the whisk ball and cwp shaker to do my shake as im at work. I have got strawberry to eat soon, but i feel sick at the thought will definitely add more water! Im looking forward to choco velvet as it seems most peoples favourite. also being optimistic about the mushroom soup this eve. Thanks :) xx

its all personal taste i couldnt stand the soups after the first week, all the soups to start with i thought had a 'chalky' after taste but after a while you dont so much taste it anymore as you get used to it, banana in my opinion out of the packet shakes is probably the least chalky tasting and was my fave but since i tried the ready made shakes in the tetras i have been hooked...goodbye packets! i feel for you having to take them to work as i could only just stand the shakes if they were cold i used to blend them with ice cubes! same with tetras there kept in the fridge. if you can afford to go onto tetras it will make your life much easier i really like the choc ones remind me of those mars and galaxy shakes you can get! and pack it in a little lunchbox with ice packs or something...be much more easier to stomache. try it! :) its about 30p difference between packets and tetras for me so around £8.50 more a week but definatly worth it. x

LaurenLouise89 said:
its all personal taste i couldnt stand the soups after the first week, all the soups to start with i thought had a 'chalky' after taste but after a while you dont so much taste it anymore as you get used to it, banana in my opinion out of the packet shakes is probably the least chalky tasting and was my fave but since i tried the ready made shakes in the tetras i have been hooked...goodbye packets! i feel for you having to take them to work as i could only just stand the shakes if they were cold i used to blend them with ice cubes! same with tetras there kept in the fridge. if you can afford to go onto tetras it will make your life much easier i really like the choc ones remind me of those mars and galaxy shakes you can get! and pack it in a little lunchbox with ice packs or something...be much more easier to stomache. try it! :) its about 30p difference between packets and tetras for me so around £8.50 more a week but definatly worth it. x

I agree with you re soups, don't like them much. Actually neither the porridge...
I practically live on vanilla shakes, mixed with coffee and a WHOLE tray of ice cubes. I also often add up to 300 ml of water. Same with chocolate, which I also have hot, but whilst I like coffee in it cold it gets too much for me warm. Then the occasional banana, forrest fruits and strawberry shakes to mix it up, but always a whole tray of ice cubes in the blender when it's cold. And I let it stand blending for a good five minutes to get it to a frappochino type consistency...

Never tried the mousse... Did never have a sweet tooth so haven't got dessert cravings but maybe I should as it's nice to mix it up... How much mousse do you get from whatever you buy?

I'm also going to try to mix it w a no fat Greek style yoghurt to see if I can make my own frozen yoghurt - anyone done that?

How much mousse do you get from whatever you buy?

Hi ladies! How do you make the mouses? X

You need to buy a 'mix a mousse' my consultant charges 7 pound for a little tub. its a cold water gelatin, comes in a white powder form and comes with a little scoop. You add a scoop of it to whatever shake flavour you want with 150ml of water and blend, pop in fridge for 20 mins, and you have a mousse!

I have 1 mousse a day and a tub lasts me about 10 days-2 weeks.

i always have a mousse in the evenings, and i really look forward to it. nice to have a 'pudding' of an evening.

xx

Hi rach
Just wondering, my consultant charges £4.50 for mix a mousse and yours is £7!
Not sure why this is, I thought all packs were priced the same for everyone!

Back