New guy here ...

Hello all!
Just wanted to pop in and say hello.
I'm a 27 year old lad from Glasgow, I'm a fairly modest 13st 6lbs @ 5" 9' and am aiming to finally lose the extra 2st ive been carrying around for a few years now to take me to an ideal BMI of 23 (currently 27.5)

I'm going to see a councillor on Wednesday evening and hope to start SS on Friday when my work 4 on 4 off shift starts.
I like the idea of the sole source diet as it takes the need for me to prepare meals away completely, this is where I have failed before, I don't really have the time to prepare food and work in an office with limited cooking facilities so tend to snack or get takeaway. I think if I can get down to my target with the sole source in a reasonably quick time then it will be a great incentive to rethink my whole eating/drinking from there on, plus im planning a holiday in a couple of months and it would be nice to have lost a bit for that! :D

I have been lurking around the forums now for a couple of weeks and I have to say there's some truely remarkable people on here! Some of those before and after photo's defy words.... you all look like completely different people!!

I'm sure it will be tough but there's clearly lot's of support to be had on here and i'll be utilising that as much as possible!

Cheers! :hug99:

:welcome:
You'll find loads of support and advice on here, it really is fantastic.
That 2 stone will shift in no time on ss. :D

Welcome!

You definately have the right attitude and have clearly done your research!

I agree - take some before pictures as these will really motivate you! I wish I had taken more.

Good luck let us know how it goes! x

Cheers for the replies!

That should be my ticker sorted, now to start clearing all the tempting food out of my flat..... :D

Any suggestions on where I can buy a suitable comtainer locally for the shakes? I read you get ones that have something in them to aid stirring the powder... what does everyone else use?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum - I am on day 5 now when I saw my cdc for the first time she sold my mom a shaker for £4 that you could drink from and make up packs with whilst out.

Yeah, good luck mate.

I am similar to you. 29 and from Glasgow.

Last Sunday AM I weighed in at 17st 4 (However slightly taller than you at 6'1). This morning I am down to 16st 2. No idea what my BMI is though.

I am exactly the same as you in so far as finding only having the 3 shakes a day takes away all the problems in deciding what to eat etc.

If you have any problems drop me a mail as the first few days are hard but the weight soon shifts.

Good luck!

Thanks again for the replies everyone!

Haitch, you say you are on 3 a day, at our height and being male should we not be on 4?

Thanks!

Yeah, good luck mate.

I am similar to you. 29 and from Glasgow.

Last Sunday AM I weighed in at 17st 4 (However slightly taller than you at 6'1). This morning I am down to 16st 2. No idea what my BMI is though.

I am exactly the same as you in so far as finding only having the 3 shakes a day takes away all the problems in deciding what to eat etc.

If you have any problems drop me a mail as the first few days are hard but the weight soon shifts.

Good luck!

What you put in you get out !! Will you be dropping your carbs now , or will you just go straight into CD ?
Good luck , keep us posted

I think that is a grey area to be honest. I think it gives you the option to have 4 a day if you find you are struggling on the 3 a day.

Basically, i found it hard doing three a day and I dont think one extra a day would make a jot of difference. Just drink more water when you feel hungry.

Plus, I just want to get off this diet in the quickest time possible so I am happy sticking to 3 a day. let me know what your councilor says (but bare in mind they make more money out of you having 4 a day!)

Anyone else any opinions on whether we should be on 3 or 4 a day?

Hi, welcome to Minis & good luck - that extra 2 stone you've been carrying about will very soon be a thing of the past i'm sure!

Re the shakes - i dont have a shaker cup thingy, I use a stick blender (or my supa-dupa-smoothie maker :D)

Best wishes

Oh by the way, as Summerof69 says it would be better to gradually reduce your calorie intake gradually between now and Friday before hitting SS. Dont get tempted into the massive last supper feast as it will take longer to get into ketosis.

I'll do that for sure...

I'll not be eating any crap between now and Friday. Should really thought about cutting the carbs today though, just had a big bowl of porridge.... doh!

So do you think it's important to cut the carbs for a few days before going SS or just to cut calorie intake in general?

Hi Just wishing you good luck for your start. My hubby is doing this with me and we do the 810 plan. 3 packs plus a low carb meal a day. He lost over a stone in the 1st week and I'm sure he'd lost 2 stone in less than a month. Men definitely do lose quickly so you'll be at target in plenty time for your hols. xx

Back