Total Solution New kid on the block

andyb1984

Hi guys and girls,

Just wanted to pop on and say hello, my bumper pack arrived on Monday afternoon, I'm working nightshift at the moment so started on Monday night, 3 packs overnight, found them all ok, choc shake was a bit watery, but that was probably my own fault.

Tonight so far, I've had the Thai chicken soup which I thought was delicious and the choc orange bar which I enjoyed as well, planning on having a wee banana shake in about an hour or so I think. I'm a bit behind on my water tonight, but still time to catch up I think.

Feeling quite positive at this early stage, really motivated too, weighed in at 17stone dead on Monday when I started, and I'm aiming to lose about 5 stone, though don't have a target weight as such, more a target clothes size !

Have a feeling that this site is going to be a saviour when it comes to keeping me focused in the hard times!

Hi andyb welcome I'm on day 2 today and must say so far so good, I've got about 3 1/2 stone to lose. I'm
Finding this forum lots of help good luck for today
Hannah x

In to day 3 now, today/tonight I decided to use up some of the Cambridge diet stuff I was given by a friend, so I had Maple Porridge for "breakfast" at about 7pm. I have set aside Chocolate Mint Shake and Spicy Tomato Soup to have through the night as well.

Not actually working tonight, so finding it a bit more difficult to stay 100% but managing so far, and have done quite well in terms of water, have already had 1400mls of water, 300mls green tea and 300mls black coffee, going to need to slow down otherwise I will never be out of the bathroom tonight!

Touch wood, I have found this quite stress free so far, although not getting complacent, because I know I will miss food at some point, but haven't done so far :)

Aiming for weekly weigh ins on mondays....but I have a set of scales in the bathroom which have almost been shouting at me, have managed to resist so far, so hopefully will be able to stay strong there too!

just had my first pack of day 4, had the mushroom soup, after reading a few comments on here, I had fairly low hopes for this one, but I found it absolutely delicious! :)

have set a strawberry shake and a toffee bar aside for my other two meals later on through the night

700mls water down so far, I've been hitting my 3ltr target up to now, so want to try and maintain that

woke up tonight, with a really strange taste in my mouth, could this be ketosis? wasn't expecting it to come so soon! :)

Hi Andy and welcome. Sounds like you are doing really well and that nasty taste could well be ketosis- fingers crossed that it is for you. Take care x

Heya welcome :) sounds like your doing fab so far xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi folks, thanks very much for the welcomes :)

today is my first actual day on this diet, having been in night shift mode since I started, and I have to say its been a whole lot harder going today, helped in no part by my oh sitting as I type munching his way through a stuffed crust meat feast :cry:

still I am battling on with my big bottle of water, just had a veggie soup, really enjoyed it as well, think all the years of working in hospitals has lowered my expectations of food! lol so I'm planning on a banana shake and my choc orange bar later on today

looking forward to weigh in on monday, can't believe I have managed to stay away from the scales up to now, but I feel lighter if thats possible in 4 days :confused: :D

meant to say as well, I found the Cambridge diet stuff I had the other night kind of left me unsatisfied and craving more, where as with the exante packs, this doesn't happen, I have a lot of them here but am only going to use them if I run short of exante products before the glorious payday! lol

Really struggling tonight, only brought two packs to work as I had one at lunch time today, had my shake at midnight and I'm hungry again already! Argh!! Think I'm going to have to cut my bar in half to keep me going..

Tomorrow will be easier though as I will sleep all day and only need my three packs, then all going well it will be weigh in day and seven days 100% have to admit I've shocked myself, really hoping for a good loss first week to keep me motivated though!

You are doing great - really well done!

You sound so motivated - the biggest part of the battle I think :)

All the best for a great weigh in tomorrow - I think you'll be pleased!! :D

Graet work so far! I work a lot of night shifts and hunger does really take on a different meaning during the night! I find a cup of bouillon really helps- have you tried it? Sometimes I will have an extra pack if it gets too bad. The best thing is you are sticking to it so well done indeed x

Hi andy. Good going so far. Best of luck for tomorrows weigh in.

Belle

Hi folks, thanks for the messages of support, really appreciated! :)

Having a good night, though I know I need to drink more! Lol I've only had 700mls water and 300mls coffee so far so waaay behind

I bought some bouillon the other day and its lush! Really found it helps when I'm a wee bit peckish as well, wish I'd had it last night when I was so hungry.

Weigh in tomorrow! Will come on here and post straight away when the results are in, quite excited about it, going to be a struggle to not to have a sneaky peek and do it first thing, need to wait til oh gets in from work in the afternoon! :)

Just been a naughty boy and stepped on the scales for a wee sneak peak ahead of the official weigh in.. I've lost 11lbs :) delighted with that!!

Hi Andy, that's brilliant.
Well done for a good week.
My 1st weigh in day is tomorrow and I can't wait as I struggled so much over the weekend and I need some motivation.
Hope week 2 is kind to you x

Nice work indeed- congratuations on the epic loss!

Thanks very much guys, just had the official weigh in with the oh and I must have misread the scales this morning, I'm actually down a full stone!!! Wooooop!!! Can't believe it, I'm soooo happy with that!!

Bub, good luck with your first weigh in tomorrow too, hope it goes well for you :)

X

thankyou so so much everyone :)

question for you all... the tomato soup, is there any way at all to make it taste any better? have looked on the ideas thread, tried the crushed chillis idea, it was ok, but to be honest it still wasn't great

other than that.. everything is still going well, up early this morning though, so starting to feel quite hungry already, going to have a cup of bouilon soon, and hopefully stave off the hungry monster inside me until at least midday!

x

Back