New girl! Food diary - RED DAYS :)

MrsBucket

Hi everyone,

Have been coming to this site on and off for years!

Am doing SW and struggling a bit on EE. A couple of years ago I lost a stone (my current goal) on SW Red days, so as of today, I'm going back to it. Biggest problem is weekends, we are always at friends for dinner (or they're here) - we have one dinner party booked for next weekend and then I've cleared the calendar for the next 8 weeks. I do need my alcohol at weekends, but at least I can count it carefully at home.

Decided to start doing a food diary on here because I really think it will help, please comment if you see me doing anything wrong!! I plan on only using 5 syns a day from Sun - Thurs then 15 on a Fri and Sat (this worked before).

So, here goes!!!!

B: banana, apple, Hifi bar (1/2 HEB)
L: magic pancakes, blueberries, raspberries, banana (HEB)
Snack: Hifi bar (1/2 HEB), packet of chicken satay from Sainsburys (2.5 syns for 12!)
D: Morrocan chicken (from this months SW mag, was awful), rhubarb, mullerlight. A tiny creme egg (2.5 syns)

Just realised I haven't had any HEA so will have a big mug of hot milk with a teaspoon of cocoa (1 syn)

Total Syns: 6

B: Banana for breakfast
L: 3 egg Omellete with Cheese (HEA) and mushrooms, small salad, Muller light and Hifi bar (1/2 HEB)
D: 2 x Saisburys BGTY Cumberland Sausages (1 syn), Carrot and Potato mash (HEB) green beans. Rhubarb and Mullerlight (am not going to syn rhubarb as tiny portion)
Snacks: HiFi bar (HEB 1/2), Apple, Chicken drumstick

Have measured out 125ml Bacardi for my Friday night tipple!! should come in at 14 syns.

If I need a snack later I still have an HEA to use so will have a slice of cheddar with pickles.

15 Syns overall.

Hi everyone,

Have been coming to this site on and off for years!

Am doing SW and struggling a bit on EE. A couple of years ago I lost a stone (my current goal) on SW Red days, so as of today, I'm going back to it. Biggest problem is weekends, we are always at friends for dinner (or they're here) - we have one dinner party booked for next weekend and then I've cleared the calendar for the next 8 weeks. I do need my alcohol at weekends, but at least I can count it carefully at home.

Decided to start doing a food diary on here because I really think it will help, please comment if you see me doing anything wrong!! I plan on only using 5 syns a day from Sun - Thurs then 15 on a Fri and Sat (this worked before).

So, here goes!!!!

B: banana, apple, Hifi bar (1/2 HEB)
L: magic pancakes, blueberries, raspberries, banana (HEB)
Snack: Hifi bar (1/2 HEB), packet of chicken satay from Sainsburys (2.5 syns for 12!)
D: Morrocan chicken (from this months SW mag, was awful), rhubarb, mullerlight. A tiny creme egg (2.5 syns)

Just realised I haven't had any HEA so will have a big mug of hot milk with a teaspoon of cocoa (1 syn)

Total Syns: 6

Glad you mentioned the Moroccan chicken, was pondering making it but won't bother!
Your red days seem to be going well so far ;)

Thank you PT! I made the chicken rogan Josh tonight and it was very nice, made it with cauliflower rice :D

So, eaten loads and loads today, thankfully all on plan:

Brunch! WM roll (HEB) bacon, eggs, flat mushroom. Shape yoghurt (crumble one, DELISH!), Apple.
Snack: made a 1/2 syn roulade, with cinnamon and apple, delicious, over today have eaten half of it!! apple, mango
Dinner: chicken rogan Josh with cauliflower rice, 2 x alpen bars (HEB) and an apple

Still haven't had an HEA today so will have 3 x mini babybel lights and some pickled onions (classy!)

Also did 50 mins of CV at gym :D

Will have a couple of drinks tonight, my syns will total 15 (I'm sure!).

Today:

B: All Bran and Milk (HEA & B), banana
L: bacon, mushroom, scrambled egg, quorn sausage (1/2 syn?). Banoffee Activia (1 syn) apple
D: roast beef, small potato portion (HEB) veg, gravy (1/2 syn) horseradish sauce (1/2 syn) large slice of 1/2 syn roulade 1 glass of wine (6 syns)

Total syns: 9

B: apple, banana, shape yoghurt (apple crumble) (1/2 syn)
L: WM roll with bacon and egg, side of mushrooms, alpen bar (HEB 1/2)
Snack: 5 mini chicken satay (1.5 syns)
D: chicken curry left over from Saturday, a banana cut layered with 1/2 small tub of philly light and a bar of alpen, microwaved 20 secs (HEB 1/2)

Total syns: 4

Havent had an HEA today so will have a small mug of sweetened milk later.

Day at the science museum yesterday, which was difficult:

B: apple, banana
Snack: WM bun with bacon and teaspoon ketchup (HEB + 1/2 syn), Alpen bar (1/2 HEB)
Lunch: grilled salmon and spinach. Restaurant food so adding 3 syns to be safe. shale yoghurt (1/2syn)
Dinner: pack od satay chicken (2.5 syns) apple and melon snack, shape yoghurt, banana, mug of mlk sprinkled with cinnamon (HEB 1/2 HEA)

Total syns: 6.5

Looks like you're doing well so far, well done! The only thing I did notice though - the HiFi bars that you're having 2 of for a B choice, are they the HiFi Lights? Just the normal HiFi's are only 1 for a B choice. Other than that it's looking great :)

Back