New-ish...I just can't do it at home but nervous about class.

Andromache

Hi everyone,
I have been attempting to follow WW at home for a while now but I'm just cheating myself and not being as strict as I could and should be. I'm joining my local class tomorrow having realised that while I am the one that needs to be doing the work I really do need the accountability of a weekly class weigh in and the advice etc from a leader.

The thing is, I haven't ever been to a WW class before and I have no idea what to expect. Do I have to line up in front of everyone and get weighed? Are weights or losses etc. called out? I know it's really silly to be so nervous and I know I will be fine when I get there. I absolutely have to commit 100% to this and I have around 3 stone to lose :(

Nice to meet you all :)

Hi Andromache,

I used to go to a class with my mum last year but only did the diet about 2 weeks then didn't go back cos i had a bad week & thought i gained, which is golden rule number 1 NEVER MISS A CLASS cos you think you have gained. I'm doing WW on my own this time & personally feel better cos I thought that the leader was judging me which she wasn't it was just me being stupid.

Anyway about the classes,
Your weight is personal information to you & only you & your leader will see the numbers on the scales.
Leaders will never tell the class your weight, they may say how much the whole group have lost & if you had a really good week or if you have met a goal like lost your first half a stone (silver 7 WW call them) they might congratulate you in in front of the class but they not say ' x has gained 2lbs this week'.
Hope the class goes well.

Classes are great. as superhooper says, your weight loss is between you and your leader, and if you don't want the leader to highlight any successes that you have to the class, then they wont. Now walking into a class FULL of woman as a man, that was worrying !!...but they have all been great :) bite the bullet and give it a go..I think you will be pleasantly surprised...

Back