New (exante) and need help!

pinkponytail

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum and to dieting in general. I'm 29, 5'5 and a size 14.

I ordered an Exante gluten free diet pack (loads of lovely shake and smoothie flavours!) and received this yesterday, and have started the diet today. My 30th is coming up in November and I think this should be enough time for me to lose enough weight to not look my age on my birthday!

I'm looking for advice on how the diet works, so far I assume just a shake for breakfast, lunch, dinner? Is it okay to snack on a handful of almonds or sunflower seeds? RE exercise- is it safe to do any on a 600kcal diet?

Looking forward to your expertise!

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum and to dieting in general. I'm 29, 5'5 and a size 14.

I ordered an Exante gluten free diet pack (loads of lovely shake and smoothie flavours!) and received this yesterday, and have started the diet today. My 30th is coming up in November and I think this should be enough time for me to lose enough weight to not look my age on my birthday!

I'm looking for advice on how the diet works, so far I assume just a shake for breakfast, lunch, dinner? Is it okay to snack on a handful of almonds or sunflower seeds? RE exercise- is it safe to do any on a 600kcal diet?

Looking forward to your expertise!

Hi! I'm Also new as in I've literally only just joined a few hours ago! I could have written your post... It is all exactly the same as me! Starting Exante on Monday... I've done Cambridge before and what I can gather exante is the same, so absolutely no other foods that will bring you out of/ stop you getting to Ketosis.
Hoping this forum can help keep me motivated as I have 5 weeks til a holiday and a big birthday.... Wish me luck and good luck to you xxx

Hi! I'm Also new as in I've literally only just joined a few hours ago! I could have written your post... It is all exactly the same as me! Starting Exante on Monday... I've done Cambridge before and what I can gather exante is the same, so absolutely no other foods that will bring you out of/ stop you getting to Ketosis.
Hoping this forum can help keep me motivated as I have 5 weeks til a holiday and a big birthday.... Wish me luck and good luck to you xxx
Hiya DorsetMum!
I'm a week in and the first couple of days i snacked on a fistful of almonds. Exante confirmed that i'm not to go over the allowance provided in the three daily meal replacements until every fourth week, where I can add 200calories of "real" food- so I'm very much looking forward to when that week comes around! Cravings have subsided now and I get my daily exercise by going pokemon hunting (i know, i know!) either during my lunch break or after work, which is up to 5km of walking. Good luck on your first day and keep it up- I'm already feeling much healthier and I know you will too! xxx

Hi PinkPonyTail and DorsetMum, I hope you are settling into Exante and seeing a difference on the scales. I find it I only drink 2 litres of water a day my weight loss slows, but it increases if I drink 3-4 litres. I never go over the 4 litres as there is no benefit and can flush all the vitamins and minerals in the packs out of the body and you can feel unwell. The first week is the hardest because you will be hungry. Even when you have been doing for a few weeks you can still have days when you will feel ravenous. I really look forward to the fourth week and start planning ahead what my 200 calories each day will be. I'm dreaming of salmon and salad as a real treat! I have slip ups sometimes as I crave savoury food, but they are all weird things -horseradish sauce, pesto, etc straight from the jar, but now a lot less often than in the past.

Good luck with your weight loss.

If you are doing Total Solution this Exante's list of allowable extras.

Total Solution List
Total Solution is an abstinence based programme where you consume either 3 x 200 calorie or 4 x150 calorie Exante Diet food packs per day and no conventional food. For best results you should consume:

• 3 x 200 calorie or 4 x 150 calorie Exante Diet meal products per day.
  • 2 - 4 litres of water per day (still or sparkling)
Food packs should be prepared without the use of oil/fat (Frylight or similar is acceptable).

Drinks Maximum Amount
Coffee, no milk - freeze dried (flavoured or regular), freshly roasted, decaffeinated or regular Unlimited
Tea, no milk - tea from the leaf, root or seed (not fruit based or from the flower) Unlimited
Dr Pepper Zero or other sugar free soft drink NOT containing citric acid 330 mls per day
Exante Drinks Mix 4tsp per day
Stock powder/bullion or stock cube 2 tsp. or 1 cube per day
Beef Bovril or Marmite 1 tsp. per day
Condiments Maximum Amount
Walden Farms products (all varieties as long as calorie and carb free) 3tbsp. per day
All herbs and spices - dried, fresh or in a tube/jar Unlimited
Garlic (fresh, paste or powder) Unlimited
Frylight or other 1 kcal spray Unlimited
Tabasco Unlimited
Soya sauce, Worcestershire sauce 2 tsp per day
Fish sauce Unlimited
Tablet Sweetener Unlimited
Vinegar - malt, balsamic 1 tsp per day
Salt, pepper Unlimited

If you are doing Total Solution Plus, you can add healthy snacks and meals, but it will slow down your weight loss and you won't go into ketosis. Depending on what you want you can add up to 600 extra calories, taking you to 1200, but most people only add 200-400 calories of real food.

