New(ish) to xenical

Jaxx41

Hi all

My name is Jackie and I have been on the tablets now for a little over a week after the doctor prescribed them for me in May, but after them being unavailable I only managed to get them last week.

I have followed the diet this last week and have been fine on it - no side effects save for a bit of wind. However, I appear to be constipated and did weigh myself after a week and it looks as though I haven't lost much if anything at all. My doctor didn't really give too much information and I have been working on the basis of 30g per day after looking at another website-5 at breakfast, 10 at lunch and 15 for evening meal - could this be the reason why I dont feel anything is working? After reading the stickies, it is perfectly clear that this is too little, although surely this should be a positive thing shouldn't it?

Hope this is just an adjustment period and things start moving soon!

jackie:wave_cry:

If you have not been able to go to the loo that's prob the reason you have not lost.

Prune juice or breakfast pots of prunes may help get things moving, also increasing your veg and water intake helps :)!

hi jackie, (its me from the group on fb)

Constipation is pretty normal in the beginning along with being bloated. The general rule is 15g of fat per meal, no more than 45g a day!! Plenty of fluids will help, i should that advice on myself as i never drink enough!! Hows today been for you?
Stick with it and your efforts will soon show.

Thanks for the replies. It has been better - trying to drink plenty and it has been a little better, but going by weight today, it still looks like nothing has come off :cry:having said that, my clothes do feel a little more loose than usual, but this should show as a weight loss surely? I'm really disheartened after only a very short time and really don't want to go back to my gp if its showing that I haven't lost anything!

Back