new here :-) at the end of my first day and feeling exhausted!!

juliekane

Hi all!

I am a little nervous posting...! I just joined the site and am on my first day on the dukan diet. Just finished dinner and feel exhausted with a head ache.

Just wondering if anybody else felt tired with headcahes? and if so.. how long did they last?

Today I ate:

B - 2 scrambled eggs with glass of water
L - muller light yogurt and chicken breast with water
Snack - chicken breast slices and oat bran and 0% fat free yog
D- grilled steak with spices

Extras: 2 cups of coffee with skimmed milk

If anyone has any advice on if I am eating too much etc... please lend me a hand :) thanks!! :)

Hi I'm new too I'm on day two! Everyone here is really friendly and helpful the food looks good except the muller yogurt I'm not sure of from what u can gather yogurts can be tricky with hidden carbs but one of the experts on here will probably know better than me! X x x

Hi and welcome. Dint be nervous we were all New once. Yogurt are the big question, stick to natural 0% if you can and add your own favoring, I've ate muller since day one but everyone different. Try ti keep away from pre packed meats to much salt good luck xxx to you both xxx

And remember if its protein fill your boots xxx

Lol its me again headaches and flu symptoms normal and will pass in a day or too. Its sugar and carb withdrawl xxx

thanks for the replies ladies :) The headache actually cleared after going for a nice walk! I bought fat free natural yogurt and am wondering is there a limit on the amount you can have?

I have about a stone to lose until my target weight.. but I have decided not to weigh myself for 2/3 weeks because i find i can get wrapped up in numbers and if i dont see what i want on the scales i can fall off the wagon and shove chocolate bars in my mouth LOL! So I am going to go for.. feeling and looking good over getting bogged down by numbers like i usually do! hopefully this new approach will work !

Fingers crossed :)

Just wanted to pop in & say: Hello & Good Luck :)

Drink more, it looked as though you only had four drinks all day, you need at least 6-8 for 1.5 - 2ltrs of fluids. Avoid the Mullers for now, yes they are ok for some people, and in the book he does say you can have two a day, but on the 0% you can have more.

Dairy has raised the question a few times, in the book it says unlimited but other people say limit to 1kg a day. I personally don't count my dairy as I found that with yogurt, cottage cheese, quark, milk I was still under the 1kg all the time, so if it does occasionally go over slightly it doesn't matter too much.

Look around for recipes on here or google, plan your weeks menu and shop in advance.

thanks for the advice! I am drinking 1.5 litres of water a day, 2 coffees and maybe 1 diet drink! im going to up it to two litres of water today! and i am going to aim at having a more protein rich day today!

Day 4 attack :
B- fat free nat yog with porridge
L- 1 steak and 1 chicken breast 2 scramled eggs
D- chicken breast marinaded in tikka spices and 2 tsps fat free yog, 1 scamled egg, 2 egg whites
S-Tuna canned in brine
D- 2 litres water, 2 coffees w skim milk and sweetner

does this menu look better?? any advice? :)

today I am full of energy!! feel really great and can see and feel a difference around my stomach area already! amazing results :) Although i was so contipated last night that i had severe cramps in my tummy so i had to take a mild laxative, but it worked and feeling great now ! sorry TMI LOL x

Last edited:
well done julie, sounds like you getting it all together.

oatbran porridge :) thank u all for the help and support :)

thank u dear :) x

Back