New & in need of some Sw knowledge

Hi everyone! I'm new on here, been on SW since 8th Aug and have lost 1 stone 1lb. It's been a steady loss of about 1-2lbs a week, until last wk when I put on 1lb. I thought I'd done really well, hadn't drunk much alcohol (that's where most of my syns go!) and didn't eat out all wk. I was really disappointed. And for the first time since starting just wanted to give up and so went down the chippy straight after weigh in. Via the newsagents for a choccie bar (for after the chips!). I've been trying to get back on the waggon since, but it's really hard! The odd packet of sweets have been finding themselves in my shopping basket (any idea how many syns those new sour fruit pastilles are?) I could really use some tips to get me back on track, feel like my hard work is going to disappear and I'll be back to 13st6 before I know it!!

Welcome to the forum!

No worries! I know what phone are like!! If you need any help on SW just shout me, dont know how many syns fruit pastills are though, and if you know your doing everything right on the plan then dont be too down about a gain, our bodies change all the time! x

Ruth_Harris said:
No worries! I know what phone are like!! If you need any help on SW just shout me, dont know how many syns fruit pastills are though, and if you know your doing everything right on the plan then dont be too down about a gain, our bodies change all the time! x

Thanks for the support! Just checked and the sour pastilles are 9 syns btw!!

Thats good to know, thgouh for 9 syns dont think i'll be indulging lol! :)

Ruth_Harris said:
Thats good to know, thgouh for 9 syns dont think i'll be indulging lol! :)

Yeah, bit steep! Curly wurly's are my treat of choice! Feel naughty eating one, as its chocolate, but only 6 syns!! Are there any other chocolate bars that are around that amount of syns do you know?

I'm new, too. Maybe your body was just adjusting and you will lose next week. Don't give up! You lost over a stone already!! Well done!

I'm new as well, started slimming world nearly four weeks ago and have nearly got my 1/2 a stone award, sometimes don't think my heads in it but feel I'm doing ok and tend to look how clothes aren't tight, keep trying xxx

Hi, I joined sw last Monday.I'm doing EE and can't believe how much I can eat!! Always done WW ! I hope I'm going to have a good loss on mon as I feel like I'm eating too much?!

I've gone from ww after loosing 2 stone and putting a stone back on, my friend does sw and thought it sounded easier, I won't lie its so much easier doing a meal, no weighing or anything! I love being able to eat most things and not point count it. Syn free recipes are great I've had mushy pea curry tonight was gorgeous. Good luck with your transfer it does get hard at times, wanting things you could of included in your weekly points its harder to fit in with syns but now I've figured flexi syns (50 max syns two days a week I think) it does make me feel I can get on track quicker and if I do have 20 syns one day its fine. It's hard to believe how much u can eat but still loose! Im sure you will love it x

benbria said:
I'm new, too. Maybe your body was just adjusting and you will lose next week. Don't give up! You lost over a stone already!! Well done!

Yeah I hope so! I'm usually pretty good, just felt really disheartened this wk. BUT I'm back on it and really want fit into a sexy dress for chrimbo! Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck with it, hope your not finding it too tough? SW EE is the best I've tried, you can eat carbs!!!

princesskim said:
I'm new as well, started slimming world nearly four weeks ago and have nearly got my 1/2 a stone award, sometimes don't think my heads in it but feel I'm doing ok and tend to look how clothes aren't tight, keep trying xxx

Thanks, think im getting back on track. Well done on coming so far in 4 wks! The clothes test is the best. Trying on your jeans and feeling a bit of room to move is great!! Keep that as your incentive, it's definately mine!!

missy66 said:
Hi, I joined sw last Monday.I'm doing EE and can't believe how much I can eat!! Always done WW ! I hope I'm going to have a good loss on mon as I feel like I'm eating too much?!

I KNOW!! It's so great being able to eat potatoes and pasta, and meat too!! I also love veg, so not having to count everything put is a real bonus. I load my plate up with free food!!! Love SW for that! Glad your enjoying it, good luck with your first weigh in!! Xx

Hi Missy 66....I'm in my 5th week of SW and I've lost 15 and a half pounds....I can't believe how much your allowed to eat was always used to doing WW and was always hungry!! On my first week I was convinced that I wouldn't have lost because of the amount I ate plus i went out for dinner and drinks and I managed too loose 9.5 pounds!! I'm sure your doing great. If doing ee always make sure you have your third super free seems to be working for me so far :) x

Back