UPDATE: The new Coca Cola Zero contains citric acid so I have removed it from the list. Dr Pepper Zero is okay, plus some supermarket own brand diet coke but just 330ml a day. http://www.exantediet.com/blog/health-trends/coke-zero-ketosis/

Last edited:
Thanks Julie! Yes I'm also finding myself planning my 200kcal meal three weeks ahead- haha!
This list is incredibly helpful! I'm getting a little sick of three sweet shakes a day and just ordered a few VLCD meals so I can have a savoury lunch- It's great to know I can use salt, pepper & tabasco if the food tastes like cardboard!
I've just ordered boxes of 7 of the mexican rice, spag bol, mushroom soup and & sweet and sour noodles. They're on buy one get one free at the minute if you use the code "BOGOF".

Thanks Julie! Yes I'm also finding myself planning my 200kcal meal three weeks ahead- haha!
This list is incredibly helpful! I'm getting a little sick of three sweet shakes a day and just ordered a few VLCD meals so I can have a savoury lunch- It's great to know I can use salt, pepper & tabasco if the food tastes like cardboard!
I've just ordered boxes of 7 of the mexican rice, spag bol, mushroom soup and & sweet and sour noodles. They're on buy one get one free at the minute if you use the code "BOGOF".

I like the bars particularly the original two - Toffee nut and raisin or Chocolate and Orange. I nibble on half of one for lunch and if willpower allows nibble the rest a couple of hours later. That way I'm not so hungry at supper time. I usually have a soup for supper, but I make them up with loads more boiling water and a good dash of pepper sauce, or ground pepper and a few herbs. I also make up my shakes with loads of ice and more water than they specify. It's not as flavoursome but more filling.

I like the bars particularly the original two - Toffee nut and raisin or Chocolate and Orange. I nibble on half of one for lunch and if willpower allows nibble the rest a couple of hours later. That way I'm not so hungry at supper time. I usually have a soup for supper, but I make them up with loads more boiling water and a good dash of pepper sauce, or ground pepper and a few herbs. I also make up my shakes with loads of ice and more water than they specify. It's not as flavoursome but more filling.
Great tips, thanks! I've been thinking of blending my shakes with ice but was unsure how they'd end up.

Thanks for the update pinkponytail and Julie11 thank you so much for the useful info. I don't have time to trawl the forums for info So it is so handy having it there! So I only started on Tuesday and strangely I have found it ok, loads easier than Cambridge which I have done many a time in the past! Today is my hungriest day so far and it will be strange not having my Friday night treats (aka major food binge) but I weighed myself today out of curiosity and I've lost 4 pounds! My bmi is around 27 so I don't have that much to lose to fall into the 'healthy' category, but sometimes I've found it harder to lose weight when I've only got a bit to lose. Keep up the good work ladies and I look forward to hearing about week 4 when you can have some real food!!!!

Thanks for the update pinkponytail and Julie11 thank you so much for the useful info. I don't have time to trawl the forums for info So it is so handy having it there! So I only started on Tuesday and strangely I have found it ok, loads easier than Cambridge which I have done many a time in the past! Today is my hungriest day so far and it will be strange not having my Friday night treats (aka major food binge) but I weighed myself today out of curiosity and I've lost 4 pounds! My bmi is around 27 so I don't have that much to lose to fall into the 'healthy' category, but sometimes I've found it harder to lose weight when I've only got a bit to lose. Keep up the good work ladies and I look forward to hearing about week 4 when you can have some real food!!!!

Four pounds is a great loss. Well done. You'll be at your target weight before you know it if you stick to the plan. My fourth week starts on Monday. I'll be having a piece of salmon and some salad (no dressing) for supper Monday. Maybe a couple some nuts and a piece of fruit on Tuesday, but I tend to eat too many nuts so perhaps I'll have a small steak and salad instead.

Back