New day, new beginnings, new s&s diet for Popcoot!

Popcoot

Well, hello all!
I am new to minimins and to s&s. My aim is to lose 3 & 1/2 stone, to be back to my wedding day weight of 10st (2yrs ago now). I also have post baby weight to shed...so hoping I can get this weight shifted before I am due back at work March 2013.

Day 1...nearly over!
Had porridge for breakfast and dissolved a sweetener tablet in hot water to make it that bit sweeter for me. Very tasty and impressed with how it kinda resembled porridge. Followed by chicken soup for lunch with added broccoli for extra crunch and texture. Dinner will be fresh salmon and veg followed by a shake early evening. So far it's all tasted great. Hardly feel I am on a diet just drinking shakes! It's amazing! I love it! :D

Happy to buddy up with anyone out there??? x

Welcome hun, the plan is ace, you will loose that weight in no time

Keep checking in and good luck Xx lots of new ladies about too :)

Day 2 complete!
Wow such a great feeling...not be long until the first week is over, but I guess the weekend will be much harder lol...too many temptations around.
How's everyone else doing? I'm really looking forward to my next weigh-in already :)

Day 3 in the popcoot house...

Breakfast...porridge and again this tasted good!
Lunch...chicken soup is good for your soul, lol. Very tasty with crunchy broccoli too.
Dinner....Cod fish covered in garlic and chilli (one of those pepper mill style grinders) and Shredded cabbage. Had dinner rather late so used one of my paks as a sauce for the fish& cabbage. Bit odd tasting as a thick sauce obviously not as thick an creamy in a restaurant but palatable.

Normally my 3rd pak would be a shake before bed and im still feeling a bit hungry???? Not sure if this right for day 3??? x

Day 4 in the big popcoot house...
manic day today...rushing around and not stopped, out at 9:30am had a shake at 9:25 just before I left the house. Like a wally forgot to take my shake and bar with me!! Doh!!! Didn't have anything else until 6pm!!! Survived on water and cups od decaf tea. At least I can try one of theses shake cakes that I've read about!!! Nom, nom, nom!
For dinner had spaghetti bol on top of large flat mushroom roasted in oven with veggies :) delicious!

Early night me i thinks, I'm drained! x

Hi Popcoot Think u r doing really well...much more imaginative than me though I did try mac cheese with broccoli with cauliflower which although it didn't look that appealing was actually very nice. Trying to drink loads..Good luck for today

Hi Popcoot Think u r doing really well...much more imaginative than me though I did try mac cheese with broccoli with cauliflower which although it didn't look that appealing was actually very nice. Trying to drink loads..Good luck for today

Hi Lillipud, thanks ever so much. It's really hard for me to do 'diet' lol so trying to make it as interesting as possible so I can stick it out longer than a week. I am yet to try the mac cheese and I'll try it too with broccoli and cauliflower. How did you find the consistency? Good luck to you too x

Day 5 in the big popcoot house....day5....I've actually made it this far. That alone is some achievement! But that's not the best bit, wait until you read this:

Breakfast = porridge lol surprise surprise
lunch = Spag Bol over a little bit of broccoli 50g
Dinner = lovely bit of fillet steak with 150g of veggies.....beautiful! But, check this out. Whilst I was eating this my hubby and parents were tucking into an Indian takeaway! Oh my and how hard was temptation! I could have burst!!!! but I did it, I am still on plan and didn't even have an alcohol whilst they were drinking beers and red wine :(

I am going to achieve my goal. I really want this. I can see my target in sight, it's just about taking baby steps on my journey.

Day 5 cont...
Oh, and it's totm for me! Started yesterday! How about that for timing :( I had a choc shake as a cake though on Day 4 at supper time and this really helped! And today I had the lemon and white yogurt bar cut up into tiny pieces. Cutting it up made it last sooooooo much longer, I could taste it a lot more rather than scoffing it down my mouth lol.

Popcoot said:
Day 5 cont...
Oh, and it's totm for me! Started yesterday! How about that for timing :( I had a choc shake as a cake though on Day 4 at supper time and this really helped! And today I had the lemon and white yogurt bar cut up into tiny pieces. Cutting it up made it last sooooooo much longer, I could taste it a lot more rather than scoffing it down my mouth lol.

Mmm cake!

You are doing really well!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Popcoot, Well done for sticking with it and resisting ALL that temptation. You are doing fantastic. When I did Lipotrim previously I was almost perverse in that I started making extra yummy cakes for the family that I couldn't eat...!! Strange:rolleyes:
I added the full amount to the mac cheese...and soaked it 5 mins in water first as per instructions. Reminded me of the plasticy sauce for cheesy chips which made me smile cos that's why I got fat in the first place.:)
Good luck with rest of the weekend. xx

Hi Popcoot, Well done for sticking with it and resisting ALL that temptation. You are doing fantastic. When I did Lipotrim previously I was almost perverse in that I started making extra yummy cakes for the family that I couldn't eat...!! Strange:rolleyes:
I added the full amount to the mac cheese...and soaked it 5 mins in water first as per instructions. Reminded me of the plasticy sauce for cheesy chips which made me smile cos that's why I got fat in the first place.:)
Good luck with rest of the weekend. xx

Thanks Lillipud, it was so hard resisting! I just keep thinking its not worth failing, just for a moments lapse.
Hmmmm, I'm looking forward to having a bash with the cheese mac, will be having that with a load of cauliflower. When do you weigh-in? I'm getting weighed mon morning and really excited about my weigh in, sad I know lol lol lol xx

I had the cheese mac with cauliflower and broccoli tonight, tasted yum but was quite runny. Certainly made my veggies exciting

Day 6 in popcoot house...
Busy day today, had my porridge for brekkie and this afternoon the in-laws were round for lunch and I had to sit and eat my soup whilst they all had their sarnies and cheese and soreen and scones and biscuits ooooh and quiche too!!! Yep, I had my lovely watery soup lol. Just think of the lbs dropping off missus! It'll be worth it in the end.
dinner was protein meal and veggies same as last night, nice bit of juicy steak seasoned with garlic salt yum yum yum. Followed by hazelnut shake cake cooked in the oven. Yuk! Not nice! Certainly not as nice as the chocolate one I did in the microwave. Day 7 to go now and then it's weigh in time and I can't wait xxx

I had the cheese mac with cauliflower and broccoli tonight, tasted yum but was quite runny. Certainly made my veggies exciting

Yeah I've found some of the packs to be runny too but like you say it makes the veggies more exciting. I'm putting garlic salt on my veggies, I hope I'm not doing more damage by using salt everyday on veg. I need to use it though to make them taste nice lol

Popcoot said:
Yeah I've found some of the packs to be runny too but like you say it makes the veggies more exciting. I'm putting garlic salt on my veggies, I hope I'm not doing more damage by using salt everyday on veg. I need to use it though to make them taste nice lol

I find if I leave the pasta packs to stand for a minute or so, they thicken up nicely :)

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Hi I am weighing in on Mondays...Hope u had a good loss x

Hi I am weighing in on Mondays...Hope u had a good loss x

How did you get on today for loss? Apologies if youve posted this elsewhere already. I went to boots and the machine was out of order! :(
unofficially, my scales at home said a 7lb loss but I would rather go by the boots machine. Either way it's a good loss so I am well chuffed xx

Well done hun Xx

Back